Hi

I have a schecter solo-6 and the glossy neck gets a little sticky sometimes. I was wondering if there's any way to smooth it up without damaging the finish.

Thanks.
ghs fast fret. comes in a brownish/khaki tube with a brown lid. sells for less than 5 bucks at any guitar shop.
fast fret is to put on the strings, not on the neck.

only thing i can think of that might help is make sure you keep it clean, and not too sweaty.
Fingerease goes nicely on the back of the neck. thats how i keep my Avenger fast. just dont put too much. but just enough to add some speed.
Sand it.
Quote by Tone Deaf
Someone has had too much jager in their slushy. :/
Quote by CL/\SH
First person on UG to be a grammar nazi and use the correct form of "your" in the correct context.

+ 70 virgins to you, my good sir.

Quote by Fassa Albrecht
Girls DO fap...I don't though.
My only concern with sanding the neck is doing any sort of damage or ruining the value...but some of the comments say it's reverse-able? How does this work exactly?
Quote by mpatton
My only concern with sanding the neck is doing any sort of damage or ruining the value...but some of the comments say it's reverse-able? How does this work exactly?

as you play, the neck will start to gloss up as you run your thumb over the tiny scratches that make the neck matte.
Quote by mpatton
You could have it refinished. But with a thick poly finish that would be hard. With nitro finishes it's a little easier but you only get nitro finishes on really expensive guitars.

Sanding the finish matte or sanding the finish off completely is the only way to speed up the feel. It will heavily impact the resale value and it is effectively not reversable due to the time and cost it takes to have a guitar properly refinished. And even a properly refinished guitar is still worth less than one with the original finish.

So if you love the guitar and will keep it a long time, sand the finsih back a bit. If resale is a serious consideration of yours then just live with it how it is for now and once you've sold it, replace it with something which has a satin-finsihed neck to begin with.
Instead of Sandpaper, use some medium Steel Wool... It will dull the finish and help speed things up without completely removing the clear coat...

I keep a little bit in my guitar case..
I Play Guitar
Some Like it
Some don't
I don't care
Beats Workin'
OLD GUYS RULE!!!!
Instead of steel wool, I recommend using a green Scotch-Brite scouring pad. It comes in the same gauges as steel wool but all the little metal filings don't fall off and end up in your pickups. Get like 0000 and use small circular motions down the entire back of the neck and you'll be good to go. It can usually be polished back to a glossy finish too since modern poly is so thick you'd have to use a chisel to get through to any wood lol.
Gear
Highway One Tele (w/Custom Shop 51 Nocaster pickups)
Standard Tele (modded to Nashville specs)
Reverend Roundhouse

Orange Rockerverb 50 MKI
Vox AC4c1
Jet City JCA20H

And pedals!

"Shiva opens her arms now..
...to make sure I don't get too far"
good for wood eh? I'll be right back...

OT: I tried sanding the back of a finished neck with steel wool (0000) and it definitely made the neck less sticky, but with time (about 2 weeks; I try to play at least an hour daily) the sweat from my hand kind of made it sticky again (I wash my hands thoroughly before picking up any guitar, so I don't think it was dirt/grime per se), so I sanded it again. I imagine if you sand it and apply fast fret or whatever, it might last longer, but constant maintenance is key =)
Epi Sheraton II or MIA FSR strat > wah Q535 > fuzzface > Keeley C4 > Qtron > Whammy > Liquid Chorus > Triboost > Hotcake > BigMuff > Small Stone > VolumePlus > SpaceEcho > Cathedral Reverb > LoFi > MemoryMan > BYOC vibrato > DD-7 > Vox AC15 C1
Shoulda gotten a different guitar :p
"If you're looking for me,
you better check under the sea,
because that's where you'll find me..."