Page 1 of 2
I was just talking to this guest at work who came back from a KFC and McDonalds. He said he couldn't believe how different it was from the UK and that the only thing similar was the Big Mac. I always figured fast food restaurants were pretty similar anywhere you go. Anybody know how drastic the difference is?
That guest at your work knows how drastic the difference is.

I'm pretty sure they serve poutine in Canadian fast food places, and eating it is one of my dreams in life.
they are very different. I live in the US but am in Korea now and have been to japan... they are very different. There is usually one or two things the same (as your friend stated the big mac) but you won't know what is on most of the stuff till you bite into it.
Quote by BlackVoid
Every guitar and bass forum I've visited has some people chasing some magical tone that will shoot jizzing unicorns riding on a rainbow out of their amp.
Quote by zenbone
they are very different. I live in the US but am in Korea now and have been to japan... they are very different. There is usually one or two things the same (as your friend stated the big mac) but you won't know what is on most of the stuff till you bite into it.

Damn, I had no idea. I wanted to ask the guy but he just kind of said it quickly in passing.
Meh, here in Chile it's pretty much the same, except major chains such as McDonalds and Starbucks aren't as prominent, so small chains are often seen as well.
Professional lurker since 2009.
Quote by K Reyn
Damn, I had no idea. I wanted to ask the guy but he just kind of said it quickly in passing.

I noticed that the fast food places at Airports are pretty close to the same as America with added menu items for that country. But every place else is more for that country. it makes sense because they would go out of business if they didn't sell what was common or considered good to the base population. I have seen some wacky shit
Quote by BlackVoid
Every guitar and bass forum I've visited has some people chasing some magical tone that will shoot jizzing unicorns riding on a rainbow out of their amp.
Quote by devourke
I've only ever been in NZ fast food places.

Are KFC places dirty all over the world?

Yes. **** KFC. Popeye's FTW.
Quote by due 07

I'm pretty sure they serve poutine in Canadian fast food places, and eating it is one of my dreams in life.

Nope. Poutine form a fast food place is your dream? Way to aim high brother.
Quote by due 07

A&W makes a GODLY poutine.
Quote by Thrashtastic15

Well, I mean eating poutine in general is my dream. It looks so great!

Quote by hawk5211
A&W makes a GODLY poutine.

Noted.
Quote by Thrashtastic15

KFC, Burger King, and A&W all serve poutine.
Quote by due 07
Well, I mean eating poutine in general is my dream. It looks so great!

Noted.

**** A&W poutine. If you want quality poutine, go to an authentic French-Canadian Poutinery.
--------------╯╰--------------
A SIGNATURE.
--------------╮╭--------------
Last edited by DonGlover at Nov 11, 2011,
Royale with cheese
"Social correctness has traditionally had nothing whatever to do with reason, logic, or physics. In fact, in England it is generally considered socially incorrect to know stuff or think about things."
-Douglas Adams
Quote by Tanglewoodguit
Isn't poutine just chips with gravy and cheese?

You can get that at a chippy or take away place after a night out at 3am in the UK

Fries gravy and cheese curds. I guarantee your stupid UK doesn't do it right.

Don, doesn't just have to be french canadian. there are some bomb places in toronto. hitting one up right now lol
I love me some Poutine. I hate living in the states for that reason (and a few others...). I miss Canada but like someone said, go to a real poutine place because it blows fast food poutine out of the water (but I am not complaining... a whopper with poutine on top... DELICIGASM).

Also, fries and vinegar

/Canadian food rant
American fast food is ****ing amazing, I can see why there's an obesity problem. Went to In-N-Out Burger while visiting some friends in the US last summer and holy fuarking shit..
Quote by Thrashtastic15
Fries gravy and cheese curds. I guarantee your stupid UK doesn't do it right.

Don, doesn't just have to be french canadian. there are some bomb places in toronto. hitting one up right now lol

It just sounds like standard chips, cheese and gravy

At least our national delicacies aren't just things you can get in any old takeaway in any country
Quote by KTFM
We don't have Poutine, but we have ABs. Chips with Yiros meat, garlic sauce and chili sauce. Perfect way to finish a night out.

just drooled a little, haven't had that since before I moved to Queensland
if you haven't tried poutine and watched trailer park boys you are missing out
this is my signature, and it's purple in bold, you can't do anything about it.
When I went to costa rica last summer I went to a McDonalds and a Burger King and I saw no real differences except they didn't speak english (which wasn't an issue)
Quote by ChucklesMginty
If at first you don't succeed, play bass.

Quote by Jackal58
Cats don't think. They plot.

Catch me on FLICKR
Proud owner of a beautiful PRS P22
Quote by devourke
I've only ever been in NZ fast food places.

Are KFC places dirty all over the world?

NZ fast food joints never taste as grotty as over here...

Same as water, it's shit, and milk, it's also shit...def prefer the nz shiz.
yo.

I BELIEVE
Quote by Teh Traineez0rz
NZ fast food joints never taste as grotty as over here...

Same as water, it's shit, and milk, it's also shit...def prefer the nz shiz.

It's just unfair to compare anything from Australia to NZ really.
I've been won over by these poutine loving Canadians, any one know a good way to make it? I have idea what cheese curds are, what could I use instead?
I know Burger King is called Hungry Jack's here in Australia, but I've never been overseas, so I'm not sure how different the actual food is.
Quote by 'Leviathan'
I know Burger King is called Hungry Jack's here in Australia, but I've never been overseas, so I'm not sure how different the actual food is.

It's exactly the same as NZ Burger King.

Quote by KTFM
Except KTFM. I hear that dude shits all over anything from NZ.

And he ruins our clean green image with all his shit
Quote by kylepianoman
When I went to costa rica last summer I went to a McDonalds and a Burger King and I saw no real differences except they didn't speak english (which wasn't an issue)

They give you less napkins. That's the main thing I notice, in the US you get big wads of napkins, not so overseas.
Quote by jakesmellspoo
ooh look at me i'm ERIKLENSHERR and i work at fancy pants desk jobs and wear ties and ply barely legal girls with weed and booze i'm such a classy motherfucker.
Well, a Big Mac's a Big Mac, but they call it "le Big Mac".
Quote by Ian_the_fox
You're not girly enough of a boy for me, and you're not man enough to take the top. So like, sorry bitch but you ain't mine! Sorry.
Page 1 of 2