Hello people

I am putting my new guitar in C standard tuning for my own band (i have been inspired by dethklok) and i am debating what strings to use on it. i am thinking either 11's or 12's. any opinions oh and i prefer them to be d'addario's... they dont have to be d'addario's but i loves them...

thanks
.11's should work, depends on how tight you want your strings, I use .12's to play in drop B and I'd say they're about as tight as .10's in drop D
C standard is my all time favourite tuning, and I've tried a few different strings for it, and my favourite remains the Elixir Baritone set, they're a .012-.068. If you don't like coated, the GHS Zakk Wylde set is also quite good.
Go 10-52 if you like some bendability and give, go 11-54 if you like it at a decent tension, go 13-56 if you're a real man.
ಠ_ಠ
- Yes, My name is actually Terran -
- Not just a Starcraft fan -

Terran > Zerg and Protoss
I would say 12-58 or 13-60 or something like that. 11 or 10 will be very sloppy, the guitar will sound like shit and you will play worse.
^+1

11's would be too loose tuned down that low, I usually use them for E standard or half step down.
I've never tuned this low with anything in the 50ish range. Almost everyone here seems to advocate for it, so I'm sure it works, but I can't imagine how... We must just set up out guitars very differently...
13-56/58/60 would do fine. I'm actually using a 12-56 set right now, and I tried it in a multitude of tunings, from drop C to C standard to drop A#, drop B, etc..

Fits me right at drop C. Doesn't feel too bad in drop B either. Got a little loose around A#. 25.5" scale length.

Assuming you like decent tension and aren't one of those odd players who like floppy strings, go for 13's. The low C will be up to preference. a 56 can hold tension on it just fine, but you could wanna go higher to a 58 or a 60. all depends on you.
11's would be floppy as hell on a regular scale guitar (24.75/25.5). I use 13-62 for B Standard on a 27.7 scale guitar.
Y'all don't say that
I forgot to mension, the scale length of my guitar is 25.5 i will probably go 13's because that will also add some chunck to my tone
I have only just thought of this, is it possible to Bend and solo well on gauge 13's :l . i assume at c standard it will balance out wont it ?
Yeah, it's actually fine, I use 13-56 and I can still bend fine. A wise choice, sir, You'll be fine.
ಠ_ಠ
- Yes, My name is actually Terran -
- Not just a Starcraft fan -

Terran > Zerg and Protoss
Quote by carlosthegr8
I have only just thought of this, is it possible to Bend and solo well on gauge 13's :l . i assume at c standard it will balance out wont it ?

SRV never had a problem in Eb so you should down two steps
Ibanez SIR27
Pod HD500x

RIP:
Mesa Boogie Roadster 2x12 combo
Cmatmods analog chorus, phaser, tremoglo, signa drive, butah, and deeelay
walrus Audio Descent
I would use 12's or 13's. What guitar are you playing by the way?
PRS SE Custom 24 w/ Seymour Duncan JB and Jazz Pickups
Squire Classic Vibe Stratocaster

Digitech Bad Monkey

Pignose 7100 Legendary Amplifyer