You don't like the look?

Picture that pretty guitar of yours laying at your feed because you didn't use straplocks...

You REALLY won't like that look..
I Play Guitar
Some Like it
Some don't
I don't care
Beats Workin'
OLD GUYS RULE!!!!
Quote by Papabear505
You don't like the look?

Picture that pretty guitar of yours laying at your feed because you didn't use straplocks...

Very true. It should be more about the function than looks, but personally I think they look fine. If you really don't like them, check out Schaller strap locks. I have them on both my LP and my Strat and I only have great things to say about them. Solid, dependable, easy to use, reasonably priced, and I like the way they look.
Fender American Vintage '62 Stratocaster
Gibson Les Paul Custom
TC Electronic Polytune
Danelectro Blue Paisley
EHX Big Muff Pi w/ Tone Wicker
Dunlop Crybaby
EHX Deluxe Memory Boy
Egnater Tweaker

Quote by Jackal58
Yer pretty fly for a Canadian.
The straplocks are OK. No one is able to notice, from a 10 meters distance (that's the first row of seats), it is 5 mm longer than a Dunlop straplock. If it holds then guitar tight, then it's good.
Quote by rv_phoenix
The straplocks are OK. No one is able to notice, from a 10 meters distance (that's the first row of seats), it is 5 mm longer than a Dunlop straplock. If it holds then guitar tight, then it's good.

well I'd prefer LOXX from what I saw on youtube but I am not gonna get it from here so it's 0 likely

should I kind of leave them?
Quote by Papabear505
You don't like the look?

Just want to say here, I've been gigging for roughly 4 years with the same guitar and strap with no strap locks and never have I had an experience that's even made me think about straplocks. For a short period I forgot they even existed.

Anyway, it does look a bit skewiff, but it's how straplocks usually look, they look a bit bulkier than most, but generally straplocks are going to look bulky compared to regular strap button things.
Quote by Punk_Ninja
Just want to say here, I've been gigging for roughly 4 years with the same guitar and strap with no strap locks and never have I had an experience that's even made me think about straplocks. For a short period I forgot they even existed.

Anyway, it does look a bit skewiff, but it's how straplocks usually look, they look a bit bulkier than most, but generally straplocks are going to look bulky compared to regular strap button things.

same over here except one day when my guitatr fell off, I had a little scratch. nothing really visible but well now when I'm more into playing live and this and that and I use an elastic strap and I like to mess around with it, I'm kind of holding my breath each time I start going weird with it :P
i used to be religious about strap locks. i think i am just old and don't move around as much anymore so i don't worry about it.

i used something similar to TS, big bulky things that required extra hardware. they are a bit funky, but you do get used to them.

Quote by Vendetta V
I'm kind of holding my breath each time I start going weird with it :P

that is a good enough reason to get them. i had a similar experience in my youth (and another experience to show that i should always keep my guitars in closed cases).

most of the brands of straplocks that i saw where metal like that, and stood a bit away from the body. or they were plastic, larger and took up more space and seemed more bulky. in other words, you may not find anything much better.
punk isn't dead, it's always smelled that way.

"A perfection of means, and confusion of aims, seems to be our main problem."
-ae
eh I want http://loxx.biz/en/#/applications/maritime-applications/

these thigns seem to be quite nice and tidy.. .I took my strap locks off and the guitar seems rather solid and nice and tight. with the things it was like ASKDLAKSFHLASKFJAK kind of thing

may be I could do the DIY pin thingy? Or get strap buttons that are quite wide so that you have to put your strap from the other side and then screw it to your guitar's body? I'd love that cause I dont take my strap off like ever
Thats exactly why i got a Dimarzio Clip Lock strap.
Egnater Tweaker 40
Yamaha s412
Vox AC4TV
Fender Blues Jr. VIII

Fender MIM Jazzmaster
Fender MIM Telecaster
Ibanez GAX70
Ibanez VBT700
Epiphone Les Paul jr.
Gibson Les Paul 60's Tribute

Various Effects
This is like when you get a new pair of shoes, and they feel completely different from your old ones. For a week you're aware of every step, and after that you never notice again. They're fine, it's not a big deal, it's not like you have a baseball glued to your guitar. Give it a while, you won't care any more.
He's right, give it a little time to get used to them. If you ever do need them, you will be grateful you had them. Click on the link in my sig for pics of my guitars (2/3 have Ernie Ball strap locks). I think yours are less noticeable than the Ernie Ball.
I used to use Dual Design strap loks. Now I use these. http://www.samash.com/p/Dunlop_7007SI%20Ergo%20Lok%20Strap%20System_-49999441?cm_mmc=Froogle-_-Guitar%20Straps-_-7007SI%20Ergo%20Lok%20Strap%20System-_-D7007SIXX

They're extremely unobtrusive, and they work great.
Spin 'round carousel when your horse isn't screwed in.

My band:
Fractured Instinct
(For fans of Death/Groove/Prog Metal)

Ibanez RGA42E
Ibanez S420
LTD H-301
Ibanez RG520
Peavey Predator USA
Douglas Grendel 725
Line 6 Pod HD500X
Also, you can get the Dunlop lok strap things. They've worked rather well IMO.
I think if you are going to be doing any sort of moving around whilst standing with a guitar, straplocks are pretty much a no-brainer. For the sake of a few bucks, I can see no reason why you wouldn't want them installed on any 'gigging' guitar.
I recently switched from Dunlop to Schallers on all my guitars and straps because I wanted something that was a little more low profile.
I am pretty paranoid about straplocks, when I buy a new guitar now I won't even play it until I have some installed, just for safeties sake. A brand new $2K guitar hitting the deck isn't something I ever want to experience lol.
Gear:
Fender AVRI '62 Jazzmaster, Fender Gold Sparkle Strat (custom), Custom Swirled Roswell Rhoads
Marshall DSL15H, Weber Speakers, Fender Champs (x2),
'63 Fender Reverb, Mosrite Fuzzrite, Joe Bonamassa Fuzz Face, Whiteface RAT
Vintage Tubes!
I think strap locks are a god send. I have regular Dunlop Strap locks on my PRS CE22, G-400, and Tele. I have Schaller on every thing else. Both work fine, and both have good and bad points to them.
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
2009 Epiphone G-400 (SH-4)
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Krank Rev 4x12 (eminence V12)
GFS Greenie/Digitech Bad Monkey
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate