Guys the question goes as in the title can somebody make it in a gig using a 20 watt tube head and a 2x12 cab? any response is most welcome!
Not vital at all, we got the cleans covered by another guitarist.Talking about medium sized bar-pub aprox. 100 people in it.
Piece of cake then. You'll easily be loud enough to play a small pub gig like that dude
Easily, if cleans aren't vital that is.

If they are at some point, any good pub or bar should have some kind of inhouse PA system to mic you up.
Quote by SimplyBen
That's the advantage of being such a distance from Yianni. I can continue to live my life without fear of stumbling upon his dark terror.

Quote by Toppscore
NakedInTheRain aka "Naked with shriveled pencil sized bacon In The Rain"
It will be fine. You should always mike up the amp anyway so the sound guy has some control over you in the mix. The aim of the game for you is to get a good on stage mix, FOH is somebody else's concern.
Gilchrist custom
Yamaha SBG500
Telecasters
Randall RM100 & RM20
Marshall JTM45 clone
Marshall JCM900 4102 (modded)
Marshall 18W clone
Fender 5F1 Champ clone
Atomic Amplifire
Marshall 1960A
Boss GT-100

Cathbard Amplification
My band
Possibly.

But why are you trying to "get away with it"? Why not just use an amp that meets your needs without any second thoughts?
Spin 'round carousel when your horse isn't screwed in.

My band:
Fractured Instinct
(For fans of Death/Groove/Prog Metal)

Ibanez RGA42E
Ibanez S420
LTD H-301
Ibanez RG520
Peavey Predator USA
Douglas Grendel 725
Line 6 Pod HD500X
I played out with an all tube Fender 1x12 champ. The other guitar player had a 100 watt Marshall half stack. We were both mic'ed and threw the monitors. The only real difference was my amp was a lot easier to carry.
I'm an expert on all of them. Even the ones I made up.

Dirt and fertilizer. TS9DX. Fulltone 70's, Vox Brit boost, Mesa V-twin and a DLS. Everything grows better with lots of dirt.
Quote by rat jazz
I played out with an all tube Fender 1x12 champ. The other guitar player had a 100 watt Marshall half stack. We were both mic'ed and threw the monitors. The only real difference was my amp was a lot easier to carry.

this
a 20 watt amp with speaker (rated a 95 dB sensitivity, which is a fairly conservative rating in the guitar world) should be able to crank out ~108 dB. 108 dB is pretty damn loud, generally that is about enough to be heard well.
punk isn't dead, it's always smelled that way.

"A perfection of means, and confusion of aims, seems to be our main problem."
-ae