The Next Web reports that the experts at Oxford Dictionaries Online explained that as the Internet’s influence on the English language increased increasing and as new products and services were created, we needed new words and phrases to describe what they are and do.

A bunch of new words including as sexting, tbh, woot, fnarr fnarr, bromance, and sammich have been accepted and added into the Oxford dictionary. Should internet slang and fnarr fnarr (whatever that is) be considered part of the english language? I personally find this a bit ridiculous. Is the language evolving or are these phrases going to be phased out in a few years?

Source
Quote by ChucklesMginty
If at first you don't succeed, play bass.

Quote by Jackal58
Cats don't think. They plot.

Catch me on FLICKR
Proud owner of a beautiful PRS P22
Last edited by kylepianoman at Nov 12, 2011,
It really is how language evolves. With how fast technoogy is advancing, that many new words developing isn't too surprising. I'm happy they aren't clinging to old fashioned 'proper' words and are accepting changes as they come. Tis a step forward in my book.
I have never heard of "fnarr fnarr" but it's gotten into the dictionary already? Damn. Yay for evolution of language.
^^The above is a Cryptic Metaphor^^

"To know the truth of history is to realize its ultimate myth and its inevitable ambiguity." Everything is made up and the facts don't matter.

MUSIC THEORY LINK
What the shit is a fnarr fnarr?!
Quote by ErikLensherr
Don't belittle it like that, your mom produces top quality stuff.

C4C
[thread="1339859"]Hammerhead[/thread]
[thread="1341152"]Anglerfish[/thread]

VOTE
Thrustor: 2012
TS, I can sense the bromance between us, but tbh, I was only sexting you because you make a mean sammich. Anyway, good luck with all that fnarr fnarr. Woot woot.

8==D,
darkstar
Quote by denizenz
I'll logic you right in the thyroid.

Art & Lutherie
I've never heard of fnarr fnarr so I went to urban dictionary, which doesn't even appear to have a general consensus on fnarr fnarrr... there are two entries both having completely different meanings.
Quote by ChucklesMginty
If at first you don't succeed, play bass.

Quote by Jackal58
Cats don't think. They plot.

Catch me on FLICKR
Proud owner of a beautiful PRS P22
Quote by Andrea55
What does fnarr fnarr mean?

Fnarr fnarr fnarr

It seems like a really nasally laugh
Quote by devourke

Fnarr fnarr fnarr

It seems like a really nasally laugh

Makes sense! Nice gif.

I mean fnarr fnarr.
STಠ_ಠ
Oxford needs to add fap!
Quote by joshua garcia
I was incredibly drunk and only really remember writing a fanfic where ESP was getting porked by a pony.

Quote by guitar0player
I'd honestly fap to anything with a set of genitals as long as I find it aesthetically appealing.
Quote by due 07
Fnarr fnarr is what you do when you hear a pun.

You mean climaxing?

That doesn't make sense with all the posts above...
Quote by triface
You mean climaxing?

That doesn't make sense with all the posts above...

You climax when you hear a pun?
Quote by due 07
You climax when you hear a pun?

Of course. Who doesn't?

Why do you think I prowl the Pit? I look out for news threads and wait for people to make puns upon puns upon puns.
Quote by triface
Of course. Who doesn't?

Why do you think I prowl the Pit? I look out for news threads and wait for people to make puns upon puns upon puns.

Me too!
Still don't know what fnarr fnarr is though.
I've never seen a smiling face that was not beautiful. ~Author Unknown
Originally Posted by Oxford Dictionary
used to represent s******ing, typically at a sexual innuendo: That’s some package! (Said the bishop to the actress, fnarr fnarr)
If that's going in the dictionary I want snu snu and k koo in there too.

EDIT: lol, it blocks out s n i g g e r i n g.
Guitars & Gear:
Parker Nitefly M
Sumer Metal Driver
Ibanez RGD2120Z
AMT SS-11B
Two Notes Torpedo CAB
Last edited by Emperor's Child at Nov 12, 2011,
What does tbh mean? Fnarr fnarr? Is that that stupid cat cat all dressed in black black? Woot is a cheering term correct? Like hip hop tip top in pit pop pup pip tip in dip dippity doppity whoppity whip woot?
Quote by jrcsgtpeppers
What does tbh mean? Fnarr fnarr? Is that that stupid cat cat all dressed in black black? Woot is a cheering term correct? Like hip hop tip top in pit pop pup pip tip in dip dippity doppity whoppity whip woot?

tbh means To be honest