Page 3 of 8
Quote by jakesmellspoo
Private Eye is pretty cool. Alkaline Trio has a lot of catchy songs. Armageddon was one of the first songs I ever liked when I started getting into music

Lemme guess, heard it while playing THPS??
ლ(́◉◞౪◟◉‵ლ
no! Tony Hawk's Underground. a.k.a. - the last good Tony Hawk Game.

i give it credit for kick starting my interest in punk music.
mugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmug
Bad Religion
The Bouncing Souls
Cancer Bats
Face to Face
Agnostic Front
Black Flag
Bad Brains
Dead Kennedys
Pennywise
Leatherface...

All of those are up there, but my hands down fave is Social Distortion.
Petey D

Ankle Burner & World Class Sauce Jockey

Sparrow Big Daddy Ace

Sparrow Ratrod Boss

Johnson JT50 Mirage
Quote by jakesmellspoo

Me too. And lot's of people. It's the Green Day of video games.
*-)
Quote by Bob_Sacamano
i kinda wish we all had a penis and vagina instead of buttholes

i mean no offense to buttholes and poop or anything

Rest in Peace, Troy Davis and Trayvon Martin and Jordan Davis and Eric Garner and Mike Brown
Quote by Petey D
All of those are up there, but my hands down fave is Social Distortion.

Lemme guess, heard them while playing THPS??
ლ(́◉◞౪◟◉‵ლ
THUG2 sucked mainly due to the fact that it had way too much Bam. no Bam at all is preferable.

THAW sucked mainly due to the fact that it had THE worst covers of punk songs I've ever heard.

Senses Fail - Institutionalized
Taking Back Sunday - Suburban Home/I Like Food
MCR - Astro Zombies
Dropkick Murphys - Who Is Who
Fallout Boy - Start Today (****ing insulting)
mugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmug
yeah, same, i played all of them up to Project 8 cause i liked to pretend i could skate.

it's true i don't like a lot of those songs on principle. the TBS song wasn't terrible and i actually left it on for the game's playlist, but I stand by my opinion that the Senses Fail cover was awful, the MCR cover was awful, and the FOB cover was awful. I don't hate the Dropkicks Murphys per se, but I think they're mediocre and therefore the cover is mediocre.

The funny thing about TSOL's Wash Away being covered by Alkaline Trio is that they executed the song a lot better IMO. I like TSOL, but Beneath the Shadows is one of the sloppiest punk records I've ever listened to.
Quote by jakesmellspoo
THUG2 sucked mainly due to the fact that it had way too much Bam. no Bam at all is preferable.

THAW sucked mainly due to the fact that it had THE worst covers of punk songs I've ever heard.

Senses Fail - Institutionalized
Taking Back Sunday - Suburban Home/I Like Food
MCR - Astro Zombies
Dropkick Murphys - Who Is Who
Fallout Boy - Start Today (****ing insulting)

THAW did have some awful covers, but that game got me interested in punk and music in general regardless and I went and checked out the real bands.
I'm the same as I was when I was six years old
And oh my god I feel so damn old
I don't really feel anything
This is bringing back memories, I haven't skated in at least a year, and that was only like a month before I broke my wrist in football, so I haven't skated for more than a month in probably 2 years. But this friday I'm gonna go attempt to skate with one of my friends, then we have to go beat the shit out of some guy.
you're a stone fox
I wish I could skate, but I'll just stick to longboarding. I'm too tall to skate anyway.
I also wish i could skate, but i realized at age 15 that i sucked when my friends shamed me into trying to drop in by calling me a pussy.

I fell all 3 times i tried and slammed my knees into the concrete, said "**** this" and sold my board to a friend for weed the next week.
A bro of mine built a half-pipe this summer. Incidentally, around that same time I found out some people just aren't born to sk8.
I'm probably one of those people, I don't like falling whatsoever, I can take a punch, pinching, slapping, getting shot with airsoft/paintball, etc. But falling is a no go.
you're a stone fox

Also, my hobbies are boring too, I don't get punched and shot every day, just on occasion.
you're a stone fox
Quote by Saint78
I'm probably one of those people, I don't like falling whatsoever, I can take a punch, pinching, slapping, getting shot with airsoft/paintball, etc. But falling is a no go.

That's another thing about skating, I don't like falling on concrete. I can snowboard, but that's because snow is a lot more appealing to fall on than hard concrete. It's mostly a weird physiological thing for me I guess, because I know you can get severely injured snowboarding just as easily, if not more easily, as skating.
Last edited by StreetLight3989 at Dec 13, 2011,
I skated right over a drain cover and buckled, most painful thing my knee had every encountered. What's worse is a group of rudeboys laughed at me, so I had to man up, get back on it and skate to the train station. But when I skated in Alcatraz I was falling from 60+ feet and landing just fine, even did a couple of tricks off a ramp onto a massive floating dartboard.

The joys of being a kid.
ლ(́◉◞౪◟◉‵ლ
Last edited by InstantAXonHero at Dec 13, 2011,
Quote by jakesmellspoo

Tony Hawk 2, Tony Hawk 3, and NCAA Football 2006 were the two video games that contained music that I now listen to or I listened to for a long time. Especially NCAA 06. First time I ever heard The Clash, Jawbreaker, and the Pixies. Only the second time I ever heard Bad Religion too. Plus, a Guided by Voices song. **** yeah.
Refused, I guess. Or At the Drive In.
nerd it til it Hz.
>Fender Jagstang / Epiphone SG Special / DIY/GFS Partscaster
>SBN Big Daddy Amp Blaster / Boss OS-2 / Line 6 DL-4 / DIY guitarpcb.com D'Lay
>Vox AC15C1 / Marshall 4x12
NCAA Football 2006 had a hella good soundtrack. But I'm forever in debt to the Madden 2005 soundtrack, 'cuz without it I wouldn't have heard "American Idiot."
Last edited by due 07 at Dec 13, 2011,
Quote by due 07
NCAA Football 2006 had a hella good soundtrack. But I'm forever in debt to the Madden 2005 soundtrack, 'cuz without it I wouldn't have heard "American Idiot."

Madden 06 was the first time I ever heard the Foo Fighters.
Quote by iwannabesedated
Madden 06 was the first time I ever heard the Foo Fighters.

I'm sorry to hear that.
I think it was '05 that got me into music in general, it had "Fool the World" by Hazen Street and some Cartel song on it. These became my go to bands for like a year.
you're a stone fox
not sure how much they count as punk but lately ive really been into fugazi amazing band
Quote by InstantAXonHero
Lemme guess, heard them while playing THPS??

Nope, sorry. I first heard Social D, back in high school in the 90's, sitting out in the smoking area at luch time one of my buddies had the 'Mommy's Little Monster' cassette cranking out of his car stero. I've been hooked since then.

I did play THPS, but that was years later.

Cheers.
Petey D

Ankle Burner & World Class Sauce Jockey

Sparrow Big Daddy Ace

Sparrow Ratrod Boss

Johnson JT50 Mirage
I've yet to listen to the entire thing, but I definitely like Mommy's Little Monster a hell of a lot more than any other Social D. Everything after that is lame ****ing rockabilly. The way they went about beginning to play that style is garbage too. "Well, the record didn't sell so great as a punk band, so let's reinvent ourselves"

Seriously, Ball & Chain and every other one of their lame rockabilly songs are boring as shit and all sound the same.
I tried really hard to like Social Distortion but just couldn't.

Their self-titled album has one or two songs I like but that's about it.
My friend described Social Distortion as "like the most boring punk band ever", and I think that's apt.
I have no idea why people like Social Distortion. They bore me to death.
Quote by InstantAXonHero
I used to listen to Cartel

I used to have all of their albums, my friends girlfriend brought them up the other day, I re-immersed myself. I still don't know why they weren't more popular.
you're a stone fox
I feel like that's a reference I would've got a few years ago, but

EDIT: Now I remember, I need to go buy Chroma and their self-titled.
you're a stone fox
Last edited by Saint78 at Dec 16, 2011,
It may just be that I'm in the mood to ruin the holiday spirit with starting a flame war but a lot of bands mentioned in this thread aren't so much great bands as they are bands that have written a few great songs. I feel that Somery is the only Descendents record that you really need if you're just hurting for good music. A lot of their songs are good if you want a laugh but not for much else. Eunuch boy, pervert, etc are just filler songs. This is true with a lot of other 90s pop punk (EMPHASIZING punk) bands like weasel, NOFX, and the like. One band who I think writes amazing albums from start to finish is the offspring, their early stuff of course. there is not one track on smash i skip over except killboy when I've got a raging hangover
Actually Milo Goes to College is the only Descendents record you really need. And you really need it 'cuz it's a classic & rock solid from start to finish.
you're both wrong. ALL Descendents material is required punk material. They ALL rule. Cool To Be You not as much, but I Don't Want To Grow Up and ALL are both great from start to finish.