im on ebay right now lookin at washburn guitars interested in idol, maverick, or x series and was wondering what others thought i understand there the lower end models....also your thoughts on oscar schmidt please.. yes as you well know washburn make them as well im aware..thanks
Love them.

Look at mah sig. Own three, soon to be 4.

Just like any brand they have lemons, and I've always found them to be a better to try before you buy kinda deal, since not all of them really gel with the player, but I've always found their necks to be comfortable. They're round, but not too round, and they're just meaty enough to sit in your hand comfortably if you're a chordy player.

Oscar Schmidt isn't too bad, in the shop I work in we have a few floating around, but they're nothing to write home about. I'd just go for the washburn in the end.

I'd recommend the idol or the x-series. Go for an X50 if you can, they go used on ebay for about 550, and they're incredible guitars for the price point. If you can find an X40 I'd say go for that, but good luck finding one, the times i've looked on ebay i've come up with nothing. Idols are just really nice in general, they're essentially washburns les paul line, but they're great instruments.

My things:
Bowes SLx7
Washburn WG587
Washburn X40Pro
Washburn X50
Washburn HM24
Washburn WR150
Laguna LE200s
Arietta Acoustic
First Act
Valveking 112
VHT Deliverance

Last edited by valennic at Nov 10, 2011,
I own a Washburn Scott Ian signature and never had any problems with it what so ever.
But as said before its better to try the guitar before buying it.
Long ago I worked on an X13 doing setup. One of the frets was unseated so I got my rubber mallet to tap it down and it squashed. I thought what the hell? Is it pewter or what? Even the frets had a greyish color to it.
Parker PDF30
Vox VT40+
Quote by OldRocker
Long ago I worked on an X13 doing setup. One of the frets was unseated so I got my rubber mallet to tap it down and it squashed. I thought what the hell? Is it pewter or what? Even the frets had a greyish color to it.

Cheap import model brah, that's what you get

My things:
Bowes SLx7
Washburn WG587
Washburn X40Pro
Washburn X50
Washburn HM24
Washburn WR150
Laguna LE200s
Arietta Acoustic
First Act
Valveking 112
VHT Deliverance

Quote by valennic
Cheap import model brah, that's what you get

That doesn't deserve the Washburn name.
Parker PDF30
Vox VT40+
Quote by OldRocker
That doesn't deserve the Washburn name.

Same could be said about many companies sadly.

My things:
Bowes SLx7
Washburn WG587
Washburn X40Pro
Washburn X50
Washburn HM24
Washburn WR150
Laguna LE200s
Arietta Acoustic
First Act
Valveking 112
VHT Deliverance

washburn makes some great guitars imo. very underrated in the market and can be had for pennies used.

but the above entry level guitars are crazy nice.

grover tuners, buzz fieten (sp) system, VCC tone controls on some models. great stuff in most cases. huge bang for the buck used.

good luck.
okay well I went down to my local guitar store and found a washburn maverick series not sure the model but its blue has h/s/s 1vol 1tone i will get pics up soon but it seems to be a nice guitar i paid 120 for it that a good deal? or no?