Hey guys. I'm in the process of purchasing pedals, already have the delay, reverb and phaser side of things done. Looking for suggestions for a harmonizer and tremolo pedals. No budget really, I'll pay the money if the product is sublime. Needs to be true bypass and would prefer an analogue tremolo(not sure if harmonizers can be analogue?) but digital suggestions are cool too. I have a Red Witch Moon Phaser which I LOVE so I did look at a Red Witch Pentavocal, not sure if it is analogue though. Is a Digitech Whammy DT pitch shift a really good harmonizer? I'm not really sure what the pedal in the middle is for, looks like a wah pedal? I want something that will give my solos more life(octaves etc) but extra features are always welcome. Thanks heaps!
Gear:

ESP Horizon NT II
ESP Horizon NT 7
ESP Horizon FR II
Quote by Megadeth09
Hey guys. I'm in the process of purchasing pedals, already have the delay, reverb and phaser side of things done. Looking for suggestions for a harmonizer and tremolo pedals. No budget really, I'll pay the money if the product is sublime. Needs to be true bypass and would prefer an analogue tremolo(not sure if harmonizers can be analogue?) but digital suggestions are cool too. I have a Red Witch Moon Phaser which I LOVE so I did look at a Red Witch Pentavocal, not sure if it is analogue though. Is a Digitech Whammy DT pitch shift a really good harmonizer? I'm not really sure what the pedal in the middle is for, looks like a wah pedal? I want something that will give my solos more life(octaves etc) but extra features are always welcome. Thanks heaps!

Yeah man the Red Witch Pentavocal tremolo is pretty epic, however you should consider these too:
1. Empress Tremolo
2. Diamond Tremolo
3. Pigtronix Tremvolope

I'm looking for a tremolo and am looking at these 4 too.
Quote by Blompcube
it's so cool to hate Gibson, even the federal Department of Justice hates them.

( )( )
( . .) This is Bunny. Copy and paste Bunny into your
C('')('') signature to help him gain world domination.
Took a look at the guitars in your sig, googled to see pics of a NT II and now i'm GASing like mad.

Thank you.
LTD Viper 1000 Deluxe
Simon & Patrick CW GT Vintageburst
Egnater Vengeance
ISP Technologies Theta (for sale)
ISP Technologies Vector (for sale)
Randall RG75DG2
Maxon OD808
Boss Super Shifter PS-5
Boss Chromatic Tuner TU-3
Quote by Megadeth09
Needs to be true bypass and would prefer an analogue tremolo(not sure if harmonizers can be analogue?) but digital suggestions are cool too.

yeah, they can both be analogue. are you looking for the super choppy trem (like square wave) or something with some crossover like an optical based trem? or are you looking for some leslie style trem (aka univibe-style)?

kitty has the first 2 covered, if you want vibe style trem then i have had good success with Fulltone's deja-vibe and sweet sound's ultra vibe II.

Quote by Megadeth09
Is a Digitech Whammy DT pitch shift a really good harmonizer? I'm not really sure what the pedal in the middle is for, looks like a wah pedal?

i have played about 3 versions of digitechs whammy pedals.

-are they good? yeah they are pretty good. like most pedals they do somethings better than others.

-the pedal in the middle is for controlling certain harmonizer of note bending pitches, it can work like a whammy bar, like a b-bender or like a wah depending on version of pedal and function.

- the pedal does single note harmonies well, pitch bends pretty well (some version have been a bit steppy). can have a bit of a 'sharp' harmonizer tone. it has really unique harmonizer modes that i like, wherein you can keep your root note and bend the harmonized notes between an interval range (like -min 3rd to +4th for example)

i personally use a electro harmonix HOG because i like the tone better, has more options (but not all the options digitech has, and few it doesn't). i can get more convincing synth and keyboard tones outta the HOG. the tone is very smooth (it does use individual analogue harmonizers on individual sliders) and also has very smooth pitch shifting, sweet low pass filters and a few other bells and whistles. the low pass filter is a big seller for me, it really tames harmonizers into usability.
punk isn't dead, it's always smelled that way.

"A perfection of means, and confusion of aims, seems to be our main problem."
-ae
Thanks for the replies and compliments guys Will definitely look at the suggestions listed. By the way, what is GAS?

I would want a choppy based trem if I had to choose between the two sounds.
Gear:

ESP Horizon NT II
ESP Horizon NT 7
ESP Horizon FR II
Last edited by Megadeth09 at Nov 10, 2011,
Quote by Megadeth09
By the way, what is GAS?

Not sure if srs.

You've been around UG for a while now. Surely you're aware of Gear Acqusition Syndrome?

If you're not, you are now; and you obviously have it.
Quote by Blompcube
it's so cool to hate Gibson, even the federal Department of Justice hates them.

( )( )
( . .) This is Bunny. Copy and paste Bunny into your
C('')('') signature to help him gain world domination.
Quote by ragingkitty
Not sure if srs.

You've been around UG for a while now. Surely you're aware of Gear Acqusition Syndrome?

If you're not, you are now; and you obviously have it.

Lolll I was being serious Oh I definitely have it... Much to the dismay of my bank account
Gear:

ESP Horizon NT II
ESP Horizon NT 7
ESP Horizon FR II