I just cant get my fingers around the notes on the G string.

Ibanez RG1550 with Bareknuckle Nailbombs and Mothers Milk
1976 Gibson SG Standard
Peavey 6505
Framus 2x12 (V30s)

keep your neck strap short then work your way down as you get more comfortable (inb4 bj joke)
While I can't play it at that speed as I only saw it 30 seconds ago, I don't find it any harder standing than sitting. Raise your strap so it feels no different to playing sitting down.
ESP Horizon FR II (EMG) / Ibanez Prestige RG1570 (DiMarzio Crunch Lab & LiquiFire pickups)
Quote by jkielq91
Or leave it high as low straps are not as cool as people think.

Not that I'm a huge fan of really low straps, but surely what people think is what's cool? I don't know... this would be easier if I was cool.
ESP Horizon FR II (EMG) / Ibanez Prestige RG1570 (DiMarzio Crunch Lab & LiquiFire pickups)
Read the stickies, you must have bad technique.
as a temporal solutions tilt up the guitar neck.
Quote by Hail
i'm the internet equivalent of ripping the skin off my face and strangling you with it right now

Quote by Steve Albini
Remixing is for talentless pussies who don't know how to tune a drum or point a microphone.
I personally don't like how the fingering is done for that lick, personally I would play the C note on the B string (instead of playing the 17th fret on the G string, you play the 13th fret on the B string.
Quote by zincabopataurio
I personally don't like how the fingering is done for that lick, personally I would play the C note on the B string (instead of playing the 17th fret on the G string, you play the 13th fret on the B string.

That makes perfect sense but it looks like it's a stretchy 3 note per string string skipping exercise..
Quote by zincabopataurio

I'm glad I'm not the only one that thought that.

But to be on topic: Do like they said and adjust your strap to where it feels like your sitting. Looking cool comes later...and yes, I think that about 98% a lower strap looks cool, but looking cool should absolutely never come before playing well.
Am I the only person who prefers/finds it easier to play standing up?
Quote by llBlackenedll

Not at all. I hate sitting while I play.
Quote by jkielq91
I sit in a way where my guitar is in the exact same position when I'm sitting as when I'm standing.

Yeah same, but standing gives you a bit more freedom with the guitar. Plus I occasionally unplug and just wander around :P

Either way, it's really useful to have the guitar in the same position when standing because it means it doesn't matter whether you practice standing or seated - you're going to play it just as well either way.
Quote by llBlackenedll
Yeah same, but standing gives you a bit more freedom with the guitar. Plus I occasionally unplug and just wander around :P

Either way, it's really useful to have the guitar in the same position when standing because it means it doesn't matter whether you practice standing or seated - you're going to play it just as well either way.

I love taking a walk whilst I play. I played a gig last week and had a whole massive open space to myself on stage. I loved it.
Quote by llBlackenedll

No. I can't play sitting down. Don't care to learn either -- who wants to see a guy rock-out whilst sitting in a chair?
Atmospheric dark metal w/ black and death metal influences:
(My Soundcloud page):

Pestilential Flood
I simply do this.

Sit down with your guitar, then adjust your strap so it sits tight. Then stand up, and it will be in the same position.
Fusion and jazz musician, a fan of most music.

Quote by Guthrie Govan
“If you steal from one person it's theft, and if you steal from lots of people it's research”

Quote by Chick Corea
"Only play what you hear. If you don't hear anything, don't play anything."
opposite for me/// i practice in a god damn computer chair so when i stand up to play its awkward for me