Poll: Do you support Euthanasia?
Poll Options
View poll results: Do you support Euthanasia?
Yeah, people should be allowed to die.
159 92%
No, i'm pro life.
13 8%
Voters: 172.
Page 1 of 2
What are your thoughts on this tricky subject?

should assisted suicide be legal, especially when existence itself has become a cruel burden?

or is it a path for cowards and a desecration of life?
Really tough issue for me. On one hand I support the right of people to choose to end their own lives. What kind of autonomy do you really have if you can't do that? On the other hand, you can bet that legalizing it would create an assisted suicide industry and I find that absolutely terrifying.
Check out my band Disturbed
I don't agree with it.

Also there should have been a poll.
"You're not hardcore unless you live hardcore"
Should definitively be legal. Some people have lived years with pains and unbearable limitations and cannot kill themselves, and I think that everyone should be able to decide over their own existence if anything.
Definitely legal, but not in private enterprise.

EDIT: And lol at the bias in the OP + poll.
Yes, but it's not something that medical personnel should take lightly or on the spur of the moment.
For. It's a mercy we grant animals ffs.
Quote by jakesmellspoo
ooh look at me i'm ERIKLENSHERR and i work at fancy pants desk jobs and wear ties and ply barely legal girls with weed and booze i'm such a classy motherfucker.
Voluntary, yes.
Quote by beadhangingOne
What happened to Snake?

Snake?

Snake?

SNAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAKE?!

Quote by TunerAddict
you can take my mouse and keyboard from my cold, slightly orange from cheetos, dead fingers

Quote by Baby Joel
Isis is amazing
When viewed simply within the context of Medicine, yes. "first do no harm"...and in the context where this would be applied, it's possible that pain and suffering could be needlessly prolonged, which is the opposite of what medicine seeks to do.
I'm for it in extenuating circumstances. If it's an old guy with prostate cancer and he wants to die, By all means let him. BUt some wrist cutting piece of shit kid? Nah.

edit: Who66 said it much better than I did.
My sig? Nice.
Last edited by BurningTurkey at Nov 11, 2011,
Quote by BurningTurkey
I'm for it in extenuating circumstances. If it's an old guy with prostate cancer and he wants to die, By all means let him. BUt some wrist cutting piece of shit kid? Nah.

edit: Who66 said it much better than I did.

I don't think it would be up to the kid anyway. If anything, it would be up to the parents who would obviously(hopefully) not euthanize their child.
Quote by BurningTurkey

Funny, you sound like the "piece of shit" here.
Quote by due 07
Funny, you sound like the "piece of shit" here.

That hurts man.
I just mean that you shouldn't be able to die just because you WANT to die.
My sig? Nice.
Quote by BurningTurkey
That hurts man.

Why not? Not that suicidal people just decide on a whim, "Hmm, maybe I'll kill myself today. " but I'm just curious as to why you can't die if you want to.
Last edited by due 07 at Nov 11, 2011,
Quote by due 07
Why not?

This.

Why is that any of your business at all?
Quote by Who66
When viewed simply within the context of Medicine, yes. "first do no harm"...and in the context where this would be applied, it's possible that pain and suffering could be needlessly prolonged, which is the opposite of what medicine seeks to do.

hhhhmmmmm......i agree with this
If you do something right, no one will know you've done anything at all

Proud to be called Best Friends with Pastafarian96
i support it, and i also support the fact that it's illegal. there's ways doctors can make it subtle enough to slide the system easily. i'd hate for there to be 'free euthanasia when you kill 2 other family members' websites and 'euthanasist m.d.' titles
Click here to hear my BOB DYLAN (Blowing in the Wind) out right now May 2k17
Yup. Why let people slowly die if they don't want to?

However, as outlined above, an industry in the thing would be a bit creepy. Just allowing doctors to give a lethal dose of morphine would be a start.

Quote by BurningTurkey
That hurts man.

You should go to a cancer ward sometime. You'd change your mind pretty quickly.
Quote by EndTheRapture51
who pays five hundred fucking dollars for a burger
Last edited by Banjocal at Nov 11, 2011,
I agree with it for certain cases, particularly if someone has a terminal illness that involves a lot of pain or will, sooner or later, involve the losing of one's mental faculties.

Read up on what Terry Pratchett has to say about it, particularly his 'Dimbleby lecture' it's very interesting.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/society/2010/feb/02/terry-pratchett-assisted-suicide-tribunal
I meant to add this earlier, but I make my decision on this matter by thinking primarily through personal situations. If I were to become injured to the point of mental incapacity/braindead/"vegetation", I want my wife to have the ability to choose life in the same state or death for me, whichever is easier for her. I think that it is her right, and I would gladly give her that choice.

My God, it's full of stars!
Quote by StewieSwan
Really tough issue for me. On one hand I support the right of people to choose to end their own lives. What kind of autonomy do you really have if you can't do that? On the other hand, you can bet that legalizing it would create an assisted suicide industry and I find that absolutely terrifying.

It's legal here in the netherlands, and there is no 'industry' whatsoever, because there are very strict rules around euthanasia.

I am very much in favor of this.
You who build these altars now

To sacrifice these children
You must not do it anymore
Quote by SlackerBabbath
I agree with it for certain cases, particularly if someone has a terminal illness that involves a lot of pain or will, sooner or later, involve the losing of one's mental faculties.

Read up on what Terry Pratchett has to say about it, particularly his 'Dimbleby lecture' it's very interesting.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/society/2010/feb/02/terry-pratchett-assisted-suicide-tribunal

or, conversely, if an illness spares cognitive faculties but little else, as with ALS.
Quote by the bartender
It's legal here in the netherlands, and there is no 'industry' whatsoever, because there are very strict rules around euthanasia.

I am very much in favor of this.

Yeah, well I live in the USA. 'Nuff said.
People will then be able to choose an end over a painful anticipation of it. However, the one paying for it might start to want the person to do this. The one doing the deed might be morally and/or religiously against this. The person might not make the best of choices in deep pain and/or druggen on sedatives.
Quote by StewieSwan
Yeah, well I live in the USA. 'Nuff said.

hmm.. Yea, seems like you've got a point there.
You who build these altars now

To sacrifice these children
You must not do it anymore
I think it should be allowed
Quote by lambofgod127
btw im in hs and im almost 18 so if u do think she was flirting with me dont say that its wrong im almost a grown man.

༼ ▀̿Ĺ̯▀̿ ̿ ༽ WE ARE ROB ༼ ▀̿Ĺ̯▀̿ ̿ ༽
Quote by due 07
Why not? Not that suicidal people just decide on a whim, "Hmm, maybe I'll kill myself today. " but I'm just curious as to why you can't die if you want to.

Sometimes people aren't right in the head when they make this decision. Drugs, booze, wrong meds, dating drew barrymore, etc...

I think terminal people should have the option.

It's already being kind of done anyway. When people are really sick they stop giving them food and only give water to aleviate dry lips, unless that person can get it themselves. Which they usually can't.

I find this to be euthansia of a sort and legal. But it's cruel in a way also.
Quote by Pagan_Poetry
Sadly this is Ultimate-guitar, not Simple-guitar. We can't help you.

Stupid poll is stupid. Just because you don't support Euthanasia doesn't mean 'You're pro life'. I don't support it but I believe people have the right to end their own life.
ggg1 ggg3

Depends.
If you are terminal and going to die in agony over the next 6 months (or any time frame), then hell yeah.

If there is NOTHING physically or medically wrong with you. NO. Boredom doesn't qualify.

If you just cost your company's shareholders $853 Million. NO
I'm for, for sure. Definitely.
Quote by slash_GNR666
You sir, are a giant c*** and you finger will forever haunt my dreams.

Quote by Kind, Non-Existant User
Coco-Loco is the finest bit of meat on the butcher block.
I support any kind of killing.
Quote by Gabel
You are EXTREMELY WRONG! I have played it. I own an 18W and it would be an awful stereo amp, it's way too bright, breaks up too easily and so on. Secondly, why would a guitar store sell an hifi amp.
Page 1 of 2