Hi there!

Well, on a Gibson Flying V guitar, which way should the bridge be set? Should the individual saddle screws be pointing towards the pickups or towards the saddle?

I changed strings on my V sometime ago (placing the bridge in such a way that the screws point toward the saddle, which was what Google images showed. I didn't remember the "default" way it was set after it came off ), and soon after, the high e always kind of "rings out". The action, truss rod, pickup, bridge height, etc. are all fine, so I couldn't figure out where the ringing/echo was coming from. It started to happen after the string change, especially if I play open notes. Before everything was fine. Anyway, recently I read on an article that the bridge should be set so that the screws face the pickups/fretboard (the same way they are on my new Schecter Damien 6). This is CONTRARY to the way bridges are placed on Gibson guitars (Google images). They are placed so that the screws face the saddle, which was what I followed.

SO!
Which way should the saddle screws on the bridge face? Toward pickups or toward saddle? I am going to change strings soon, and so figured it was best to get this out of the way.

Thanks a lot!

Last edited by zuhairreza at Nov 11, 2011,
so that the intonation can be set back further (the taller end of the saddles face away from the neck)
Simple if it's an ABR1 bridge the screw heads are on the PU side if it's a Nashville bridge the screws are on the tailpiece side.
Moving on.....
Quote by KenG
Simple if it's an ABR1 bridge the screw heads are on the PU side if it's a Nashville bridge the screws are on the tailpiece side.

How can one recognize, which one of those they have?