I've decided to purchase an entry level Ibanez and hot rod it a bit. I'm looking at the RG321 and RG7321. I've never really played electric, sticking exclusively to acoustic.

The 7 string isn't very intimidating to me because I understand it to an extent. It shouldn't be hard to adapt it to my current, limited, scale knowledge.

Anyway, the neck on the 7 string feels AMAZING! For $100 dollars more, would you recommend it for someone unfamiliar with electric guitar?

I'm wanting to change the pickups straight away, and this presents a problem in that Seymour Duncan doesn't make the pickups I want in a 7 string version. Any Dimarzio or Bare Knuckle recommendations if I go the 7 string route?

Thanks all!
Quote by Jackson kv

I've received quite a few recommendations for Agile.. Any good reviews? Personal experience? I just know nothing outside of mainstream brands... Price is great, but I don't know how to translates in terms of quality or features with this brand..
If you like the 7321- Get it!

What kind of stuff are you looking to play? I'd say though that you can't go wrong with a set of Dimarzio Blazes or a Crunch Lab/Liquifire set.
Current Gear:
LTD MH-400 with Gotoh GE1996T (EMG 85/60)
PRS SE Custom 24 (Suhr SSH+/SSV)
Ibanez RG3120 Prestige (Dimarzio Titans)
Squier Vintage Modified 70s Jazz V
Audient iD22 interface
Peavey Revalver 4, UAD Friedman BE100/DS40
Adam S3A monitors
Quote by Anonden
You CAN play anything with anything....but some guitars sound right for some things, and not for others. Single coils sound retarded for metal, though those who are apeshit about harpsichord probably beg to differ.
Quote by oneblackened
If you like the 7321- Get it!

What kind of stuff are you looking to play? I'd say though that you can't go wrong with a set of Dimarzio Blazes or a Crunch Lab/Liquifire set.

Let's see, Metallica, Thrice, Coheed and Cambria, Steve vai, Rush, Tool, NIN...

I'd like to be able to play some cleaner tones as well. I don't need a super bluesy tone, but I wouldn't mind being able to hit some.. Red Hot Chili Peppers, for example.
I have my cl/lf set in my 7420 wired up jpx style with a super switch' and in positions 2 and 4 i can get some decent rchp ish tones.

Guitarwise, I'd recommend looking for a used 7421/7621. Necks a little different, but overall quality chomps ob the 7321's, as the 7421/7621's are made in Japan.
Join the 7 String Legion!

RG7420 with Dimarzio Crunchlab + Liquifire set
Peavey Vypyr 75 with Sanpera I
Digidesign Eleven Rack
Sennheiser HD280 headphones
Behringer FCB1010 with EurekaProm

Call me Eddy
Quote by Quaned
I have my cl/lf set in my 7420 wired up jpx style with a super switch' and in positions 2 and 4 i can get some decent rchp ish tones.

Guitarwise, I'd recommend looking for a used 7421/7621. Necks a little different, but overall quality chomps ob the 7321's, as the 7421/7621's are made in Japan.

I own a 7620 - I second that statement.
Current Gear:
LTD MH-400 with Gotoh GE1996T (EMG 85/60)
PRS SE Custom 24 (Suhr SSH+/SSV)
Ibanez RG3120 Prestige (Dimarzio Titans)
Squier Vintage Modified 70s Jazz V
Audient iD22 interface
Peavey Revalver 4, UAD Friedman BE100/DS40
Adam S3A monitors
Quote by Anonden
You CAN play anything with anything....but some guitars sound right for some things, and not for others. Single coils sound retarded for metal, though those who are apeshit about harpsichord probably beg to differ.
Cool, thanks! I'll definitely check them out!

*Update* Guess I'll have to keep my eye open since they aren't current models. Hope I can hold out!
Last edited by twxj97 at Nov 12, 2011,