I don't know if I would call them "indie or alternative" but I couldn't really figure out which category they would fall into.

I just picked up the vinyl of the album "Little Joy" by My Disco, and I have to say I haven't been this blown away by an album in a long time. I mean I'm wearing this thing out!

I first heard them earlier this year, I went to see Young Widows on their tour for In and Out of Youth and Lightness, and My Disco was the opening band who I'd never heard of. About 15 minutes after they were done playing I finally cleaned my jaw up off of the floor and since then I couldn't really find much on them until I found an unopened copy of Little Joy at a used record store a couple days ago.

Anyway, I was just curious if anyone else is into these guys and might have some recommendations for me. I'm loving this album and it's just so different, I could use a lot more of this kind of stuff in my collection.

Here's my favorite track off the album for anyone who hasn't heard them and wants to check it out:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qwZ0V30tZmg
I haven't listened to them as much as I would like to, but I really enjoy their first album Cancer. A bit more dissonant than their newer stuff if I remember correctly, but still awesome. I'll have to listen to Little Joy again soon.
I think I saw them supporting Crystal Castles. Oppressive, suffocating atmosphere. It was quite alright
| (• ◡•)| (❍ᴥ❍ʋ