My question is if I upload original songs onto youtube will they be protected or can someone just steal them? I know about ripping off youtube, but under law can someone take my song ideas and words or whatever. I know it's kinda paranoid,but I don't like the idea that someone can steal songs.
Danelectro 1959 reissue

Quote by G.Krizzel
Music is just wiggly air. Accept it or leave it.

Also please visit this thread and help me tab out an album!!!
thread.
If it's your content and someone steals it, you can make a copyright claim and it gets taken down.
Last edited by Gyroscope : Tomorrow at 01:00 PM.
if it sucks, upload it
"The man that hath no music in himself, nor is not moved with concord of sweet sounds, is fit for treasons, stratagems, and spoils. The motions of his spirit are dull as night, and his affections dark as Erebus. Let no such man be trusted."
Well that's what I'm thinking, but to me personally I'd rather not put it up if it potentially can be stolen. To make a copyright claim there isn't anything I have to do before hand, or would I just have to prove after it possibly happens that I made the song first?

I just want the answer to that question. I know that it's unlikely anyone would steal someone's shitty music, but I am just wondering for future reference, because I am going to start recording with my band.
Danelectro 1959 reissue

Quote by G.Krizzel
Music is just wiggly air. Accept it or leave it.

Also please visit this thread and help me tab out an album!!!
thread.
Quote by 801Current
Well that's what I'm thinking, but to me personally I'd rather not put it up if it potentially can be stolen. To make a copyright claim there isn't anything I have to do before hand, or would I just have to prove after it possibly happens that I made the song first?

I just want the answer to that question. I know that it's unlikely anyone would steal someone's shitty music, but I am just wondering for future reference, because I am going to start recording with my band.

I imagine that if you have a bunch of similar videos, Youtube would be able to tell who stole what.
Last edited by Gyroscope : Tomorrow at 01:00 PM.
Youtube doesn't make rulings on the validity of copyrighted material. If you file a DMCA claim, they'll take down the video regardless and allow the parties to sort it out. You need a real copyright claim to have legal ownership of the song/video.

By the way, you're paranoid. Nobody is going to steal your ideas from youtube videos.
Check out my band Disturbed