if you were to do this..

e 00000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000etc..

how long can you do it consistently?

just a poll, when picking like this, is your guitar left leg/right leg?
Hahahahaha. way too drunk to even get to 10 seconds right now.

I think maybe FP or Mark/Steven should warn me for this bullshit...
R.I.P. My Signature. Lost to us in the great Signature Massacre of 2014.

Quote by Master Foo
“A man who mistakes secrets for knowledge is like a man who, seeking light, hugs a candle so closely that he smothers it and burns his hand.”

Album.
Legion.
I haven't played guitar, particularly metal guitar in a while, so I probably can't even tremolo pick properly

If it's of any utility to you, I usually play with my guitar either on my right leg or standing up.
Professional lurker since 2009.
Usually on the left leg or standing up, and I can last a few minutes usually depending on how fast it is.
thaaanks. cuz my arm aches after a short while. hmm i nid to praktis.. hahahah
How exactly is stamina training? Is it training at a normal speed and increasing the length of time or practicing reaaally slowly so you can last a much longer time?
Depends how into I am. No problem 5 Minutes or so, I can remember times when it's been close to half an hour when just (guilty pleasure) drunk shredding
Uncle aciD

&

The deadbeatS

Do What Your Love Tells You
I got bored one day and decided to play all of "It Took The Night To Believe" by Sunn O))), just to see if I could. The song is 6 minutes of non-stop tremolo picking. I could probably go longer now since that was a while ago, but, I don't feel like finding out.
Last edited by 37 Narwhals at Nov 11, 2011,
honestly, what's the point?

[EDIT] I suppose just locking it is kind of mean so I'll explain...there's tends to be a bit of an obsession with "what other people can do", and it's mis-placed because what other people can do has absolutely no bearing or influence on what you can or may be able to do yourself.

Fair enough, asking how people tackle a particular song, passage or lick can point you in the right direction if you're struggling. However just asking how long people can tremolo pick is pointless, all you're doing is starting a willy waving contest where ultimately everyone starts BSing and trying to outdo each other.

More to the point, it's not going to help you improve your guitar playing in any way - you're focusing on something that's irrelevant in the greater scheme of things. If you want to get better then you need to be far more specific in isolating areas of weakness that you want or need to improve on - but make sure they're things that actually matter.

How long you can tremolo pick primarily depends on how good your technique is and how much control you have. There's an issue of stamina too, but the reason people usually struggle to maintain tremolo for any length of time is because they're wasting energy.
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com