i am confused between blackouts ahb1 and ahb3...opinions on which one to go for
also are there better pups out there than blackouts? for 6 strings i dont care whether they are actives or passives as long as they sound great,something kickass for metal with great cleans(please dont recommend me emg 81/85's)
Gear:
Peavey 6505 120W Head
Ibanez Rga32 (FOR SALE)
Laney Lv412a Cab(FOR SALE)
Soon To Get::
Boss DD20
Morley Bad Horsie II
Last edited by deepsal at Nov 11, 2011,
Try Invader SH-8s, passive and great for metal (from what i've heard on reviews, never played them myself, and metal isn't my style)
the ahb-3s are fine tuned to be used in low tunings. if you don't go drop b or lower than the ahb-1 would work better for you. can we get some tones you like and a budget? it'll help us help you
my stuff:
schecter c-1+
ibanez rg3exfm1
schecter avenger 7-string with emgs
esp/ltd mh-50
peavey 6505+ 112 combo
tc electronic polytune
way huge green rhino
mxr micro flange
mxr smart gate
dunlop crybaby
budget 250-300
i play drop c usually and i like bands like periphery,all that remains,bullet for my valentine,kill switch engage,asking alexendria etc
and i know bareknucle warpigs are better but sadly they are out of my budget ;(
Gear:
Peavey 6505 120W Head
Ibanez Rga32 (FOR SALE)
Laney Lv412a Cab(FOR SALE)
Soon To Get::
Boss DD20
Morley Bad Horsie II
Quote by deepsal
(please dont recommend me emg 81/85's)

Why not? What do you not like about them? You do of course realise the blackouts were designed to be EMG competitors, and subsequently share a very similar overall tonal quality (though in my opinion, are inferior to the EMGs).

What guitar are you planning to put said pickups in?

Quote by Cal808
Try Invader SH-8s, passive and great for metal (from what i've heard on reviews, never played them myself, and metal isn't my style)

Not a bad reccomendation, though I find the SH15s to work a bit better all-round.

Quote by david-vbhc
Bareknuckle all the way.

No. Just no. Overpriced, overhypded garbage.
Quote by deepsal
budget 250-300
i play drop c usually and i like bands like periphery,all that remains,bullet for my valentine,kill switch engage,asking alexendria etc
and i know bareknucle warpigs are better but sadly they are out of my budget ;(

last time i checked you can get bareknuckles for that price. let me do some research...
ok so that particular set is actually like 50 bucks out of your budget but if you really want them i'd say wait till you can afford them
my stuff:
schecter c-1+
ibanez rg3exfm1
esp/ltd mh-50
peavey 6505+ 112 combo
tc electronic polytune
way huge green rhino
mxr micro flange
mxr smart gate
dunlop crybaby
Last edited by Goodtimes666 at Nov 11, 2011,
Quote by Kikuta

No. Just no. Overpriced, overhypded garbage.

lol someone has never experienced bareknuckles
my stuff:
schecter c-1+
ibanez rg3exfm1
esp/ltd mh-50
peavey 6505+ 112 combo
tc electronic polytune
way huge green rhino
mxr micro flange
mxr smart gate
dunlop crybaby
Quote by Goodtimes666
lol someone has never experienced bareknuckles

I certainly haven't experienced the ultra-magical tone-mending orgasm-magnets that everyone on this forum seems to crap on about. Whatever the two sets I've used were, they were complete shit.
Quote by Kikuta
I certainly haven't experienced the ultra-magical tone-mending orgasm-magnets that everyone on this forum seems to crap on about. Whatever the two sets I've used were, they were complete shit.

they were probably fakes, it wouldn't surprise me if there were hundreds of fakes out there
my stuff:
schecter c-1+
ibanez rg3exfm1
esp/ltd mh-50
peavey 6505+ 112 combo
tc electronic polytune
way huge green rhino
mxr micro flange
mxr smart gate
dunlop crybaby
Quote by Goodtimes666
they were probably fakes, it wouldn't surprise me if there were hundreds of fakes out there

See the other thread, ordered them from their website. Really, really not my cup of tea in the slightest.
Quote by Kikuta
Really, really not my cup of tea in the slightest.

So if it's not your cup of tea it's garbage?

Personally I find EMGs to be overpriced and overhyped pieces of trash. Blackouts are less compressed and have better dynamics, since they were designed to shit all over EMGs.
Quote by Blompcube
it's so cool to hate Gibson, even the federal Department of Justice hates them.

( )( )
( . .) This is Bunny. Copy and paste Bunny into your
C('')('') signature to help him gain world domination.

Took these from their website on how they compair them.
Hope it helps, EMG X's do sound good, a lot of people prefer those to blackouts.
To each his own I suppose though.
ಠ_ಠ
- Yes, My name is actually Terran -
- Not just a Starcraft fan -

Terran > Zerg and Protoss
Abh3 have mick thompsons name on them somewhere thats what sets them apart from the abh1's

I looked into this and i ended up buying the abh1's snice the others are more expensive and basically have about no diferences between the three, the three being the abh1's, abh2's(metal), and the abh3. IMO there is no real difference that would rationalize the extra cost of the abh2 and 3's.

emg's no.
-Peavey 6505+
-Bugera 333xl(w/6l6 pt's) -dead
-412 X-pattern loaded w/ WGS veteran30s & HM75s
-Gibson Les Paul, SD Blackouts *being worked on back to stock*
-Jackson DR7, EMGs
-LTD MH417
-Peavey Vyper 75w