Im a big metal player and i like the subgenres of course. so. what are some GOOD bands in drop d, e standard or anything similar not like drop c#, like DGDGBE or something... im looking for metal, metal core, and anything like that. also some rock and stuff, and preferably intermediate, not easy but not hard! no asking alexandria shit or lamb of god, system of a down - the usual ones. some new ones please!
My Rig
Fender Blacktop Strat HH MN > Joyo JF-01 Vintage Overdrive > Boss ME50 > Line 6 Spider IV 30

Other Shit
Jim Deacon Acoustic
Yamaha 12 string acoustic

New Amp Fund
£300/700
The showdown plays alot in drop D, they're metal..

Iron maiden for e standard.
Quote by Pan-Tallica
Quote by jrcsgtpeppers
But theres no reason why i cant be free like a raspberry stuck to the back of a horny elephants ass.

This is maybe the worst comparison in the history of comparisons.
Meshuggah plays in F# standard and Animals as Leaders plays in Drop E, you could try playing them up an octave or something.
Quote by Kevätuhri
Hail isn't too edgy for posts, posts are not edgy enough for Hail.

Quote by UseYourThumb
You win. I'm done here.
Quote by Hail
Meshuggah plays in F# standard and Animals as Leaders plays in Drop E, you could try playing them up an octave or something.

i tried wave of babies, i can do the rythm, not the shredding solo bits though...
My Rig
Fender Blacktop Strat HH MN > Joyo JF-01 Vintage Overdrive > Boss ME50 > Line 6 Spider IV 30

Other Shit
Jim Deacon Acoustic

New Amp Fund
£300/700
megadeth, slayer, pantera, gojira (i know at least flying whales is in D standard), most LoG yeah pretty much just look at older metal bands.
.(....\................/....)
. \....\............. /..../
...\....\.........../..../
....\..../´¯.l.¯`\..../
..../... l....l....(¯ `\
...l......l....l.....\....\
...l......l´¯.l´¯.l \....\
...\......` ¯..¯ ´......|
....\__________./
Quote by bondical
Devil wears Prada if you wanna play metalcore

got them thanks!
My Rig

Other Shit
Jim Deacon Acoustic

New Amp Fund
£300/700
90% of metal bands I listen to are in E or Eb. xDD Judas Priest, Agent Steel, Flotsam and Jetsam, Jag Panzer, earlier Pantera, Savatage, etc, etc...

In the way of newer/deathy bands, I'm pretty sure Vektor uses E Standard, and they kill, Morbid Angel uses Eb(and Bb, but generally it's Eb I'm pretty sure) and Obituary's first album is in E.
Quote by SlayingDragons
Nah, I prefer to tune lower. My tunings usually go into weird Hebrew symbols.
Quote by leigh596
Im a big metal player and i like the subgenres of course. so. what are some GOOD bands in drop d, e standard or anything similar not like drop c#, like DGDGBE or something... im looking for metal, metal core, and anything like that. also some rock and stuff, and preferably intermediate, not easy but not hard! no asking alexandria shit or lamb of god, system of a down - the usual ones. some new ones please!

any thrash metal band, most common before 2000. though, you could play some a7x, as all of their songs are in drop D and fairly easy. another suggestion would be to find some disturbed. finally, you should consider playing some all that remains. if you play their older stuff, you will end up playing D standard (1 step down from E standard, or tuning each string 2 frets down from E standard). just remember to only play the rhythm sections.
Last edited by stonedhippos at Nov 10, 2011,
Strung Out uses D-standard
Refused uses Drop-D
Every Time I Die uses Drop-D
Helloween uses E-standard
Protest the Hero uses E-flat standard
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
2009 Epiphone G-400 (SH-4)
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Krank Rev 4x12 (eminence V12)
GFS Greenie/Digitech Bad Monkey
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate
Quote by Robbgnarly

Protest the Hero uses E-flat standard

I'm not sure if I'd call that "intermediate"

I also think they only used that tuning for a few songs on Fortress. Not positive.
Spin 'round carousel when your horse isn't screwed in.

My band:
Fractured Instinct
(For fans of Death/Groove/Prog Metal)

Ibanez RGA42E
Ibanez S420
LTD H-301
Ibanez RG520
Peavey Predator USA
Douglas Grendel 725
Line 6 Pod HD500X
Take any band and shift the pitch with Audacity, it's a free program and incredibly useful. Slayer is in Eb for example, shift it up a semi-tone and it'll sound like it's played in standard.

And yes, Protest the Hero's entire catalog is in Eb with the exception of a couple of Kezia songs in drop C#
Quote by Kevätuhri
Hail isn't too edgy for posts, posts are not edgy enough for Hail.

Quote by UseYourThumb
You win. I'm done here.
Last edited by Hail at Nov 10, 2011,
Tool plays in drop D... definately cool

kreator in D standard

testament in Eb
Quote by kangaxxter
The only real answer to the SG vs Les Paul debate is to get a Flying V and laugh at all the suckers who don't have one.

Quote by Blompcube

if you embrace inaccurate intonation it can be quite arousing.

I <3 TWEED
Attack Attack. Heaviest band EVAH.

The obligatory 'Seriously, though' list:

It Prevails (Drop B)
Saints Never Surrender
Shai Hulud
Strongarm
Quote by TheClincher
I give you the lolslope
---
--------
--------------
---------------------

Quote by Trowzaa

I love you.

You can search the UG tab archive by tuning and difficulty. Of course, not all songs have the correct tuning listed and difficulty is subjective, but it’s a start.
Shadows Fall (D std or drop C), IIRC older All That Remains (maybe they still do, i haven't listened to them for a long time and haven't heard anything overly new) i dont think Trivium drop tuned on their first album or so (i haven't checked on them for a long time though so i have no idea). i think some children of bodom is in D std. Down (phil anselmo's band with (kirk rex pepper and bower) tunes C# std or Drop B).

i may be wrong on a few of these, so feel free to correct.
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7
alright "king of the guitar forum"

Quote by trashedlostfdup
nope i am "GOD of the guitar forum" i think that fits me better.

Quote by andersondb7
youre just being a jerk man.

****** NEW NEW NEW!
2017-07-07 2017-07-07 Update and a Chat On Noise Constraints *** NEW FRIDAY 7/7
2017-04-13 RUN AWAY from COMPUTERS!!! TCE? RANT ALERT!!!
2017-03-02 - Guitar Philosophy 1001- Be Prepared For the Situation (Thursday 2017-03-02)
2017-02-21 How to Hot-Rod the Hell of your Stratocaster for $50! (Tuesday 2017-2-21)
Resentments and Rambling from a Guitar Junkie
---> http://trashedengineering.blogspot.com/