You guys think Lossless audio is gonna take over the MP3 soon? With computers getting pretty high in terms of HD space I don't see why not. Most of my music is FLAC right now.

Anybody have an opinion on this?
I wish.
What's next? Apple bends space and time to make Ipods capable of taking 1/4"jacks
Breakfast, Breakfast, it's great for us
We eat, we eat, we eat
That frozen meat
Oh boy, oh boy, oh boy, it can't be beat
Probably. Hard drives will continue to get smaller in size and larger in capacity, plus people will always want to listen to music at the best possible bitrate.
Last edited by So-Cal at Nov 10, 2011,
I'm pretty sure it's the way of the future. CD's are on the decline. Anyone who wants good quality digital music (and that's not an oxymoron) will probably be happy to get a lossless format.
Also, a lot of musicians are not happy with MP3's for a number of reasons, quality being one of them. There might be some new formats in the near future.

Having said that, I don't think most people care too much about quality, as long as it's reasonable. I don't see lossless music completely replacing MP3, but I imagine some artists who care about this sort of thing will release records in lossless formats in the near future.
I don't think so. Lossless will always have its niche, though, but it won't overtake files that are considerably smaller with a relatively small difference most people don't notice.
Music in MP3 form is like a burrito with a burnt pancake instead of a tortilla. I hope lossless becomes the standard, and the hardware side of things adapts to take full advantage of the change.
It would certainly be nice if it did but there's a couple disadvantages such as hard drive space (hard drive prices doubled because of the floods in Thailand), internet speed or bandwidth caps and transcoded "FLAC" files.
Quote by guitaristren
It would certainly be nice if it did but there's a couple disadvantages such as hard drive space (hard drive prices doubled because of the floods in Thailand), internet speed or bandwidth caps and transcoded "FLAC" files.

And they could be sold and stored in disc form! **** yeah, return of the CD!