I've finally come across a semi-decent job. Woo. Let me tell ya :\

But I've decided to look into new amps, since my guitar is worthy of some more abuse. I am thinking of getting the B-52 LS100 and LS412A Half Stack from musicians friend as a low budget "waiting" amp until I can afford a better one (looking at the B-52 ATX100 head) but want some suggestions of other cheap half stacks. Tube or solid state, but would prefer a tube. I'm currently running through an old VOX Berkely Solid State III Edition that my gram let's me use, and basically have, but I want to make a transfer to a tube. I hear a lot of pros and a few cons which are out-weighed by the pros.

any advice?
I started to feel really proud of the fact that I was gay even though I wasn't
- Kurt Cobain
No. I've learned the hard way never to settle. Don't just say, "Oh, just for now."
Save your money for something better.
Get a Randall Rh100 Half-Stack. Those will get you bang for your buck.
Are you playing out with a band? If you're not there isn't any need to buy a halfstack, you can get a far better setup on a tight budget going combo . Remember speakers play just as much of a role as the amp itself. A SLO would sound like crap through an MG cab (Celestion Rocket 50's), but an MG would sound alright through a Soldano cab (Emi V12's).

I'm not recommending that you get an MG, it was just an example. And an MG would probably still sound pretty bad going through a Soldano cab, but you get the point.

What's your budget? What sound are you looking for and what's your current gear? What's the nearest city to you? We can give you a good suggestion based on that information.
Endorsed by Dean Guitars 07-10
2003 Gibson Flying V w/ Moon Inlay
2006 Fender All-American Partscaster
SVK ELP-C500 Custom

1964 Fender Vibro Champ
1989 Peavey VTM60

[thread="1166208"]Gibsons Historic Designs[/thread]
Sorry I haven't checked right away.

Yes, I'm playing in a band. We usually don't do super large crowds, but you know how drummers are. My guitars are an ESP LTD M-200FM, some Strat knock-off, and (rarely use other than writing clean electric riffs) a Guild S-60. My distortion is from a Boss Metal Zone MT-2. I usually do covers of anything from punk to metal, but my band play alternative rock. We have a really shitty video on YouTube of our one school talent show of a bassist written song. My budget is anywhere under $1,000, but I'd be willing to save for $1,500 if something really impresses me. The closest music shop is a small town type shop with some decent equipment who are willing to have products shipped to be tested.
- Kurt Cobain
Quote by TheMetalRiffer
No. I've learned the hard way never to settle. Don't just say, "Oh, just for now."
Save your money for something better.
Get a Randall Rh100 Half-Stack. Those will get you bang for your buck.

I was looking into this amp as well. Wondering how the highs are when mixed with a real low end sound.

But I want something that's chunky but clear. A lot of low end but not something that is able to be heard and made out. I don't know.
- Kurt Cobain