Hello Pit,

I’ve been put into a real crappy situation and I am going to be forced to pay for all the bills on my own (i.e. Mortgage, Car, Student loans, etc). In order to avoid going bankrupt, I decided that I am going to seek a part-time night and/or weekend job. I figure in order to stay afloat I need to consistently earn between $250 -$300 extra a week to pay all the bills.

I currently work 8:30am – 5:30ish Monday – Friday and one Monday each month I work until 10pm. So I figure I can put in 3 – 5 hours on the week day nights and pretty much any hours on the weekends.

Does anyone have any suggestions? Under the table would be ideal, but not a must.
I was thinking about delivering pizzas. However, my car only takes premium and with that kind of driving I’d probably get 15MPG. Although, it would be under the table and hopefully tips would be reasonable.

I consider myself a craftsman, as I am very good with my hands. I can do all sorts of residential construction. Also, I am very good with cars and can fix just about anything. Only problem here is that these sorts of trades require a clientel and it wouldn’t be steady income.

I’m sure there are a lot of College or High School people here that have part-time jobs during these hours that could offer suggestions

I tried googling, but it mostly comes up with work at home scams.

Pretty much the only things I wouldn’t do are fast food or telemarketing.

Thanks for your help
Matt-
Black Gibson SG - Gibson Dirty Fingers Coil Split/ Seymour Duncan 59' HB
Brown Satin Gibson SG - Seymour Duncan Invader
Squier 60's Classic Vibe Strat
Epiphone Electric Accoustic
Marshall Valvestate
Fender Mustang II
Boss DS-1
Vox Wah
Prostitution or find a hotel...both might go hand in hand.
“Just to sum up: I would do various things very quickly.” - Donald Trump
bar work?
Quote by JaykeSucks
Instead of paying $500 to bail him out, pay a criminal $500 to bum him. That'll learn him.
Quote by bradulator
Prostitution or find a hotel...both might go hand in hand.

ggg1 ggg3

Make a cute sign, dont pay your bills, and go occupy wall street. Problem solved
Sergio 'Checo' Perez 2013 Formula One World Drivers Champion
I'm going to need this extra source of income indefinitely, so I'm trying not to get a seasonal retail job.

I have considered bartending, but I've been told that it's hard to get in some where without barbacking for a while first. Plus, it's even harder for a guy. If it were available, this would be a top choice. How does one find an open bartender position?
Matt-
Marshall Valvestate
Fender Mustang II
Boss DS-1
Vox Wah
Quote by p_c
Make a cute sign, dont pay your bills, and go occupy wall street. Problem solved

Wouldn't that be nice? Just absolve myself of all responsibilities...
But who would take care of my cats?
Matt-
Marshall Valvestate
Fender Mustang II
Boss DS-1
Vox Wah
Just a warning, most pizza places only pay their guys about $5 an hour and they usually take a cut of your tips for that night too, so I'd rule that out if I were you.
I like St. Anger. Ridicule me, daddy

Quote by ErikLensherr

REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
Quote by thetalonguy
I'm going to need this extra source of income indefinitely, so I'm trying not to get a seasonal retail job.

I have considered bartending, but I've been told that it's hard to get in some where without barbacking for a while first. Plus, it's even harder for a guy. If it were available, this would be a top choice. How does one find an open bartender position?

Ask around all of your local hotels and see if they will hire you as a Night Porter. Definitely mention that you're good with your hands as Night Porters frequently double as unofficial handymen, fixing various things that go wrong during the day.

This is also the kind of job that will allow you to pick up other skills like bar tending, the bar staff will be much less busy at night during the week and may teach you some stuff in the resident's bar if you get friendly with them.
"Why should we subsidise intellectual curiosity?"
-Ronald Reagan

"Knowledge is in every country the surest basis of public happiness."
-George Washington
Quote by zgr0826
Just a warning, most pizza places only pay their guys about $5 an hour and they usually take a cut of your tips for that night too, so I'd rule that out if I were you.

Yea, from what I understand that's how it works. Although, I haven't heard them taking a cut from the tip money around here. One of my best friends delivered pizzas for years and made pretty good money. I think it's hit or miss depending upon the place and area.

Quote by Ur all $h1t
Ask around all of your local hotels and see if they will hire you as a Night Porter. Definitely mention that you're good with your hands as Night Porters frequently double as unofficial handymen, fixing various things that go wrong during the day.

This is also the kind of job that will allow you to pick up other skills like bar tending, the bar staff will be much less busy at night during the week and may teach you some stuff in the resident's bar if you get friendly with them.

That's actually a really good suggestion. I didn't even think of that. I'll definitely take a look into that. Thanks
Matt-
Marshall Valvestate
Fender Mustang II
Boss DS-1
Vox Wah
Quote by mtforever
Blacksmith.

This. You have no idea how hard it is to find good castle-forged steel these days. The demand is there.
Quote by jakesmellspoo
ooh look at me i'm ERIKLENSHERR and i work at fancy pants desk jobs and wear ties and ply barely legal girls with weed and booze i'm such a classy motherfucker.
Is the car necessary? I feel like thats a big money sucker, insurance payments and gas seem like theyd be far more expensive than taking the bus.
Ball Custom Mark I

Korg Pitchblack > Dunlop Crybaby wah > mODDball audio Green Bastard > Marshall GV2 Guv'nor Plus > EHX Holy Stain > MXR Phase 90 > MXR Carbon Copy

Jet City JCA20h
Epiphone Valve Jr.
Blackstar HTV212
Quote by ma_tt11
Is the car necessary? I feel like thats a big money sucker, insurance payments and gas seem like theyd be far more expensive than taking the bus.

Yea, the car is a big money sucker. However, you really can't get around LI without one. The buses suck around here, and there is no train stop where my primary job is located.

Depending upon how things go, I may try to payoff my car loan to free up a large monthly debt payment. However, I need to maintain some sort of savings in case something catastrophic happens.

I don't mind putting in the extra work... I'm the type that needs to stay busy all the time.
Matt-
Marshall Valvestate
Fender Mustang II
Boss DS-1
Vox Wah
Quote by thetalonguy
Wouldn't that be nice? Just absolve myself of all responsibilities...
But who would take care of my cats?

I'm sure this lady wouldn't mind.

Now get started making that sign & say farewell to responsibilities.
Order & Justice
Order Restored, Justice Served