Page 1 of 2
I am getting bored with my music library, which is rare. I am wondering if anyone knows any good bands to check out. ere's what I currently listen to, in order of favorites to "still awesome but not as good".

-Dream Theater
-Sum 41
-Blink 182
-Red Hot Chili Peppers
-*Protest the Hero
-*Cynic
-Incubus
-*Red Fang
-Green Day
-Queens of the Stone Age
-Angels & Airwaves
-Rise Against
-*Exivious
-+44
-Box Car Racer

I can't stand country, heavy metal, screamo, or rap

* -recently added based on this thread.
Last edited by gateway01 at Jan 4, 2012,
Quote by jetfuel495
Get The '59 Sound by The Gaslight Anthem.

Yes So good! I was gonna say Animals as leaders or Bouncing souls
If you want something different, but unrelated to your interests (hey, you said you were bored...), check out these guys called Television. Punk rock guitar legends...sounds like an oxymoron, but trust me, they're brilliant. Look up the album "Marquee Moon". You gotta have a tolerance for some ****ed-up singing, though...
The Gaslight Anthem - Very much like Blink 182, like it.
Bouncing Souls - not so sure I like it. Early punk just bothers me.
Animals as Leaders - exactly what I was looking for. not necessarily heavy metal, more progressive. very similar to Dream Theater.
Television - again, the early punk thing.

The ONLY early punk music I like is The Clash and The Ramones. And that's only to an extent.
Coheed and Cambria
Scale the Summit
The Dear Hunter
City & Colour
Exivious
The metric system, bro, the metric system.
Quote by TheIrishPatriot
Have sex to Colors. Warning: You may never feel as epic ever again.
porcupine tree, maybe symphony x, you might like Russell Allen's solo album called Atomic Soul.
Them Crooked Vultures.. there's some songs I think you'll like by them like New Fang... Whites Stripes would be good for you, too... Maybe Yellowcard as well...
Quote by jetfuel495
Get The '59 Sound by The Gaslight Anthem.

Yes, that's excactly what I was going to say. I just can't get enough of that album. It may very well be the greatest front to back rock in the last ten years.

Also

Black Rebel Motorcycle Club - Howl
The Black Keys - Rubber Factory
The Hold Steady - Stay Positive
Heartless Bastards - The Mountain
Dawes - North Hills
Cold War Kids - Robbers & Cowards
"Pain or damage don't end the world nor despair, nor fuckin' beatings. The world ends when you're dead, until then you have more punishment in store. Stand it like a man, and give some back."
Quote by Rebel_SunShadow
Them Crooked Vultures.. there's some songs I think you'll like by them like New Fang... Whites Stripes would be good for you, too... Maybe Yellowcard as well...

I know all of those bands already. Them Crooked Vultures is amazing, so is Yellowcard.

Quote by Toadvine
Yes, that's excactly what I was going to say. I just can't get enough of that album. It may very well be the greatest front to back rock in the last ten years.

Also

Black Rebel Motorcycle Club - Howl
The Black Keys - Rubber Factory
The Hold Steady - Stay Positive
Heartless Bastards - The Mountain
Dawes - North Hills
Cold War Kids - Robbers & Cowards

BRMC - Good, I like it.
Black Keys - don't care for them
the Hold Steady - 0_o ...no
Heartless Bastards - it's all ballads, way too boring for my tastes
Dawes - same applies to Heartless Bastards
Cold War Kids - meh. alright, not the best.
Last edited by gateway01 at Nov 17, 2011,
if you like going all out, i would suggest Say Anything. In Defense of the Genre is a damn good album.
Quote by toyboxmonster

This and This and This and This and This.
Quote by toyboxmonster

MV -
SDRE - I've heard of them before. they became Foo Fighters. they're ok.
Carrisa's Weird - That music's wierd.
ATDI - already like them.
Thursday - ok. average.
Quote by gateway01
I am getting bored with my music library, which is rare. I am wondering if anyone knows any good bands to check out. ere's what I currently listen to, in order of favorites to "still awesome but not as good".

-Dream Theater
-Sum 41
-Blink 182
-Red Hot Chili Peppers
-*Cynic
-*Red Fang
-Green Day
-Queens of the Stone Age
-Angels & Airwaves
-*Exivious
-+44
-Box Car Racer

I can't stand country, heavy metal, screamo, or rap

* -recently added based on this thread.

No way how can you ever get bored of such great and diverse music
I'm an asshole.
I skimmed the other answers and did not see this name. "BRIAN JONESTOWN MASSACRE" it took a couple tries for me to get into this band.(actually just one dude... anton).but in all reality, I believe his music will be a gem found sometime in the future and revered for it's brilliance.
if you dig cynic and exivious, i would also recommend some allan holdsworth.
the albums 'metal fatigue' and 'road games' are incredibly good if you like prog/fusion kind of stuff
My Bloody Valentine - Loveless
Gear:

Gibson Les Paul Vintage Mahogany

Epiphone Les Paul Goldtop with Seymour Duncan Alnico II's

Seagull 25th anniversary Mahogany Edition

Crate GT65

Digitech Metal Master

Dunlop Original Crybaby Wah
Kaspian!!, Stone Temple Pilots, Day's of the New, Bush, Grand Funk Railroad(outside looking in). Those are some bands I like.
Already like Incubus and Bush, hate GFR, BJM and Lowercase didn't do much for me, Allan Holdsworth was relatively boring.

Oh, I forgot to add Incubus to the list!
Rage (Not RATM) have probably one of the best combinations of melody, heavyness and guitarists (Victor Smolski). Try anything from Unity, Strings To a Web or Soundchaser.
Page 1 of 2