is this a joke by any chance...? you seem to have made a thread about a different subject every day for about the last week... i'm suspicious... try adlers orchestration book, it's the one used in a lot of universities i believe!
Quote by gavk
is this a joke by any chance...? you seem to have made a thread about a different subject every day for about the last week... i'm suspicious...

No it's not. T_T
I have a very huge interest in orchestration and classical music.
Last edited by MaddMann274 at Nov 10, 2011,
haha sorry man, i've seen a load of threads from you i was wondering was it kinda tongue in cheek! yeah check that one out, if you got any spare cash make sure to get the cds with it, it's got like a 6 cd set full of examples, it's really helpful
This is on par with someone saying, I want to learn theory. There are 600 page texts on functional harmony, there are 600 pages texts on orchestration. Buy a book, take a class, no one here is going to be able to teach you orchestration over an online forum.
Quote by gavk
haha sorry man, i've seen a load of threads from you i was wondering was it kinda tongue in cheek! yeah check that one out, if you got any spare cash make sure to get the cds with it, it's got like a 6 cd set full of examples, it's really helpful

No worries.
I'll check it out.

Though does anyone have 'Professional Orchestration Vol.1 Solo Instruments' by Peter Lawrence Alexander? Is it any good? That book sounds interesting.
Quote by griffRG7321
What are your analysis skills like? How's your ear?

My ear is good I think. I can figure out songs by ear and all. My analysis skills, am not sure. Not that good at it I guess.
Before learning orchestration I recommend you get your analytical skills up to scratch. In the meantime listen to a lot of orchestral and chamber works, learn to identify what instruments are playing.