I found a Strat in a used gear store, usually stuff they buy from Japan and sell here 2nd (or 3rd) hand. I tried it out and the guy told me "it's japanese", and that's it.

Now, the only sign pointing towards it being a real strat was the Fender logo on the headstock, along with the tiny print. Something about "contoured body" or something like that. It also had those metal trees (I can't for the life of me remember what they're called right now xD) to hold the strings down and apply tension to them.

Behind the headstock, no s/n or any text whatsoever. In the metal plate at the joint there was no text as well. It seemed scratched out or worn out.

The neck was a bit on the thin side, thinner than most strats I've come upon.

The body had a cheap-looking finish, and the rest of the parts seemed on the ok side.

Now, from this info alone, would it be possible I stumbled upon some cheap japan-made version of a Strat from before Squier existed? Like I said, there were no markers/serials and the guitar looks pretty old, but not ancient. Or could it most likely be a fake?

I'm thinking maybe it's a strat neck on a strat copy body. They wanted $300 for it. Would that be a good price for a NECK?

For what it's worth, the pickups sounded quite good, physically they seemed pretty cheap.

Any help would be greatly appreciated, thank you!
Does the neck have this on it?

if not than its probably not worth it.
You belong in a museum.

Do you Enjoy Forza, and wish to be in an in game Club?! Look no further! Please, join.. there is no one else!
Thank you for your input. I guess I'll let it pass.

It's a pretty good copy, though.