My live rig is now going to be..

Peavey 6505 into cab on one side of stage
ENGL Fireball into cab on opposite side

What pedal would allow to run both of these amps at the same time? I had a look at the Behringer AB200 (http://www.behringer.com/EN/Products/AB200.aspx), would this allow me to do what I'm wanting to? Or will it just switch between the 2, rather than running at the same time?

Thanks.

Ibanez RG1550 with Bareknuckle Nailbombs and Mothers Milk
1976 Gibson SG Standard
Peavey 6505
Framus 2x12 (V30s)

It's called an A/B/Y box, lots of companies make them. The Morley one is good. You can make your own, too, if you can work a soldering iron. They're quite easy.
Look for A/B/Y pedals. They allow you to switch between or run two amps at the same time.
If I'm not mistaken, what you need is an A/B/Y box.
Do you feel warm within your cage?

And have you figured out yet -

Life goes by?
Quote by Hydra150
There's a dick on Earth, too
It's you
Quote by DarylCooper
My live rig is now going to be..

Peavey 6505 into cab on one side of stage
ENGL Fireball into cab on opposite side

What pedal would allow to run both of these amps at the same time? I had a look at the Behringer AB200 (http://www.behringer.com/EN/Products/AB200.aspx), would this allow me to do what I'm wanting to? Or will it just switch between the 2, rather than running at the same time?

Thanks.

any a/b/Y pedal in the Y position would do it, i dont know any model, but search for a/b/Y pedals, actually give me a couple of secs and i'll edit this post with a link

EDIT: http://www.thomann.de/pt/t_rex_polyswitch_ab.htm

you can probably get lower priced pedal that does that, other thing you can do is make your own, build 3 jacks inside a box and connect jack 1 to jack 2&3, that way you'll split the signal.
Splitting the signal means half volume each path, so you'll probably need to crank up the amps
Last edited by tntero at Nov 10, 2011,
You want an A/B/Y switch. And not a Behringer. Take a look at this:

musiciansfriend.com/guitars/morley-aby-channel-switcher/150757000000000

Should do exactly what you're wanting.
Excuse my ignorance, but are there any problems with signal-loss with just an ABY-box? If so, wouldn't something buffered like a splitter be better then?
Depends on how long the cable runs are. Easiest option is usually to just use something like a clean boost or a buffered pedal before the A/B/Y to drive them. A buffered splitter is good too but it's only useful if you don't have any buffered pedals, or engaged pedals, in front of the splitter.
A stereo delay pedal will also work. I know there are plenty to choose from, so I won't bother listing any.
Epi Explorer
Squier Vintage Modified Tele

Dunlop Crybaby (modded)
TC Polytune
Marshall ED-1
Vexter Box of Rock
Harmonic Jerkulator (home made)
Boss CE-3
Line6 Echo Park

Modified Traynor YCV40
Fender Super Champ XD
If you want to get an effects pedal instead of an A/B/Y box, a lot of digital effects have stereo outputs.
Stuff from Digitech and Boss mainly.
Quote by Roc8995
Depends on how long the cable runs are. Easiest option is usually to just use something like a clean boost or a buffered pedal before the A/B/Y to drive them. A buffered splitter is good too but it's only useful if you don't have any buffered pedals, or engaged pedals, in front of the splitter.

Makes sense. Thanks for clarifying.
http://www.dv247.com/guitars/mxr-black-label-chorus--71700

Would this allow you to plug into 2 amps? It looks like it has 2 outputs. I was considering getting this as a slight amount of chorus should fatten up my sound a little (I am now the only guitarist in what was previously a 2 guitar band).

1976 Gibson SG Standard
Peavey 6505
Framus 2x12 (V30s)

Quote by DarylCooper
http://www.dv247.com/guitars/mxr-black-label-chorus--71700

Would this allow you to plug into 2 amps? It looks like it has 2 outputs.

yes, you can plug use two amps with that pedal.

Quote by DarylCooper
I was considering getting this as a slight amount of chorus should fatten up my sound a little (I am now the only guitarist in what was previously a 2 guitar band).

i actually find that a stereo chorus effect works the best with one wet amp and one dry amp. having chorus on both can kinda get a bit too mooshie and you lose tonality and note definition. but something about how chorus works makes it work real well with one dry amp and one wet amp.

still, if you just wanna use a little it will fatten your tone up quite a bit and you can use both your amps.
punk isn't dead, it's always smelled that way.

"A perfection of means, and confusion of aims, seems to be our main problem."
-ae
Thanks for the helpful reply!

Running one wet and one dry sounds good to me.. how would I do that with that pedal? Is there a way to send the chorus to only one output?

1976 Gibson SG Standard
Peavey 6505
Framus 2x12 (V30s)

Quote by DarylCooper
Thanks for the helpful reply!

Running one wet and one dry sounds good to me.. how would I do that with that pedal? Is there a way to send the chorus to only one output?

my tc electronic SCF has a wet and dry output (that is how i found out about it, i used it plug in a seperate amp and sounded more spacious then when i used an A/B/Y and sent wet signals to both my amps). that mxr just has wet outputs though, so you don't have an option of going wet/dry.

edit: nvm

Quote by manual
To use the
Black Label Chorus in stereo
mode, run an additional cable
from the Thru Output jack to the
input of a second amp. Using
this jack automatically sends the
delayed signal only to the Mono
output jack when the effect is on
and outputs a buffered copy of
the input signal.

this means it works like my TC. which is pretty common with chorus pedals. so it does use it wet/dry already, a great way to sound thicker on stage.
punk isn't dead, it's always smelled that way.

"A perfection of means, and confusion of aims, seems to be our main problem."
-ae
Last edited by gumbilicious at Nov 10, 2011,