Just bought a squier stagemaster 7 W/ floyd rose(too lazy to do an NGD thread). took the strings off to clean it,and when I put them back on,the bridge was flush with the body,so the tremolo didn't work at all.I got it working again by loosening the tensioner behind the control plate,but I don't think that that's what I should have done,Because the bridge worked just fine with the tensioner the way it was.it plays and whammies,but I'd like it to whammy more than it does(like it did before I cleaned it).the problem Is that I'm a bassplayer and I don't know anything about guitars,and I especially dont know anything about floyd rose bridges,and tremolo bridges in general.so please tell me what to do to fix it.
Give a man a fish and he'll be hungry tomorrow,but put his ass in fishnets and someone will buy him dinner-Gene Simmons
So, you say that the bridge is FLUSH with the body? Flush means that something fits straight, and with a FR this is exactly what you would want. Did you mean to say that part of your bridge is touching the body?
Quote by Jesus
Gaza Strip- home. At least it was before I fucked ereythang up...
Try adjusting the springs.
Epiphone Les Paul Standard Plus
Jackson King V
Jackson Kelly
Handmade Gibson Les Paul
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100/JCM900 1960 Lead cab
I mean that the the bridge was touching the foam underneath it and the tremolo was not working at all because it couldn't move.I adjusted the thing the springs in the back attach to,but the thing is,before I took the strings off,the tension thingy was tightened up all the way,and that tremolo screamed.
Give a man a fish and he'll be hungry tomorrow,but put his ass in fishnets and someone will buy him dinner-Gene Simmons
Okay, so if the back of your bridge (the part facing away from your guitar) is touching the foam and you had your springs tightened all the way before, you need some more springs. I'm guessing you have 3 springs now, and you probably downtuned your guitar. Personally, I use 3 and I use C tuning.

You can just go to a store and ask for Floyd Rose springs, and afterwards you should have more than enough tension to align your bridge properly.

I find that one good piece of advice for messing around with a Floyd is to only mess around with one guitar string at a time unless you absolutely have to have them all off at once. This way, you cut back on a LOT of BS because your other strings will still keep the tension on the springs.
Quote by Jesus
Gaza Strip- home. At least it was before I fucked ereythang up...
Last edited by JimDawson at Nov 10, 2011,
Did you tune it back up?

Mathematically speaking, it's physically impossible that the tension difference would be so great that your bridge would get pulled all the way back when you put the same strings back on with the bridge claw in the same position.
What gauge of strings have you fitted and can I confirm your bridge is now sitting titling all the way back? As in not level.
Missing spring was the problem and it does need a new sdet of strings.I ttok them off completely,so the spring just let go of the bridge.REplacing the spring will fix it.thanks jim dawson
Quote by the wako kid
Missing spring was the problem and it does need a new sdet of strings.I ttok them off completely,so the spring just let go of the bridge.REplacing the spring will fix it.thanks jim dawson

Sounds to me like the bridge fell off and you didn't put it back correctly...?