Poll Options
View poll results: Which mix?
Number 1
0 0%
Number 2
2 100%
Voters: 2.
Hey guys,

Not long ago, I made a thread about the terrible mix I had created. I understand that it was shite, and I apologize for harming your earholes. However, I think that after following THIS THREAD:https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1490850 to the letter, with quite a few alterations on my half, and on the half of my girlfriend as well. We came up with two different mixes, and what I want to know, is which one of the two is your favorite, and for what reason, and what could be improved. If you want, and if you have the time that is. Any listeners will be appreciated, and if you guys want something listened to in return, just link it in here and we'll give it a listen

Anyway, here they are

Number 1
http://soundclick.com/share.cfm?id=11209067

Number 2
http://soundclick.com/share.cfm?id=11209073

Do keep in mind that these are NOT our files, we took them out of that thread. This is just a test of our mixing abilities, with for the first time ever, decent material to work with . If this belongs in recording competitions, I'll gladly repost it there mods

My things:
Bowes SLx7
Washburn WG587
Washburn X40Pro
Washburn X50
Washburn HM24
Washburn WR150
Laguna LE200s
Arietta Acoustic
First Act
Valveking 112
VHT Deliverance

I'm not really sure, I feel like they both have goods and bads I think the first one makes the guitar sound a bit flimsy with the wider panning and such, however it sounds fuller due to this. As far as the second goes, I feel like it's a lot punchier, and that the lead guitar "pops" and cuts through a lot better. Although I don't think either has a bass guitar, which would make each sound way better.

Okay, I choose the second. Good work on both though, if I found music by a band I liked that was mixed like this I'd gladly listen to either mix
Quote by jengel13
I'm not really sure, I feel like they both have goods and bads I think the first one makes the guitar sound a bit flimsy with the wider panning and such, however it sounds fuller due to this. As far as the second goes, I feel like it's a lot punchier, and that the lead guitar "pops" and cuts through a lot better. Although I don't think either has a bass guitar, which would make each sound way better.

Okay, I choose the second. Good work on both though, if I found music by a band I liked that was mixed like this I'd gladly listen to either mix

They have basses, for some reason they keep getting lost though . Feedback taken my friend, adjustments will be made.

My things:
Bowes SLx7
Washburn WG587
Washburn X40Pro
Washburn X50
Washburn HM24
Washburn WR150
Laguna LE200s
Arietta Acoustic
First Act
Valveking 112
VHT Deliverance

Ah that's weird. Some well blended low frequencies would work awesomely.

After we get some more feedback we'll do the adjustments, just want to hear from a few more people first

My things:
Bowes SLx7
Washburn WG587
Washburn X40Pro
Washburn X50
Washburn HM24
Washburn WR150
Laguna LE200s
Arietta Acoustic
First Act
Valveking 112
VHT Deliverance