Hey, im looking at purchasing a new set of pickups to replace the god awful stock Duncan Designed Detonators that came with my Jackson WRXT warrior. Im looking for a bridge pickup that has a heavy low end (but not muddy) and a high end that isn't ear piercingly shrill, and a neck pickup that isn't overly warm but also not overly shrill. I mostly play rock and Metal (AC/DC, Metallica, Anthrax, Megadeth, Dream Theater)
Setup

Jackson WRXT Warrior
Ernie ball Regular Slinky strings
Peavey 6505 112 60W 1X12 Combo tube amp

Any help is greatly appreciated
budget?
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
thanks

when you say that about the bridge pickup do you mean you'd prefer a darker bridge pickup? or just balanced?

I'm guessing you mean pretty balanced for the neck.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
yea, basically a nicely balanced bridge and neck pickup, id say a slight emphasis on the low end for the bridge pickup but nothing muddy
Check out these Dimarzio pickups:

Bridge: Crunch Lab, D-Sonic
Neck: LiquiFire, Air Norton, Breed Neck

I think that the Seymour Duncan Alternative 8 might also be a good option. I typically stay away from Seymour Duncan pups because most seem to have a focus a higher frequencies and I don't like the nasty high end sound either.
Gear:
ESP LTD MH-417
Marshall JVM210H
Marshall 1960A 4x12 Cab
@punker alright but i've already got the crunch lab and liqufier setup in my Ibanez s series and they are sick pickups but they don't quite have the output im looking for but yea i may also look into the d-sonic and maybe d-activators

thanks
SD Distortion/Jazz?
Spin 'round carousel when your horse isn't screwed in.

My band:
Fractured Instinct
(For fans of Death/Groove/Prog Metal)

Ibanez RGA42E
Ibanez S420
LTD H-301
Ibanez RG520
Peavey Predator USA
Douglas Grendel 725
Line 6 Pod HD500X
You might like a DiMarzio Super Distortion in the bridge, and I'd say a Seymour Duncan '59 (a little bassy but great overall tone) or a Pearly Gates in the neck.
Endorsed by Dean Guitars 07-10
2003 Gibson Flying V w/ Moon Inlay
2006 Fender All-American Partscaster
SVK ELP-C500 Custom

1964 Fender Vibro Champ
1989 Peavey VTM60

[thread="1166208"]Gibsons Historic Designs[/thread]
I like the d-activator in my s470 for metal.
Fleet of MiJ Ibanez
Couple of Balls
Peavey & EVH Wolfgangs
Eclipse
Fender HM Strat
Kemper KPA
5150 III 50w & cabs
Quote by Shredder425
yea, basically a nicely balanced bridge and neck pickup, id say a slight emphasis on the low end for the bridge pickup but nothing muddy

ok, thanks.

I'm actually struggling to think of anything from the bigger brands- most of the ones I can think of are either bright or dark.

Paf Pro might work if you don't need too much output (but may be too bright); Norton may work too, but I haven't tried it. EDIT: ah a super distortion might work in the bridge if you're ok with higher output. One of the duncan customs may work, too, but again may be too bright. That's about all I can think of off the top of my head for the bridge pickup.

For the neck, again a paf pro may work (though I'd advise a hotter bridge pickup rather than going for twin paf pros). From duncan... '59 maybe? Might be too warm, though.
Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?