So, this guitar came today. All is great with it and I love it!

But I'm not really an expert on the trem, so I have to ask should I take out the stop bar or leave it in? When I dive and pull up I can hear and feel a sort of clicking. Also with the bar in it doesn't flutter, but if I take it out then will it work?

And do I still have to block the bridge if I'm taking all the strings off (I won't need to put new strings on for a while but I'd like to know), like I would with my Edge III?

Thanks
Taking out the stop bar makes it fully floating, so if you want to be able to pull up then remove it.

EDIT: Not so sure about blocking it when you change the strings but it you could try that out to see how it goes.
Last edited by xShade at Nov 11, 2011,
1) New bridges tend to do that. If the sound persists after a few weeks, then there might be reason for concern (or some WD-40) but it's normal to "click" right now. I wouldn't be too concerned.

2) I honestly wouldn't expect it to flutter - typically only OFRs and similar bridges can pull it off well.

3) With any floating bridge, it's definitely recommended to block the bridge. You should always do a full set-up of your guitar when you change strings, though (personal preference, but a good rule-of-thumb) so you'll be adjusting the intonation and such anyway, so it's not "necessary". Again, still useful, though.
Quote by Kevätuhri
Hail isn't too edgy for posts, posts are not edgy enough for Hail.

Quote by UseYourThumb
You win. I'm done here.
Thanks for all the replies so far didn't know if anyone would be here or not considering the time in the USA. Usually if I make a thread at this time it goes unanswered until about 2 in the morning
i left the bar in, but depends on your preference. but there is no clicking on my trem. don't quite know what it could be. when i change strings i just put a piece of cloth beneath the trem, no rocket science

i would not put WD40 on the parts because in the long run it will wash out all the lubricant. better use some fine mechanic oil.

Quote by xShade
Taking out the stop bar makes it fully floating, so it you want to be able to pull up then remove it.

EDIT: Not so sure about blocking it when you change the strings but it you could try that out to see how it goes.

you can still pull up with the zr trem when the bar is installed, it just adds extra tension to it by 2 extra springs wich put force on the trem into the "zero" position (and only when dive)

Quote by RyanIbanezMan
Thanks for all the replies so far didn't know if anyone would be here or not considering the time in the USA. Usually if I make a thread at this time it goes unanswered until about 2 in the morning

6:26PM Germany
Last edited by pegadeth at Nov 11, 2011,
Remove the zps stop bar. It flutters better without it. And pulling up and releasing will get a better flutter.