Page 1 of 2
Tonight me and my drummer are playing for a party, just instrumentals since the other band members haven't learned as many of the songs as us two. This will be the most people we've ever played in front of, around 20 people. Any tips for us?

well it went amazing! the other 2 guys came over. it resulted in 3 hours of jamming from metal to extreme metal. had a drunken mosh pit going on as well. all we got were compliments from the people from the party, even the country people drinking by the fire complimented us.
ಠ_ಠ
Last edited by stefanomire at Nov 12, 2011,
It probably won't go down well to be honest, if it's just you and a drummer. Assuming you're a guitarist and hopefully singer?

Just enjoy yourself. If you look like you're enjoying yourself, then the audience are more likely to enjoy it.

But either way, it's probably gunna be a car crash.
Quote by WholeLottaIzzy
It probably won't go down well to be honest, if it's just you and a drummer. Assuming you're a guitarist and hopefully singer?

Just enjoy yourself. If you look like you're enjoying yourself, then the audience are more likely to enjoy it.

But either way, it's probably gunna be a car crash.

I don't sing. I don't think it would go to bad though. Our set list is carol of the bells by august burns red, waking the demon by bullet for my valentine, darkest nights by as i lay dying, and voices by disturbed.
ಠ_ಠ
Party shows are usually pretty informal. People may or may not pay attention to you. Just play and have fun!
Quote by stefanomire
I don't sing. I don't think it would go to bad though. Our set list is carol of the bells by august burns red, waking the demon by bullet for my valentine, darkest nights by as i lay dying, and voices by disturbed.

Unless the party is full of musicians, this won't go well. The average (young) person isn't too fond of instrumentals. Especially if it's not a full band.
It probably won't go great, but people won't care as they'll be wasted.
Quote by EndTheRapture51
who pays five hundred fucking dollars for a burger
Quote by stefanomire
voices by disturbed.

How in the actual fuck are you supposed to play this with only a drummer and lead guitar? And even the other songs for that matter.

Choose new songs, son.
ggg1 ggg3

Party gigs are the best. Just get farked up and play away. You'll get people asking you to play songs and riffs they want to hear anyways. Then inevitably one dickhead will ask you to teach them how to play something and it'll be 'Nothing Else Matters.'

Why the fark is it that people always ask to learn that song first when it is hard for beginners.
nice instrumentals you picked there.
it wont sound retarded at all without full band.
I recommend jumping around a lot if it seems like people are watching. I would just jam the heaviest riffs you can come up with the whole time. No breaks. Be the Black Keys, is what I'm saying.
language
jazyk
kieli
язык
العربية

My Tumblr: Lots of artist recommendations, album reviews, and ideas about music (as well as some film and bike stuff).

Go Sharks! Go Wings! Go Flyers! Go Kings!
Quote by stefanomire

I don't know about the people you party with, but this is not the kind of music I would like to listen to at a party. If you're hanging out with people that like this music than have fun with it
Saint Louis Blues
Quote by stefanomire

Oh God..
what no taylor swift?

in trouble bro
Ill Take it all
Arrows and Guns.. Hundreds and more

Save you from one
Quote by sticksause
Unless the party is full of musicians, this won't go well. The average (young) person isn't too fond of instrumentals. Especially if it's not a full band.

actually, most of the people at the party are musicians
ಠ_ಠ
Quote by behind_you
How in the actual fuck are you supposed to play this with only a drummer and lead guitar? And even the other songs for that matter.

Choose new songs, son.

i had said the other band members haven't learned the songs yet. we have a full band
ಠ_ಠ
Quote by stefanomire
actually, most of the people at the party are musicians

Then they would be even more put off by that atrocious set list.
Quote by blake1221
Then they would be even more put off by that atrocious set list.

they sadly like that type of music around here, that's why we chose them in the first place. our own originals songs are more of the line of melodic death metal and technical death metal. this is just our party setlist
ಠ_ಠ
Quote by stefanomire
i had said the other band members haven't learned the songs yet. we have a full band

Then don't play. Save yourself the shame, son.

Quote by Crazyedd123

ggg1 ggg3

Last edited by behind_you at Nov 11, 2011,
Quote by stefanomire
they sadly like that type of music around here, that's why we chose them in the first place. our own originals songs are more of the line of melodic death metal and technical death metal. this is just our party setlist

Why don't you just play your original songs that your whole band knows?
Quote by Shr3dz0r
Why don't you just play your original songs that your whole band knows?

my drummer and I make up all the songs. our other guitarist hasn't learned them yet because of his addiction to league of legends
ಠ_ಠ
Quote by stefanomire
my drummer and I make up all the songs. our other guitarist hasn't learned them yet because of his addiction to league of legends

Time to find a more dedicated guitarist.
last.fm[/url}
Quote by stefanomire

Not sure if serious.

If I was at a party and a metal band started playing, I would leave.
Ball Custom Mark I

Korg Pitchblack > Dunlop Crybaby wah > mODDball audio Green Bastard > Marshall GV2 Guv'nor Plus > EHX Holy Stain > MXR Phase 90 > MXR Carbon Copy

Jet City JCA20h
Epiphone Valve Jr.
Blackstar HTV212
Play some brutal shit, like whip out swim to the moon, or play some coaltar of the deepers, make them wtf their pants.
Quote by yoman297
Tell us how it goes.

actually very well, two other guys are on there way to jam after we're done
ಠ_ಠ
I suggest do a metal version of Party Rock Anthem. Complete with death growls and stuff.
"You're not hardcore unless you live hardcore"
play some free form jazz or something
Quote by Robchappers
Ha ha love you to dude ;-)

Quote by fearofthemark
10/10 Slater is amazing

Fender Deluxe Roadhouse Strat
Ibanez RG4EXFM1
Washburn D46S
Dunlop Original Crybaby Wah
Fulltone OCD Overdrive
Boss SD-1 Overdrive
MXR M-148 Micro Chorus
Jet City JCA2112RC 20W
Quote by stefanomire
Tonight me and my drummer are playing for a party, just instrumentals since the other band members haven't learned as many of the songs as us two. This will be the most people we've ever played in front of, around 20 people. Any tips for us?

do this http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jj7pDNDuoJ0
This is a really bad idea. Don't play. If you do play, pick different songs. Something bluesy/funky would work with just the two of you (+ a little vocals) and people might actually being able to dance.
Quote by Dirtydeeds468
Holy Crap.

I love you more than life itself.
Page 1 of 2