Here is some short piece I did with vocals, probably fitting the more laidback, downtempo style of this music. If you can give me a different genre name, I would be more then pleased, dubstep just does not sound right to me here. Most things here are manipulated samples. I did not use a grid for this song, I mainly worked linear on the drumline to get the rhythm flow right.

http://soundcloud.com/al-milano/everywhere-you-go
In the end, we will remember not the words of our enemies, but the silence of our friends.

Quote by Lord-O-Donuts
Banned for being the coolest April 08'er on UG.

please check out my own album:
almilano.bandcamp.com
This is a very interesting track. I'm not sure I've ever heard anything stylistically similar to this, so having 'Post' as a precursor to whatever genre this actually is definitely fitting. However you're right in saying dubstep doesn't describe this song.

The first part was very trippy and atmospheric but tough to get into beat-wise, and the beat is always going to be a big part of this kind of music. About halfway through the song I thought you really picked it up and made it a lot more 'accessible' for lack of a better word. I liked the second half much more than I did the first.

Even though you were going for that cool, laid-back kind of vibe, I felt the bass could have been deeper and a bit harder hitting, as the song seems a little empty in some places.

That being said, this was a very original sounding song, so major kudos to you for creating something that hasn't been done to death already. The vocals were a cool touch, as well.

Great job, I clicked the good ol follow button