Hey people!

I've got some problems with my amp (A Vox VT100) and i can't figure out what's the problem, so i wondered if any of you could help.

When i turn on the amp all the lights go on and it does not let me select presets or the amp presets. It just glow and make kind of a "tic" sound. I can't get any sound with my guitar plugged in.

Anyone have an idea of what this could be?

Thanks!

Sick
Fusion and jazz musician, a fan of most music.

Quote by Guthrie Govan
“If you steal from one person it's theft, and if you steal from lots of people it's research”

Quote by Chick Corea
"Only play what you hear. If you don't hear anything, don't play anything."
Look in the manual.

RESTORING THE FACTORY SETTINGS
Here’s how you can restore the factory settings.
NOTE: If you do this, the programs you saved in the channels will be completely erased,
and will be reset to the factory settings.
NOTE: Effect and noise reduction settings made in the Manual mode will also be erased.
1. Turn the power off.
2. While holding down both the CH and WRITE buttons, turn the power on.
When the CH1 and CH2 LEDs begin blinking, release these two buttons.
HINT: If you decide to abort this operation, press the TAP switch at this point.
3. When you press the WRITE switch, the CH1 and CH2 LEDs will change from
blinking to lit. Initialization will be completed in a few seconds, and the amp
will switch to Preset mode.
NOTE: Never turn off the power while initialization is taking place.

Try that first.
That's from the manual. Get one.
Thanks!
But no need for the attitude..

Quote by Guthrie Govan
“If you steal from one person it's theft, and if you steal from lots of people it's research”

Quote by Chick Corea
Quote by Sickz
Thanks!
But no need for the attitude..

Its not attitude you should'ave looked in the manual
Not get some random on the internet to google a pdf for the manual for you..
Last edited by coolstoryangus at Nov 12, 2011,
Quote by coolstoryangus
Its not attitude you should'ave looked in the manual
Not get some random on the internet to google a pdf for the manual for you..

I asked because i could not find the manual..

Quote by Guthrie Govan

Quote by Chick Corea
For that matter, it dident work. I'm still searching or the problem.

Quote by Guthrie Govan

Quote by Chick Corea
Quote by Sickz
For that matter, it dident work. I'm still searching or the problem.

If the reset didnt work your prob screwed unless its under warranty.
Most techs wont work on modellers, and if they do they charge you more than the amps worth.

You can try cleaning all the input jacks including the speaker out with electrical cleaner like deoxit, vox vts are known for shit jacks.

Other than that contact vox?
My gear-
Schecter C-1 Classic
Mesa Boogie 2 Ch. Dual Rectifier(blackface)
And some pedals

For sale Minty Ibanez RGA7 seven string with tour grade hsc $330+s/h or best offer!
PM me if interested

R.I.P Ashley S. Jean
Thanks for the advices so far guys, i am taking it to the guitar shop on tuesday to see if they can find any problem.

Anyways, if this helps. I just posted a vid on youtube showing the problem.

Link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U3JHn7FGsgU&feature=

Quote by Guthrie Govan

Quote by Chick Corea
Had same problems . Changed - and + 15v regulator nearby capacistor ,solved some bad solderingas ,Amp.output ic Block , contact cleaning . Got much better. But now the guitar sound like a burned transistor . Even if plugged in return loop return . It is new tube too.
What the h... to do with this junk? Thought VOX was better than this . Anyone ?
Just picked up a Vox VT100 (I think it is the newer version of the VT100) off Craigslist for $45 listed as "for repair/broken" and "no sound".
I confirmed that it powered up and selections would change lights on unit before I bought.
I figured for $45, if it couldn't be fixed, the speakers would be worth at least $45.
Brought it home and discovered the headphones were getting the amp sounds and all amp modeling and effects seemed to be working through headphones only. What was strange though was headphone was only coming out of one ear so that made me think there was possibly something going on with the headphone jack area. My theory was perhaps something was messed up with headphone jack which was preventing it from switching back to regular AMP output to speakers (aka pulling headphone jack out and your speakers work). Pulled it apart and removed the headphone/input jack board. Put on my magnifying headset and looked closely - Aha some seemingly broken traces at the headphone jack (could happen if pushed in too forcefully - design of this does NOT seem very solid. The headphone and input jacks ..you know the ones that get pushed in and out hundreds of times in all manner of abuse on an amp...are on a small PCB board and above normal force applied could damage the board...). I resoldered the broken traces and tested for continuity with my multimeter. Reinstalled the board, put amp back together and viola ! - I got me a perfectly working VT100 for $45...!!! very cool.

This just adds to my joy as I found (in the past two weeks), a 1969 Teisco Guitar for $15 (perfect condition and plays incredibly well after cleaning), A 1950's Kay F Hole Archtop Acoustic traded for some computer software I wasn't using anymore (Kay is beatup but it plays great and looks cool), a Bugera v22 tube amp for $100 (excellent condition) and now the VT100 find. I have been lucky.
Only problem is, my wife will now say "oh, that's great ...sell them for money..."
Now my amp is working , exept it is sounding like broken transistors . Like a crackling sound ( like a very broken speaker ) when touching the guitarstrings . But by headphone output the sound is all ok .
Last edited by nutte171 at Sep 1, 2015,