So I'm learning Bach's Sonata No.1 for my guitar teacher. He wants me to try and get it to 120bpm by Monday (I've had two weeks but I left it till now). I can play about half of it at 90bpm. So far I have just been trying the different transitions I have trouble with very slow. Where should I start to try and get it faster? how fast should I be practicing it? It won't be a big deal if I don't get it to 120bpm, but I would like to get the whole thing to 90bpm.

Thanks, Adam
Attachments:
JS Bach Sonata No.1 for Violin.gp5
Guitars
Washburn A20V 1981
Stagg SG300
BC Rich DLXJRVO
Ibanez Iceman
Jackson King V
Epiphone Special II
Epiphone Embassy IV
Martin D-16RGT
Ibanez EW20WNE
First of all make sure you know the whole thing, then I would make sure all of the sweep/economy picking parts are even, making sure you get all of the strings skipping down good, and work on the fingering a lot, there's a few weird finger placement parts I notice as I played through it.

EDIT: Never mind, I forgot you finger-pick classical.
you're a stone fox
Last edited by Saint78 at Nov 12, 2011,
Nice.

I can play bachs cello suite prelude in D.

The advice i'd give you:

1. Isolate your learning, say you learn 4-8 bars a day. Play them at a speed where you can play them relaxed

2. First get comfortable in playing the whole song at a slow tempo.

3. After the song becomes a part of you playing it faster and faster becomes easy .

I learned that bach song in a month but after i learned it that way, now i can play it anytime even if i don't practice it.

I recommend you that you read my FREE ebook and read at least chapters 1 and 2 so that you gt a clear understanding of the learning process both mentally and physically.

Good luck !
Quote by Saint78
First of all make sure you know the whole thing, then I would make sure all of the sweep/economy picking parts are even, making sure you get all of the strings skipping down good, and work on the fingering a lot, there's a few weird finger placement parts I notice as I played through it.

EDIT: Never mind, I forgot you finger-pick classical.

Well, I have been using a pick, just doing hybrid picking for those weird parts. Thanks for the advice!
Guitars
Washburn A20V 1981
Stagg SG300
BC Rich DLXJRVO
Ibanez Iceman
Jackson King V
Epiphone Special II
Epiphone Embassy IV
Martin D-16RGT
Ibanez EW20WNE
Quote by apajr
Nice.

I can play bachs cello suite prelude in D.

The advice i'd give you:

1. Isolate your learning, say you learn 4-8 bars a day. Play them at a speed where you can play them relaxed

2. First get comfortable in playing the whole song at a slow tempo.

3. After the song becomes a part of you playing it faster and faster becomes easy .

I learned that bach song in a month but after i learned it that way, now i can play it anytime even if i don't practice it.

I recommend you that you read my FREE ebook and read at least chapters 1 and 2 so that you gt a clear understanding of the learning process both mentally and physically.

Good luck !

Thanks for the tips!
Guitars
Washburn A20V 1981
Stagg SG300
BC Rich DLXJRVO
Ibanez Iceman
Jackson King V
Epiphone Special II
Epiphone Embassy IV
Martin D-16RGT
Ibanez EW20WNE