I've never bought one, or even thought about it much, but looking at some the reliability in battery life seems really nice. Which would be the best choice? I use windows phone 7 and like the player but the zune HD looks like an ipod touch and only has 16 gig memory. Should I stick with 16 gig phone memory or buy an mp3 player?
Get an iPod Classic - 80GB or 120GB. Don't believe all these stories about the low battery life and how they break easily. They don't - you just hear lots of stories on them because they're the most popular mp3 player out there and therefore you're bound to get more stories on them. Fact is, they last a long time, easy to use and itunes is pretty good.
¤´¨留話 請留話 請在我說完後
¸.•´¸.•´¨¸.•¤¨哭泣我不在這裡 我不在那裡請在嗶一聲之後留
(¸.•´ (¸.•´ .•´(´¸.•¤´`¤下自己的秘密請在嗶一聲之後對話筒沾自喜請在嗶一聲之後對空氣唉聲嘆氣

我不在這裡 我人在哪裡 我想到哪裡¤

請在嗶一聲之後留下有聲的話題¤

請在嗶一聲之後分擔感情的問題¤

¤¤¤

Quote by Harmonius
Get an iPod Classic - 80GB or 120GB. Don't believe all these stories about the low battery life and how they break easily. They don't - you just hear lots of stories on them because they're the most popular mp3 player out there and therefore you're bound to get more stories on them. Fact is, they last a long time, easy to use and itunes is pretty good.

Everything is 100% right except the bolded.
If you're going to use an iPod, and are already in another ecosystem of devices, WinAmp is the way to go with media players. It doesn't mess up sorting and tags like iTunes does and still syncs with iPods, though unfortunately not iTouches .
Last edited by Fullmetalzawa at Nov 10, 2011,
Quote by Zeletros
My mp3 player is 4gb of memory, I've used it for years. Small and comfy.

This exactly.

16Gb memory is more than enough. You can always buy SD cards; they aren't expensive.

Edited because I misread
There's a good chance that what I've written above is useless and if you take any of the advice it's your own fault.
Last edited by Silent Murder at Nov 10, 2011,
Quote by Zeletros
My mp3 player is 4gb of memory, I've used it for years. Small and comfy.

I have a 4 gig iPod. I hate it so much.

4gb is definitely not enough.
Quote by korinaflyingv
On the come up we were listening to Grateful Dead and the music started passing through my bowel and out my arsehole as this violet stream of light. I shat music. It was beautiful.
Eh, I could expand to 32 gig mini sd card in my phone if I tore it apart, but, **** that. Don't know what I'm doing with that, so I won't. And iPod classic looked great. Was looking at a walkman, small memory but 10 hour listening time. What is iPod listen time? 80/120 gigs though ohhhh man.
Quote by White_Venom1993
Eh, I could expand to 32 gig mini sd card in my phone if I tore it apart, but, **** that. Don't know what I'm doing with that, so I won't. And iPod classic looked great. Was looking at a walkman, small memory but 10 hour listening time. What is iPod listen time? 80/120 gigs though ohhhh man.

Depends, I've had mine go for about 20 hrs, but that's with minimal fiddling and just letting it run. The backlight is what you'll have to worry about in terms of draining power. Having a 160gb one, I'd say get it - it's worth it.
Quote by Fullmetalzawa
If you're going to use an iPod, and are already in another ecosystem of devices, WinAmp is the way to go with media players. It doesn't mess up sorting and tags like iTunes does and still syncs with iPods, though unfortunately not iTouches .

Well, if itunes is not to your liking, try Songbird - exactly the same as iTunes (same interface and controls) but it's compatible with all mp3 players.

¤´¨留話 請留話 請在我說完後
¸.•´¸.•´¨¸.•¤¨哭泣我不在這裡 我不在那裡請在嗶一聲之後留
(¸.•´ (¸.•´ .•´(´¸.•¤´`¤下自己的秘密請在嗶一聲之後對話筒沾自喜請在嗶一聲之後對空氣唉聲嘆氣

我不在這裡 我人在哪裡 我想到哪裡¤

請在嗶一聲之後留下有聲的話題¤

請在嗶一聲之後分擔感情的問題¤

¤¤¤

Quote by Fullmetalzawa

I personally prefer MediaMonkey. But I don't know if it syncs with Ipods.

OT: If you decide on 16 gbs, I know Creative do good mp3 players for their price.
Never imagine yourself not to be otherwise than what it might appear to others that what you were or might have been was not otherwise than what you had been would have appeared to them to be otherwise
Last edited by Krieger91 at Nov 10, 2011,
I've been using a refurbished 80GB 2nd-gen Zune for about 2 years now, and I love the thing. I've taken up about half the space, and regularly add stuff. For me, my two biggest requirements in an MP3 player are 1.) needs to have a lot of space, and 2.) needs to have external buttons so I can control it from outside my pants pocket. I was close to getting an iPod classic, but I don't like how you control the volume so I went with the Zune and it's been great. The thing is also built like a brick, so I don't worry if I drop it here and there.
Quote by Krieger91
I personally prefer MediaMonkey. But I don't know if it syncs with ipods

It does.
Quote by korinaflyingv
On the come up we were listening to Grateful Dead and the music started passing through my bowel and out my arsehole as this violet stream of light. I shat music. It was beautiful.