i am looking forward to building a home studio
here's the list of things i decided i will get
mic-sm57
interface-apogee one
however i havent decided upon which mixer and inear monitors to get my budget is 200 for both the mixer and the in ear monitor headphone
suggestions?
i cant go used btw as i live in india
Gear:
Peavey 6505 120W Head
Ibanez Rga32 (FOR SALE)
Laney Lv412a Cab(FOR SALE)
Soon To Get::
Boss DD20
Morley Bad Horsie II
What do you intend to do with the mixer? The reason I ask is that you might not need one.

In-ear monitors are great for live use, but I wouldn't want to use them for mixing. Get a proper set of "speaker" monitors.

CT
Could I get some more talent in the monitors, please?

I know it sounds crazy, but try to learn to inhale your voice. www.thebelcantotechnique.com

Chris is the king of relating music things to other objects in real life.
by mixer i meant something like korg nanokontrol 2 and i cant. afford to get a good pair of speaker monitors so how about headphone monitors??
Gear:
Peavey 6505 120W Head
Ibanez Rga32 (FOR SALE)
Boss DD20
Morley Bad Horsie II
You'll get a LOT more for your money if you stick with headphones over in ears. You can get an killer pair of cans for $100 while that much toward in ears will get you a pretty crappy sound and uncomfortable fit.

I would recommend saving more money and getting proper monitors. Headphones are really only good for tracking and for a quick mix reference. You also don't need any form of mixer. All mixing can be easily done on your computer. It may seem a little weird at first, but you'll get used to it.
thanks can you recommend me a 100$ headphone monitor???
Gear:
Peavey 6505 120W Head
Ibanez Rga32 (FOR SALE)
Boss DD20
Morley Bad Horsie II
Quote by deepsal
thanks can you recommend me a 100$ headphone monitor???

Sennheiser HD280's are my favorite in that range.

but with nice headphones, (especially in ear monitors) you get what you pay for
Quote by gregs1020
Brett has been saving for a splawn for 4 years
countries have been toppled in the time it's taking, revolutions won got a black pres

yawn

Quote by bubb_tubbs
When he finally gets one it'll probably be televised like the Berlin Wall coming down.
The end of an era
Audio Technica ATM-H50s. Got mine for $110 new on eBay and they sound fantastic for the price
Quote by Dave_Mc
I've had tube amps for a while now, but never actually had any go down on me
Quote by jj1565
maybe you're not saying the right things? an amp likes to know you care.

www.SanctityStudios.com
Really man, if you can save up to $300 you can get a set of KRK Rokits and be MUCH better off for mixing.

If you HAVE to get headphones, Sennheiser HD280's. I've tried a number of cans in that price range and none of them quite match up to the Senn's