Poll: Should all drugs be legalized?
Poll Options
View poll results: Should all drugs be legalized?
Legalize em all.
94 42%
Legalize none.
29 13%
Legalize some.
102 45%
Voters: 225.
Page 1 of 4
I know this thread has kind of been done before, but the last one only talks of the legalization of meth. I'm sure many people jumped to "aww heeeeell naw!" when they saw that because meth is derp, and voted accordingly on the poll, myself included, even though I am of the opinion that all drugs should be legalized.
Quote by korinaflyingv
On the come up we were listening to Grateful Dead and the music started passing through my bowel and out my arsehole as this violet stream of light. I shat music. It was beautiful.
Quote by Tanglewoodguit
Is this a blog? You don't ask anything or say anything different.

This is a poll.
Quote by korinaflyingv
On the come up we were listening to Grateful Dead and the music started passing through my bowel and out my arsehole as this violet stream of light. I shat music. It was beautiful.
Not sure if I agree with Legalizing drugs.

Yes they are enjoyable, yes people take them. But think about it. If we legalized it, wouldn't drug dealers go out of business if places started stocking say ten grams of cannabis for less than the dealers were.

But it would create jobs, so I guess that's a plus.
Bass Gear:

Mensinger: Speesy
Fender Precision 1989 (CIJ Rosewood)
Fender Steve Harris (CIJ)
Lakland J Sonic 5
Epiphone Explorer
Maruszczyk (custom) Jake

Ashdown CTM 100
Some. Meth is bad, but stuff like marijuana I have no problem with. Why would anyone seriously choose "all or none?"

Even then, many prescribed drugs are just as addictive as illegal ones.
they're coming to take me away
ha-haaa
Quote by Zoot Allures
All drugs should be legal on a civil liberties basis.

This. While I wouldn't do them, who am I to say someone else can't? The act of owning and using drugs in and of it's self is a victimless crime, and this "war on drugs" is a waste of taxpayer dollars around the world.
Esp Ltd M-401 with EMG 60 at the neck 18v Mod
Esp Ltd EC-1000 stbc 18v Mod
MXR M-116 Fullbore Metal \m/
MXR MC-404 CAE Wah
Methamphetamine is legal...just not when it's illegally manufactured. They do rarely prescribe it for extreme cases of obesity and ADHD. It's a schedule II drug, along with cocaine. While most hallucinogens are in schedule I, including marijuana, and generally present no addictive potential or physical harm to the user. The risks for hallucinogens are all psychological. Heroin is also schedule I due to its 'extreme addictive potential', which could also be said for methamphetamine...but our government's ****ing stupid.

It really is a civil rights issue, nonviolent drug offenders should not be given such harsh sentences for possession of small amounts of drugs (small amounts meaning there really isn't enough to sell, so that's open to opinion).
Think For Yourself, Question Authority - Dr. Timothy Leary

Quote by Poopsmith666
[21:09] im so canadian i piss maple syrup and i shit the beavers!

Quote by theyab
[1:01] im 21 years old i know how to jerk off
Quote by Fisheth24
Not sure if I agree with Legalizing drugs.

Yes they are enjoyable, yes people take them. But think about it. If we legalized it, wouldn't drug dealers go out of business if places started stocking say ten grams of cannabis for less than the dealers were.

But it would create jobs, so I guess that's a plus.

Yeah, god forbid the drug cartels go out of business.
Quote by korinaflyingv
Not this thread again...
Quote by the_white_bunny
your just a simpleton that cant understand strategy apparently.

Quote by the_white_bunny
all hail king of the penis sucking(i said balls. you said dick for some reason?) Isabiggles
Quote by Burgery
I know this thread has kind of been done before, but the last one only talks of the legalization of meth. I'm sure many people jumped to "aww heeeeell naw!" when they saw that because meth is derp, and voted accordingly on the poll, myself included, even though I am of the opinion that all drugs should be legalized.

Why ?
You cannot choose the little time you're given in this world. You enter bare and unclothed, provided only with intelligence enough to choose how you spend your time. You always have a choice. Always. Though be warned, your choice can rarely be undone
I'm more or less in favour that all drugs should be legalised, controlled, taxed, regulated and made safe for public consumption. I'd like to think my government is sensible enough to acknowledge that maybe people might actually enjoy getting high once in a while, and might do something to make it safer for people to do so rather than to just stick its fingers in its ears and pretend it's not happening.
Last edited by Kumanji at Nov 10, 2011,
You are now using UG Black.
You are now using UG Classic.

Listening to: The Police

Please excuse my proper spelling and grammar, English is one of my first languages.
Quote by SkepsisMetal

Best laugh I've had all day
I hope it doesn't seem, like I'm young, foolish, and green.
Let me in for a minute, you're not my life but I want you in it

O Dayya, te echaré de menos, siempre

Y siempre
Y para siempre
Quote by SkepsisMetal

I like St. Anger. Ridicule me, daddy
Quote by The_Blode
^ I'm sorry your highness I forgot that I'm subhuman. . .

Quote by ErikLensherr
Normani
Normani
Normies
REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
Quote by Burgery
Yeah, god forbid the drug cartels go out of business.

Bass is my life.
I dont do drugs but they should be legalised because the government shouldnt have the authority to tell people what to do with their bodies, especially since alcohol and tabacoo are legal... Kinda hypocritical. I am aware of their dangers, but to be informed is to be forwarned.
Sat in a lab, curing diseases. They actually LET me play with chemicals!
Quote by rockdude375
Why ?

Meths said it best I think:
Quote by Meths
1)Regulation. Illegal drugs are cut with all kinds of ****. Legalised drugs would be regulated and so wouldn't be full of crap. This makes them much, much safer for use. The impurities in drugs are harmful and cause (extra) damage. Varying levels of concentration are also to blame for lots of OD's.

2)Tax. Speaks for itself. Alcohol and tobacco more than make up in tax revenue what they cost the NHS. Something like ?2 billion a year in cost, ?6 billion a year in tax revenue. There is no reason why illegal drugs would be different.

3)Saves money. The War on Drugs is astronomically expensive and the police can focus time, money and effort on catching real criminals rather than pursuing addicts.

4)There is no reason to believe it will increase the number of users. In the UK when weed was re-classified to C instead of B, the number of users fell from 11% to 8%. In Holland, weed usage fell after its decriminalisation. In Geneva a test program where heroin users were given safe drugs and a place to do it in caused the number of new users to fall by 80%. If you ask someone why they don't do crack it's usually because they don't want to be a crackhead, not because the police might lock them up.

5)Lowers crime. I don't just mean drug possession/dealing. Drug dealing gangs are responsible for huge amounts of crime. Cutting out a major source of their income will cut crime.

6)Drug barons go bust/legit. Drug barons aren't nice people. This would put the money into the hands of CEO's instead. Not a huge improvement I must say but most CEO's aren't quite as bad as drug barons. Either that or drug barons will go legit. Not an ideal solution but still cuts crime.

7)Free up prison space. The UK prison system is dangerously overcrowded and the less said about the size of the US prison system the better. Suffice to say that there will be far more room in prisons when we stop locking people up for having an addiction.

8)Hypocrisy. There is no reason why tobacco and alcohol should be legal and acceptable and other drugs shouldn't be. Far more people are killed by those two. Far more violence is caused by alcohol. Etc etc. It doesn't make sense and tradition is not a reason for anything.

9)Cheaper. If drugs are legal then they'd be cheaper (even when taxed). This would mean that drug addicts wouldn't have to steal (or would have to steal less) to obtain drugs. Lots of crime is caused by this and getting rid of it sounds good.

10)People will be less afraid of getting help for their addictions and will make it easier for people to get into rehab or whatever. As it stands, it's kind of awkward given the illegal status of drugs. It's easier to quit tobacco and alcohol because you can get lots of help from the NHS and lots of other charities. Illegal drugs don't have this.

11)Freedom. Even without the other 10 reasons (which IMO are more than enough to warrant legalisation) I would still advocate legalisation for the very simple reason that it is the not the government's place to tell me what I can do to myself for my own enjoyment. I can slice a razorblade across my arm, why I can't I stick a syringe full of heroin in? It seems ridiculous that there are actually chemicals which are banned. A somewhat backwards view for the 21st century.
Quote by korinaflyingv
Quote by Inbleach
Methamphetamine is legal...just not when it's illegally manufactured. They do rarely prescribe it for extreme cases of obesity and ADHD. It's a schedule II drug, along with cocaine. While most hallucinogens are in schedule I, including marijuana, and generally present no addictive potential or physical harm to the user. The risks for hallucinogens are all psychological. Heroin is also schedule I due to its 'extreme addictive potential', which could also be said for methamphetamine...but our government's ****ing stupid.

It really is a civil rights issue, nonviolent drug offenders should not be given such harsh sentences for possession of small amounts of drugs (small amounts meaning there really isn't enough to sell, so that's open to opinion).

oh boy... uhh marijuana isnt a hallucinogen. their are no psychoactive compounds in marijuana. no amount of marijuana can make you hallucinate.

IMO it all depends on where you think the line should be drawn. If you believe telling people what they can or cant do in a victimless situation violates their civil liberties then thats one position. However if you want to draw the line at good vs bad drugs such as marijuana vs meth, then tobacco should be made illegal. Its not a may its a will cause cancer. If you use tobacco long enough no matter how long your body fights it off you will eventually develop cancerous cells and it will probably kill you.

No other drug guarantees death from long term use. And because their are a certain level of toxins (even though its a low amount) it is technically possible to overdose and die.

Marijuana should be the primary smoking herb, but i doubt i need to elaborate about marijuana to a bunch of musicians

If you want things to be changed do something about it. sign petitions, write letters, make phone calls.
dave matthews might.. just.. be.. god..

Quote by gregs1020
yes, pointing it at your head will send the sound towards your head.

it's the same with guns too, before you go testing that one.
We shouldn't ban people from doing things that are bad for them. It is none of the government's business what a citizen puts into their bodies.
"If God exists, there's no way he is French" - Andrea Pirlo

S A D B O Y S
Quote by uncboy19
However if you want to draw the line at good vs bad drugs such as marijuana vs meth, then tobacco should be made illegal. Its not a may its a will cause cancer. If you use tobacco long enough no matter how long your body fights it off you will eventually develop cancerous cells and it will probably kill you.

No other drug guarantees death from long term use.

This is all wrong.
Quote by korinaflyingv
I love how meth's blog is still being referenced after all these years.

All drugs should be legalized and regulated solely on the fact that having them illegal and enforcing prohibition is a horribly inefficient use of resources and tax payers money if the aim is to minimize harms associated with drug use and even reduce overall drug consumption. Studies indicate that 1) Treatment saves 5 times the cost of prohibition to yield similar results and 2)Changes in drug legislation have not caused a decrease in drug consumption.

It is then obvious that prohibition continues merely as an abuse on freedom of media and consciousness.
Most problems with drugs are related to them being illegal.
Legalize drugs, regulate them, educate people about them, have harsh sentences for people breaking drug laws (under the influence at the workplace, driving, illegal dealing, etc) and the situation will improve.

I'm not particularly into drugs and I think this would be a great idea.

Forza Juve

'e voglia 'e mettere rum, chi nasce strunz' nun po' addiventà babbà
Quote by uncboy19
oh boy... uhh marijuana isnt a hallucinogen. their are no psychoactive compounds in marijuana. no amount of marijuana can make you hallucinate.

sorry buddy but your wrong. and im not against pot either.
Quote by Nelsean
Lil B, the young based god, has the ability to create music so profound, that others around him cannot even comprehend his magnificent verbal progressive nature.

Quote by The_Blode
^ oh hey y'all females...welcome !
Quote by uncboy19

Hallucinogens refers to a broad category of drugs which include psychedelics, dissociatives, and deleriants. Though THC (the most prominent psychoactive compound in cannabis) and it's derivatives are most often classified to a separate classification reserved for cannabinoids, smoking cannabis does produce a mild psychedelic affect. For that reason, cannabis can be considered to be a member of the hallucinogens even though hallucinations related to cannabis use are extremely rare.
Quote by Banjocal
Some. Meth is bad, but stuff like marijuana I have no problem with. Why would anyone seriously choose all?

Because they have the radical idea that people should be allowed to do what they want with their own bodies.
Check out my band Disturbed
decriminalize all, legalize all under certain psychiatric prescriptions/doctor's notes, make the class Cs legal and sold in pharmacies/distributed in bars. not for heroin being sold next to the paracetamol in pharmacies tho

oh, and ban caffeine. that shit kills.

Quote by WhiskeyFace
Dear god, this topic has been done to death.

ALL!

/thread

dude, any stimulating conversation in the pit is always good.
Click here to hear my BOB DYLAN (Blowing in the Wind) out right now May 2k17
Last edited by laid-to-waste at Nov 10, 2011,
Sorrrryy, I''m tooooo highhhh to reeadd thissss threaddddd or vottteee or tyyyyyppppppeee!@~#
everybody who wants to do drugs does them. I've never known anyone who was like "man you know I'd really LOVE to smoke crack. but its illegal so I guess I can't. bummer."
#DTWD
Quote by laid-to-waste

dude, any stimulating conversation in the pit is always good.

Damn straight.
^^The above is a Cryptic Metaphor^^

"To know the truth of history is to realize its ultimate myth and its inevitable ambiguity." Everything is made up and the facts don't matter.

MUSIC THEORY LINK
Quote by uncboy19

Somebody's been getting really ripped off...

Try burning a quarter ounce of the dankest of the dank. You will see how wrong you've been.
Holy shit, another one of these? They're so....repetitive.

Quote by Zoot Allures
All drugs should be legal on a civil liberties basis.

This was the end of this thread.
Today I feel electric grey
I hope tomorrow, neon black
Quote by Ganoosh
This was the end of this thread.

Clearly that wasn't the end of the thread. Are you new to these things? That's fine, you'll get the hang of it.

Plus, drugs should be legal because of the violence and corruption created by the black market emerging from their criminalization. That is the reason. Not theoretical ravings about childish fictions.
Page 1 of 4