Hi I'm looking for a new guitar. Budget is 600$-700$. I mainly play thrash and death metal but a nice clean tone would be a bonus. Prefer a Superstrat shape but I'm not too picky about that if it's not too extreme. Thanks for any help!
idk.
You should no matter what others say try out the guitars you like before buying them.
Go to a guitar center or something and plug it into a amp similar to yours to compare the sound.
Having extreme versatility comes down in most part to your amp if you ask me...

That being said, those are really vague specs and there are hundreds of guitars that could fit that description.

Like JB said, go try some and see what you like. It's a lot easier to help you if you know what you do/don't like and what you do/don't want.
???
We need more info. Way too many guitars out there that fit your vague description. Do you have a brand/neck profile preference?
Spin 'round carousel when your horse isn't screwed in.

My band:
Fractured Instinct
(For fans of Death/Groove/Prog Metal)

Ibanez RGA42E
Ibanez S420
LTD H-301
Ibanez RG520
Peavey Predator USA
Douglas Grendel 725
Line 6 Pod HD500X
I'm not partial to any brand really. My current guitar is an old Ibanez EX 170. I prefer relatively thin necks. I'm still kind of unsure if I should go with a tremolo bridge so I guess I'm open to either at this point. I do plan on trying things out, just looking for some suggestions on where to start. Thanks for all the replies, let me know if this is still too vague.
Well Ibanez would be a good place to start then. RGA and S models in particular.

Jackson has slightly thicker/rounder necks than Ibanez. I don't know a whole lot about them though. You'll probably looking at Dinky models, although if you go used I highly recommend checking out some Soloists.

ESP LTD is next in line for neck thickness. Their M models have the thinnest necks, almost all of the other models will have the Thin U neck, which is a bit rounder/thicker than the Xtra Thin U on the M models. MH and H will be the go-to models for that.

After that is Schecter, with arguably the thickest necks on a "metal" guitar. You'll probably be looking at are Hellraiser and ATX C-1 models.

All those brands have a bunch of models with and without trems.
Spin 'round carousel when your horse isn't screwed in.

My band:
Fractured Instinct
(For fans of Death/Groove/Prog Metal)

Ibanez RGA42E
Ibanez S420
LTD H-301
Ibanez RG520
Peavey Predator USA
Douglas Grendel 725
Line 6 Pod HD500X
PRS SE custom 24, PRS SE Torero
2002 PRS CE22