Page 1 of 4
So as of today, Theresa May has finally made it a criminal offence for radical Muslim groups to hold counter demonstrations on Armistice Day.

Article

What do you guys (primarily British UGers) think of the move? It's bound to cause a fair amount of controversy, but I still think there should be harsher measures put in place to punish those involved.
I'm ambivalent. I support the right to free speech, but the behaviour of those people is borderline unacceptable and verges on incitement to racial/religious hatred or violence. On the other hand, criminalising them will probably be counterproductive and will be a propaganda victory for Muslim extremists. I dunno.
I thought this was going to be about poppies....
"I have good eye-sight, insight, and foresight. How could an
intelligent hare make such a silly mistake?"
Last edited by HowToFly at Nov 10, 2011,
Quote by Pagan-Pie
I'm ambivalent. I support the right to free speech, but the behaviour of those people is borderline unacceptable and verges on incitement to racial/religious hatred or violence. On the other hand, criminalising them will probably be counterproductive and will be a propaganda victory for Muslim extremists. I dunno.

+1
"If God exists, there's no way he is French" - Andrea Pirlo

S A D B O Y S
Morons on both sides.
Quote by SomeoneYouKnew
You should be careful what you say. Some asshole will probably sig it.

Quote by Axelfox
Yup, a girl went up to me in my fursuit one time.

Quote by Xiaoxi
I can fap to this. Keep going.
Quote by Jackal58
Morons on both sides.

Couldn't have said it better.

Could have said it ruder.

Total cunts on both sides, for example.

But not better.
Hahahahahahahahahah hahahaha har har har
I don't know if flat out banning those sort of demo's is really the best way forward? Many Extremist groups would probably see it as a victory on their part since it gives their cause further ammunition.

I just wish that the majority of the British public would react to this sort of behaviour with something other than blind rage. We'd probably do more damage to these Extremists if we just laughed them off.
Last edited by PeZ546 at Nov 10, 2011,
Although i dont condone the muslim demonstrations i do defend their right to do it.

Bit lefty i suppose but whatever
Everybody definitely has the right to freely express their opinion, but there is a fine line between opinion and (I hate to use the cliché but screw it...) hate speech.

Example: "We can't stand westerners" is a collective opinion. "Behead all who deny Islam" is hate speech.

Most terribly explained argument in the world notwithstanding, do you see what I'm getting at?
LtBrenton

Quote by Douglas Adams
The art of flying lies in learning how to throw yourself at the ground and miss.

Quote by soulflyV

If I didn't have a mudkip in there, I'd sig that.

http://ltbrenton.wordpress.com My blog. Check it out.

☠ ☠ ☠
Quote by LtBrenton
Everybody definitely has the right to freely express their opinion, but there is a fine line between opinion and (I hate to use the cliché but screw it...) hate speech.

Example: "We can't stand westerners" is a collective opinion. "Behead all who deny Islam" is hate speech.

Most terribly explained argument in the world notwithstanding, do you see what I'm getting at?

We should kick the living shit out of anybody burning poppies tomorrow?
Quote by SomeoneYouKnew

Quote by Axelfox

Quote by Xiaoxi
What does piss me off however is that if someone even dares to make a comic or a joke about Mohammed or Allah then all these muslim loonys go round smashing the shit out of whoevers responsible but the muslim nut jobs seem to think its fine to say whatever they hell they like about whoever the hell they like, saying British soldiers should burn in hell and stuff and we're all supposed to be ok with that.

They can dish it out but cant take it.
The poppy is a sign of national pride. These people protesting are UK citizens. Burning the poppy isn't an attack on christianity, it's an attack on the UK, which is made up of Christians, Hindus, Sikhs etc and Muslims.

Brainless protests.
In Flanders fields the poppies blow
Between the crosses, row on row,
That mark our place; and in the sky
The larks, still bravely singing, fly
Scarce heard amid the guns below.

We are the Dead. Short days ago
We lived, felt dawn, saw sunset glow,
Loved and were loved, and now we lie,
In Flanders fields.

Take up our quarrel with the foe:
To you from failing hands we throw
The torch; be yours to hold it high.
If ye break faith with us who die
We shall not sleep, though poppies grow
In Flanders fields.
Quote by SomeoneYouKnew

Quote by Axelfox

Quote by Xiaoxi
Quote by LivinJoke84

this.

Can't wait for the inevitable irony of extremists asking for freedom of speech.
Quote by Jackal58
Morons on both sides.

Aw shit, now I have to decide which one to be on.
Good. They are inciting hate and are doing it to be a nuisance.

Plus they only further the muslim stereotype of hating the west and making the lives of muslims/ people of that ethnicity harder.
Quote by LivinJoke84
What does piss me off however is that if someone even dares to make a comic or a joke about Mohammed or Allah then all these muslim loonys go round smashing the shit out of whoevers responsible but the muslim nut jobs seem to think its fine to say whatever they hell they like about whoever the hell they like, saying British soldiers should burn in hell and stuff and we're all supposed to be ok with that.

you could also flip that around and say that whenever anyone mocks their religion and muslims get angry, everyone says they should get over it but when they deface/destroy a symbol that is close to other people's hearts, the same people who said 'get over it' are all of a sudden whipped into a bloodthirsty rage.
Rhythm in Jump. Dancing Close to You.

Quote by element4433
Yeah. people, like Lemoninfluence, are hypocrites and should have all their opinions invalidated from here on out.
Quote by Lemoninfluence
you could also flip that around and say that whenever anyone mocks their religion and muslims get angry, everyone says they should get over it but when they deface/destroy a symbol that is close to other people's hearts, the same people who said 'get over it' are all of a sudden whipped into a bloodthirsty rage.

I dont really remember the last time a bunch of UK residents appalled at the antics of extreme muslims went and burned down an embassy for an arab country
If someone wants to burn your holy book/poppy/flag/religious symbol, it says far more about them than it does about you.

/thread

Quote by LivinJoke84
I dont really remember the last time a bunch of UK residents appalled at the antics of extreme muslims went and burned down an embassy for an arab country

No, we prefer to invade them instead.
Quote by Tanglewoodguit
The poppy is a sign of national pride. These people protesting are UK citizens. Burning the poppy isn't an attack on christianity, it's an attack on the UK, which is made up of Christians, Hindus, Sikhs etc and Muslims.

Brainless protests.

The poppy is a symbol of remembrance for soldiers who died fighting in British wars around the world, who belonged to a multitude of nations.

But that only makes these people more moronic.
Quote by Nosferatu Man

T-shirts are a sign of degeneration and decline.
Quote by Kumanji
If someone wants to burn your holy book/poppy/flag/religious symbol, it says far more about them than it does about you.

/thread

I regularly burn Das Kapital.
Quote by SomeoneYouKnew

Quote by Axelfox

Quote by Xiaoxi
Quote by Jackal58

TOO FAR MAN

But, srs, do what you like, it's a book, dude. If you go into a shop, buy a copy of Capital and burn it, you haven't burnt my book, you've burnt your book.
Quote by Kumanji

HA HA! Fair point.

But another thing that bugs me is these radical ramptons say they hate the west, hate the UK, hate its culture and hate its people yet lives here

They should be forced to wear scumbag steve hats.

If i hated a country with all my passion to the point i was enouraging people to blow themselves up over it, i sure as hell wouldnt be living there. Wheres the sense in that??
Last edited by LivinJoke84 at Nov 10, 2011,
Quote by Jackal58

Atleast you aren't burning my money.

cwutididthar.jpg
Quote by leeb rocks
The poppy is a symbol of remembrance for soldiers who died fighting in British wars around the world, who belonged to a multitude of nations.

But that only makes these people more moronic.

C'mon, you know what I meant.
But agreed, it's brainless.
Quote by Kumanji
TOO FAR MAN

But, srs, do what you like, it's a book, dude. If you go into a shop, buy a copy of Capital and burn it, you haven't burnt my book, you've burnt your book.

I stole it.
Quote by SomeoneYouKnew

Quote by Axelfox

Quote by Xiaoxi
Quote by Tanglewoodguit
C'mon, you know what I meant.
But agreed, it's brainless.

Yeah, but I think it's an important distinction to make whenever it's glossed over as it almost always is. This time of year a lot of racism is hidden under talk of 'national remembrance'
Quote by Nosferatu Man

T-shirts are a sign of degeneration and decline.
Quote by LivinJoke84
HA HA! Fair point.

But another thing that bugs me is these radical ramptons say they hate the west, hate the UK, hate its culture and hate its people yet lives here

They should be forced to wear scumbag steve hats.

If i hated a country with all my passion to the point i was enouraging people to blow themselves up over it, i sure as hell wouldnt be living there. Wheres the sense in that??

so instead of trying to change uk culture (which is based upon democracy in theory) they should leave?

Quote by element4433
Yeah. people, like Lemoninfluence, are hypocrites and should have all their opinions invalidated from here on out.
Quote by Kumanji

/thread

They have invaded! They've done it very slyly and stolen our jobs in the process!

was just a joke before i get shouted at :p
Quote by leeb rocks
Yeah, but I think it's an important distinction to make whenever it's glossed over as it almost always is. This time of year a lot of racism is hidden under talk of 'national remembrance'

I was just making the point that they're attacking the wrong thing if they want to hit christianity.
I couldn't give a fuck if they burn poppies, what gives one pride about one's countrymen going into another country and killing people?
Sing me to sleep.
Quote by Lemoninfluence
so instead of trying to change uk culture (which is based upon democracy in theory) they should leave?

Absolutely. If you disagree with how things are going, try to change them. If you hate a nation and its people and everything they stand for, GTFO. Democracy can only work for the people willing to coexist peacefully with what they don't agree with.
Quote by aeroslash09
I couldn't give a fuck if they burn poppies, what gives one pride about one's countrymen going into another country and killing people?
Yeah you're right, what were we thinking in WWI, it's a shame you weren't around to dispense your advice
Quote by smb
Yeah you're right, what were we thinking in WWI, it's a shame you weren't around to dispense your advice

No, it's just a shame that a lot of world leaders are warmongering cu nts
Sing me to sleep.
Quote by aeroslash09

Hull City A.F.C

Quote by Thrashtastic15
crunkym toy diuckl;ess ass ****igkjn ****** **** bitch ass pussy ****er douchecanoe ****** **** you s omn cnt you lieet le biutch
Quote by TextOnTheScreen
Absolutely. If you disagree with how things are going, try to change them. If you hate a nation and its people and everything they stand for, GTFO. Democracy can only work for the people willing to coexist peacefully with what they don't agree with.

And you know for a fact that they hate all British people and everything the UK stands for?

Quote by element4433
Quote by aeroslash09

Aren't you a good little non-conformist.
Quote by Lemoninfluence
And you know for a fact that they hate all British people and everything the UK stands for?

I'd say it's a safe bet that this MAC group does.
Quote by SomeoneYouKnew

Quote by Axelfox

Quote by Xiaoxi
Page 1 of 4