I've been browsing the websites of all the stores that sell TVs, and I've noticed that you can get a 1080p HD tv with USB, HDMI, blahblahblah, that only has a 50hz refresh rate. What the hell is going on? There are a ton of these TVs, that would be incapable of playing most console games, and that 50hz is just shit anyway. I've got an absolute dinosaur CRT that does 60hz. Why is this happening?
you're probably just not good at shopping for TVs.
There's no such thing; there never was. Where I am going you cannot follow me now.
No. The things people can currently make will blow your mind. The newest released phones/ consoles etc is not where technology is currently at. But they're not gunna make the best thing they possibly can with all the best technology because it'll make it a lot harder for them to make a better follow up product. So they're milking the technology instead of putting all their eggs in one basket.

3D TV's for example. 3D stuff has been around for years. And they've only just brought out 3D TV's? The technology has been there for so long, it's just waiting for the right time to use it, to make the most money from it.
Last edited by WholeLottaIzzy at Nov 11, 2011,

What you are looking at TS are called Microwaves
Quote by lambofgod127
btw im in hs and im almost 18 so if u do think she was flirting with me dont say that its wrong im almost a grown man.

༼ ▀̿Ĺ̯▀̿ ̿ ༽ WE ARE ROB ༼ ▀̿Ĺ̯▀̿ ̿ ༽
Quote by WholeLottaIzzy
No. The things people can currently make will blow your mind. The newest released phones/ consoles etc is not where technology is currently at. But they're not gunna make the best thing they possibly can with all the best technology because it'll make it a lot harder for them to make a better follow up product, therefore making more money.

Did... did you even read the OP? If my dinosaur TV can do 60hz, then they should be making their LCDs do the same.
Quote by reidhasguitar
Did... did you even read the OP? If my dinosaur TV can do 60hz, then they should be making their LCDs do the same.

No. No I didn't.
Not everyone plays video games.
Shocking, I know.
There's a good chance that what I've written above is useless and if you take any of the advice it's your own fault.

This is news to me.
Breakfast, Breakfast, it's great for us
We eat, we eat, we eat
That frozen meat
Oh boy, oh boy, oh boy, it can't be beat
Quote by reidhasguitar
You can set it to 50hz, but most games wont run on it, basically turning your Xbox into a loud as fuck DVD player. That gives shitty results.

Dont own an Xbox so wouldnt know.. But it does suck when something doesnt work with other tech like its supposed to.
Sat in a lab, curing diseases. They actually LET me play with chemicals!
Quote by Guitardude19
Dont own an Xbox so wouldnt know.. But it does suck when something doesnt work with other tech like its supposed to.

I tried playing Hitman on PS2 with 50hz, and it was jittery blurry shit.

EDIT: I read the thread you posted, once you're in HD, you can't change the refresh rate, which would defeat the purpose of buying an HDTV.

*sigh* looks like I'll be playing Skyrim in SD...
Last edited by reidhasguitar at Nov 11, 2011,
Quote by reidhasguitar

EDIT: I read the thread you posted, once you're in HD, you can't change the refresh rate, which would defeat the purpose of buying an HDTV.

Holy shit, if there was ever a bigger case of white whine...
pinga
Quote by Cb4rabid
Holy shit, if there was ever a bigger case of white whine...

I was trying to think of a way to describe TS, and this is it.
Quote by reidhasguitar

Life is tough.
What do you expect? You're looking at shit websites. A 32 inch LCD TV for $639? 22 inches for $499? Anyone who pays that much for a TV is a dumbass. Anyone who buys something like a TV from one of those shifty ass websites is a dumbass

I didn't even know that 50 hz in TVs existed before now.
There's no death, no end of time when I'm facing it with you...