Hi,

I need desperately to replace my ****ty Fame GX15G for a better home practice amp.

Budget – 150€ (max. 200&euro

Genres – Mainly rock. Alternative, garage, grunge, hard rock, indie, punk… I need cleans, some good overdrive but not heavy distortion.
Main references: Led Zeppelin, The Rolling Stones, Creedence Clearwater Revival, The Clash, Radiohead, The Hives, The Strokes, The Pixies, The Clash, Arctic Monkeys, The Smashing Pumpkins, Rolling Stones, The Stooges...

New or Used – New.

Home or Gig – Mainly home.

Sometimes I have to use headphones so, at first, I put away valve amps. I had for some days (borrowed) a VHT Special 6 Combo and the sound was great, but I could not use headphones with it and I decided not to buy one.

I has thinking on getting a Vox Valvetronix VT20+ or maybe a Rodand Cube but I realized that is possible to use headphones with the Bugera V5.

Would the Bugera V5 (or other valve with headphones option) be a better option than a modeling SS amp for the sound I am looking for? I mean, is it better to buy a cheap valve amp or a reasonable SS amp?

Thanks and best regards.
Fender Vibro Champs have tubes and modeling. So its a hybrid, look into them because they are pretty nice.
Quote by JD Close
Piano dick had some good parts, but should have said "As the business man slowly gets boned", would have accented the whole dick feeling of the album
Quote by Most_Triumphant
Fender Vibro Champs have tubes and modeling. So its a hybrid, look into them because they are pretty nice.

I would agree. Though the Bugera V5 allows the use of headphones, it sounds terrible and nothing like the actual amp. If you plan on consistently using headphones, dont get the V5
I have to use headphones at night. Or really low volume.

The Fender Vibro Champ is out of my budget. Can I at least use headphones with it?
Quote by nscampos
I have to use headphones at night. Or really low volume.

The Fender Vibro Champ is out of my budget. Can I at least use headphones with it?

nope, no headphone jack
Quote by JD Close
Piano dick had some good parts, but should have said "As the business man slowly gets boned", would have accented the whole dick feeling of the album
For €200 the Blackstar HT-1 has a headphone out with great cabinet emulation. You can even buy the head version and just run it right into a set of studio monitors with no cabinet.
Would the Blackstar HT-1 handle practice sessions with a drummer, using an external cabinet?
Fender mustang. I am not going to recommend anything else co pared to it.
ich bin indeed ein sprechender panda, how are you?
Music student, Jazz/Classical/Prog
Music Man JP6 BFR, Ibanez S7420, Fender American Standard, Ibanez EW35 acoustic, 6505+
Ok. So, it's better to buy a good (average...) SS/modeling amp instead of a cheapo valve tube amp?
Thanks in advance.