I don't really understand what is going on right now. I'm obviously on the internet since I'm making this post. But I can't log on to league of legends, and my xbox live won't connect. I can stream videos, espn3, youtube, etc. Load random web pages and stuff like that, but it's like I can't log on to anything doing with video games. I really don't understand how this can be happening. Anyone know what might be going on?
Quote by Snuffles
You are an absolute god, offspring_punk

Quote by drop-dead666
You're a retard, read Scourges posts. There is already a system folder, why do I need a system32.
Same things kinda happens to me. Xbox live wont connect.

Only thing I do to solve the problem is unplug my router for 30 seconds, plug it back in, wait another 30 seconds and try to connect again. Sometimes it takes a few tries but it works eventually.

So, if you have a wireless router, you might want to try that. (if you haven't already)
Check your router settings. Its security settings might be blocking them.
Epiphone Les Paul Standard Plus
Jackson King V
Jackson Kelly
Handmade Gibson Les Paul
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100/JCM900 1960 Lead cab
Router... ports... open... ?????????

/vague answer I'm not sure about
Quote by devourke
I love you bro. I'd totally turn gay for you after that.

November 13th, 2011. Nodincap.

LoL: Kublai Dong

MC: StealthTurtle
Twitter
Last.fm
Maybe the ports are blocked? Typical internet only needs TCP protocol which is usually on port 80, while xbox live needs port 88 (UDP), port 3074 (UDP and TCP), port 53 (UDP and TCP), and port 80 (TCP) to work. (Copypasta'd from here. )

So just check and edit your router/modem/whatnot settings to make sure all the right ports are being forwarded.
I'm just confused because it was working perfectly fine earlier, and now it's not. I don't understand how I can do some things on the net and not others. I can't reset it right now because it's in my roommates room and they're asleep.
Quote by Snuffles

Quote by drop-dead666
You're a retard, read Scourges posts. There is already a system folder, why do I need a system32.
Maybe your Xbox live account got or is in the process of getting hacked. That is what happened to me and it sucked. Didn't get my account back for two weeks, but I was given a month of gold extra for my incoveniences.
I've reset the router and it's still doing it. I honestly am clueless. This makes NO sense at all.
Quote by Snuffles

Quote by drop-dead666
Quote by SlayingDragons
Maybe the ports are blocked? Typical internet only needs TCP protocol which is usually on port 80, while xbox live needs port 88 (UDP), port 3074 (UDP and TCP), port 53 (UDP and TCP), and port 80 (TCP) to work. (Copypasta'd from here. )

So just check and edit your router/modem/whatnot settings to make sure all the right ports are being forwarded.

This.

And I've also heard your NAT settings need to be set to open on the Xbox, but I don't know if that option is still available.
It's not a port problem. NAT problems usually give you limited access, but don't keep it from connecting completely, and it was working before.

It's probably just a problem with Live.
Last edited by Gyroscope : Tomorrow at 01:00 PM.
Quote by Gyroscope
It's not a port problem. NAT problems usually give you limited access, but don't keep it from connecting completely, and it was working before.

It's probably just a problem with Live.

It's not just my Xbox. I can't connect to play League of Legends and Steam seems to not be working either. I could get on the Playstation Network though. Everything else is working perfectly fine. It's honestly mind boggling. Only certain things aren't working.
Quote by Snuffles

Quote by drop-dead666
Quote by offspring_punk
It's not just my Xbox. I can't connect to play League of Legends and Steam seems to not be working either. I could get on the Playstation Network though. Everything else is working perfectly fine. It's honestly mind boggling. Only certain things aren't working.

Probably because of Skyrim's release.

https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showpost.php?p=28508556&postcount=21766
Last edited by Gyroscope : Tomorrow at 01:00 PM.
Quote by W4RP1G
This.

And I've also heard your NAT settings need to be set to open on the Xbox, but I don't know if that option is still available.

You can have closed NAT and still connect to Xbox Live, you'll just be real antisocial and not be able to talk or play with half the people on Xbox Live.
If we're on about internet problems, why does mine insist on going 'local only' randomly for a few hours
dirtbag ballet by the bins down the alley
as i walk through the chalet of the shadow of death
everything that you've come to expect

Phone up your ISP and ask if they have changed anything their end. Virgin Media over here managed to block LoL before by accidentally blocking it's access port at their servers.
Was Steam not hacked last night?
Quote by element4433
What if the way their wieners were positioned they could only pee into each other's mouths?

And one had his finger joined to the other's butthole?

PLAY
UG
MINECRAFT

Or don't. Yeah don't.
Quote by Laird95
Was Steam not hacked last night?

Yea, I heard that they stole the credit card details of everyone who tried to log on.
You who build these altars now

To sacrifice these children
You must not do it anymore
Perhaps those servers are down, might not be anything on your side that's the problem.