Hi everybody,

I am looking to get an audio interface device to work with Acoustica Mixcraft on my Windows 7 laptop. Nothing too fancy, maybe four inputs for guitar, keyboard and mic, for recording and for the occasional jam session. I'm looking at under $300; any suggestions?

I've heard a bit about the Line 6 Pod Studio UX2. Has anyone used this before? How is it?

Would appreciate some (quick ) responses.

Thanks!
Have a look at the Zoom R series. There's an 8, 16 and 24 track version.

It's basically a multitracker which is an interface as well, so you can hook it up to your laptop when you want to or just use it on it's own when you're out at a jam session without having to set up your laptop/interface everywhere you go.
Gibson LP Traditional, LP GT, LP Studio, SG Standard x2
Barber Tone Press > EHX Worm >TC Polytune > MXR Custom Badass 78 > EXH Glove > EHX East River Drive > Zoom G3 > TC Spark Mini Booster
Laney VC30
Marshall TSL602
Jet City JCA22H
My SoundCloud
The UX2 is pretty good. Zoom's stuff is great too. I dunno about the Behringer mixer though. Their preamps have ok reviews, so they seem solid enough. I just tend to approach cheap gear with a "you get what you pay for" attitude until I get to try it out. Not that all cheap gear is bad; I use a lot of ART gear, and they're stuff is def on the cheaper side. Their Dual Tube Pre is a good choice too. Very compact and good preamps.
^^Agreed, the main thing I've read in these forums about Behringer is that they are at best unpredictable. It seems that they sometimes make some kit which works really well and gives great value for money, but you are just as likely to get a poor product which breaks down a lot so they obviously have quality control issues.
Gibson LP Traditional, LP GT, LP Studio, SG Standard x2
Barber Tone Press > EHX Worm >TC Polytune > MXR Custom Badass 78 > EXH Glove > EHX East River Drive > Zoom G3 > TC Spark Mini Booster
Laney VC30
Marshall TSL602
Jet City JCA22H
My SoundCloud