Alright so I've been playing an Ashton D35NT for a few years now, it cost me £60 new.

In all honesty I don't like the loud, bassy dreadnought sound it produces so I'm looking for something a little bit smaller and lighter in sound. I thought the best thing to do would be to visit my local guitar shop and have a look, I tried the T Big Baby and really like that sort of sounding but I couldn't find anything else like it in the shop. I've read/heard about the Little Martin and a few others (Laguna LD1, Breedlove Passport) that are small and sound nice. But do you guys know if they're as good as the Baby to play or of any that I may be missing out on, or should I just go out and get the Taylor?

Cliffs:
Want a new guitar
Nothing too big/loud - I prefer lighter sound guitars
Tried Taylor Big Baby - Love it
Are there any others I should check out first?

THANKS
Last edited by Keith0 at Nov 18, 2011,
if you love the big baby, why not buy it? it's got a fairly unique voice, and it's well made. i have an ld-1, and while it's nice for a 3/4 dread, i don't know of a 3/4 dread that sounds as good as the big baby, which makes sense since the big baby is a larger guitar - it claims to be a slightly scaled down dread. btw, the taylor baby and big baby are also totally different instruments. to my ear the big baby kicks the baby's ass, sonically speaking.
Quote by Skeet UK
I just looked in my Oxford English Dictionary and under "Acoustic Guitar", there was your Avatar and an email address!
that mini jumbo is not actually mini, you know - it's mini for a jumbo. the lower bout is as big as a dread and it's deeper than a dread. definitely not a small guitar. specs here
http://www.seagullguitars.com/specs.htm
Quote by Skeet UK
I just looked in my Oxford English Dictionary and under "Acoustic Guitar", there was your Avatar and an email address!
There are quite a lot, actually; many makers list these as "folk" guitars. As long as you're looking at Taylors, check out the GS Mini... I love mine.
Look for a OOO style guitar?
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
2009 Epiphone G-400 (SH-4)
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Krank Rev 4x12 (eminence V12)
GFS Greenie/Digitech Bad Monkey
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate
Quote by patticake
if you love the big baby, why not buy it? it's got a fairly unique voice, and it's well made. i have an ld-1, and while it's nice for a 3/4 dread, i don't know of a 3/4 dread that sounds as good as the big baby, which makes sense since the big baby is a larger guitar - it claims to be a slightly scaled down dread. btw, the taylor baby and big baby are also totally different instruments. to my ear the big baby kicks the baby's ass, sonically speaking.

Yeah I know the BB is different from the Baby. :p I also had a look at the GS Mini, what are your thoughts on that, say vs the BB?
i think the gs mini and the big baby are both pretty good. if it were me, i'd go for the gs mini. it sounds good, and i like the feel and shape - to my ear, it sounds as good as the big baby but is more comfortable. don't get me wrong - they don't sound like each other, but both sound good.

btw, tried a used all solid seagull folk yesterday, and it impressed me. i don't actually care for the solid top seagull folk, so it was a surprise.
Quote by Skeet UK