Page 1 of 3
Which language do you think sound the prettiest or most aesome, when sang?

I'm probably biased as grew up listening to Mexican music a lot, but I love songs sung in spanish, and I just enjoy singing in spanish 10X more.

Devendra Banhart's my favorite male singer when it comes to spanish (no wonder that it was this song that got Natalie Portman to go out with him):
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q-ezaxiKe-Y&ob=av3e

And Eydie Gorme has probably my favorite female voice (even though she's actually jewish):
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dxl4MGRwjWo

Also, I HATE the way Portuguese sounds when spoken, but when sang, it sounds so much better.
Icelandic or Vonlenska/Hopelandic.
dirtbag ballet by the bins down the alley
as i walk through the chalet of the shadow of death
everything that you've come to expect

I love Spanish. Everything sounds so much more emotional. Wanna tell someone off? It sounds so much meaner in Spanish. Want to say something romantic? It sounds better in Spanish.
whatever language Ozzy speaks sound terrible spoken but its pretty cool sounding when sung
Roses are red
Voilets are blue
The only bulge in my pocket is my wallet
No i'm not happy to see you
Quote by silent caution
whatever language Ozzy speaks sound terrible spoken but its pretty cool sounding when sung

It's called 'brummie'.

tbh, ive never enjoyed a band that doesnt sing in english. sorry, but if i cant understand the lyrics, its just a mess of noise.

although hey macarena was alright.
Remember through sounds
Remember through smells
Remember through colors
Remember through towns
-Modest Mouse, "Novocaine Stain"
Quote by Trowzaa
Icelandic or Vonlenska/Hopelandic.

this 100%

Except songs sung in spanish are super badass, and so is Devendra Banhart
“Just to sum up: I would do various things very quickly.” - Donald Trump
I prefer English (not American :p) for the most part but as a big TMV fan, Spanish can sound pretty awesome too. Not too keen on other European languages though (apart from maybe Portuguese and Catalan).
Guitars & Gear:
Parker Nitefly M
Sumer Metal Driver
Ibanez RGD2120Z
AMT SS-11B
Two Notes Torpedo CAB
Japanese by far some of the things they do with their voice just blows me away, latin is pretty sweet but it's rare for me to find stuff I really like
Basically, Spanish when it comes to Romantic songs. The Exception being "Heroes Del Silencio" because the singer's voice is absolutely Badass.
English when it comes to Rock/Metal.
Icelandic when it comes to Metal and Metal-esque Music when sung.
Also, Russian and German are alright.
Where do the signatures go?
[IMG]http://i1143.photobucket.com/albums/n638/Ubergrue/Forum%20Signature%20Pictures/MasterLongview333.jpg[IMG]
English first, Spanish second IMO.

and PS, most French (or Franglais anyway) people don't listen or like the majority (or any) French music.
Quote by Weaponized
I'm not sure... what you're trying to say...
Shit, I meant favorite voice for spanish, and it's sort of ironic that she's not mexican or hispanic at all. Nothing against Jewish people.
Spanish, and I'll say French too just based off Edith Piaf.
Quote by jakesmellspoo
ooh look at me i'm ERIKLENSHERR and i work at fancy pants desk jobs and wear ties and ply barely legal girls with weed and booze i'm such a classy motherfucker.
Quote by Cavalcade
Depends on the sound you're aiming for. I'm kind of partial to Finnish for a "heroic" sound, for example. But I'd actually agree with Cyngus, Swahili is pretty awesome too.

****ing hell, I was going to post the same exact song, I even had the link copy pasted at 2:01 too.
Quote by NoLaurelTree000
tbh, ive never enjoyed a band that doesnt sing in english. sorry, but if i cant understand the lyrics, its just a mess of noise.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JHo26IhDxx0

i have little to no idea what the hell he's saying. anything i do understand is simply through cognates in spanish.

but if someone didn't enjoy that, i'd be really surprised. it's like red in shawshank, "i have no idea what those two italian ladies were singing about. truth is, i don't wanna know. some things are best left unsaid. i'd like to think they were singing about something so beautiful it can't be expressed in words, and it makes your heart ache because of it."
#DTWD
Last edited by primusfan at Nov 12, 2011,
It all depends on the style I would say... Overall English of course, or else I find it a bit abnormal. But Gallic*(Eluveitie) is beautiful, French is alright, mostly folkloric songs though, Spanish also.. German is kind of interesting (Equilibrium).
Last edited by DarkTom666 at Nov 12, 2011,
Quote by NoLaurelTree000

Vocals are just another instrument.

Depends on the genre. For metal, german. Rock, english. opera, italian.

So on and so forth.
Quote by Zaphod_Beeblebr
Theory is descriptive, not prescriptive.

Quote by MiKe Hendryckz
theory states 1+1=2 sometimes in music 1+1=3.
Afrikaans is pretty epic. See Fokofpolisiekar, Van Koke Kartel, KOBUS etc..

Quote by menotbug
English first, Spanish second IMO.

and PS, most French (or Franglais anyway) people don't listen or like the majority (or any) French music.

Having lived in France for 4 years, I can tell you why: Because French music is invariably shit.
An Augmented 4th or a Diminished 5th?

Quote by I.O.T.M
You, fine sir, have impeccable taste.

Ahhhh Yuck Fou.
Last edited by Dawginator at Nov 12, 2011,
French music is annoying to me.
“Just to sum up: I would do various things very quickly.” - Donald Trump
Page 1 of 3