So i noticed the other day that my pedals sounded weak and thin in the effects loop of my Egnater Tweaker 40, so for the hell of it i decided to run everything straight into the front of the amp. Everything sounded so much fuller and my delays got much longer repeats for some reason so i'm keeping them there.

Is this normal?
Is this due to some kind of blend thing at work in the effects loop?
Lastly, does anyone else run their effects this way?
Egnater Tweaker 40
Yamaha s412
Vox AC4TV
Fender Blues Jr. VIII

Fender MIM Jazzmaster
Fender MIM Telecaster
Ibanez GAX70
Ibanez VBT700
Epiphone Les Paul jr.
Gibson Les Paul 60's Tribute

Various Effects
Some effects work "better" in front and some in the effects loop. In the end, it is a preference thing. My bare setup is an overdrive and a noise suppressor, and I put both in front. It comes down to what you want from each pedal. You just play around with positioning until you get that magic tone.
As far as the delay goes, it's because your delay is distorting when it's placed in front of the amp.

The Tweaker may or may not have a blend knob for its effects loop, I'm not sure.
Quote by DeathByDestroyr
What the hell is a G&L.

Quote by Flux'D
Gay & Lesbian I think, the box smelled funny
Greg what did you send me??
^ it has no blend knob but i don't know it just all sounds weaker in the loop
Egnater Tweaker 40
Yamaha s412
Vox AC4TV
Fender Blues Jr. VIII

Fender MIM Jazzmaster
Fender MIM Telecaster
Ibanez GAX70
Ibanez VBT700
Epiphone Les Paul jr.
Gibson Les Paul 60's Tribute

Various Effects
Yeah I definately think you're over simplifying the situation by saying they sound "better" in front.

From my understanding (and what I do) the effects loop is good when you want to place effects after the amps distorsion stage. So pedals like: volume, delay, chorus are best in the FX loop. If you want longer lasting delay just turn the appropriate knob up.

Then again there are no rules.
Quote by voltafan485
So i noticed the other day that my pedals sounded weak and thin in the effects loop of my Egnater Tweaker 40, so for the hell of it i decided to run everything straight into the front of the amp. Everything sounded so much fuller and my delays got much longer repeats for some reason so i'm keeping them there.

it has a buffered series effects loop (so there is no 'mix' knob like someone mentioned earlier). the buffer can change how some effects sound.

i'd try running individual pedals in the effects loops to make sure it is working properly. try a reverb or delay pedal by itself there and see if it still sounds bad. then try a modulation and a delay effect together, so on.

if the effects loop always sounds like the sux then i'd contact someone about it.

Quote by voltafan485
Is this normal?

not really, though heed the posts about how you can put effects anywhere and it is personal choice.

Is this due to some kind of blend thing at work in the effects loop?

no, it's a series effects loop. it may be the buffer though. see above for troubleshooting

Quote by voltafan485
Lastly, does anyone else run their effects this way?

i do. i run two or three amps at a time, so i just run all the effects in the front. mind you, i tend to use a boost, OD and fuzz pedals for my distortion so i run my amps clean. if you are running amp distortion, effects loops become more important in order to keep reverb, delay and modulation effects sounding more crisp (some people don't like that sound though and just run them in the front of the amp).
punk isn't dead, it's always smelled that way.

"A perfection of means, and confusion of aims, seems to be our main problem."
-ae