Hello again!

I've got a Les Paul for sale on ebay at the moment, but I can't seem to find a cardboard box to ship it in

I've been down to my local music store and they told me that they didn't actually have any boxes, so I'm in a kind of sticky situation. The guitar is being sent off on Tuesday, and I'm not willing to spend £15 on a box online (the cheapest I could find)

I know I'm asking a lot, but would somebody be able to send me a cardboard box? I would actually be so grateful! If anybody has one lying round the house, please drop me a PM or reply to this thread! Thanks in advance :-)

Charlie.
Quote by Jason
Ancient scrolls predict that when Fred Durst and Lil Wayne perform a guitar duet while touching the tips of their penises together, the gates of hell will open and swallow us all.

Hehe.

Quote by stykerwolf
there any piano makers/dealers close to you? pianos are usually transported, or pieces of when, in really thick carboard.

The only piano dealer is my local music shop! They have no boxes available, which is kind of hard to believe for a music shop...
Quote by Jason
Ancient scrolls predict that when Fred Durst and Lil Wayne perform a guitar duet while touching the tips of their penises together, the gates of hell will open and swallow us all.

Hehe.

I usually just take stuff like that to a shipping place, most fedex, ups, etc (or your equivalent of course) will pack it up and ship it for a few bucks extra.
Telecaster - SG - Jaguar
Princeton Reverb, Extra Reverb
P-Bass - Mustang Bass
Apogee Duet 2 - Ableton Suite
Quote by Sid McCall
I usually just take stuff like that to a shipping place, most fedex, ups, etc (or your equivalent of course) will pack it up and ship it for a few bucks extra.

Usually I would do that, but I'm having the guitar picked up by a courier!
Quote by Jason

Hehe.

Bump.

Can anybody help me out?
Quote by Jason

Hehe.

Bumping after an hour seriously? If you can't find some one to give you a box shell out the 15 out of respect for the buyer.
Quote by joshua garcia
I was incredibly drunk and only really remember writing a fanfic where ESP was getting porked by a pony.

Quote by guitar0player
I'd honestly fap to anything with a set of genitals as long as I find it aesthetically appealing.
You should have thought about this ahead of time. I'm not really sure what to tell you. I'd go scouring places like Best Buy and Furniture stores for a box that will work. It can't just be any old box either. It needs to be shaped properly and have sufficient packing. I'd just buck up the $15.

Quote by Sid McCall

+1

Quote by losing battle
Bumping after an hour seriously? If you can't find some one to give you a box shell out the 15 out of respect for the buyer.

+1
Tape boxes together, stuff with billions of packing peanuts, then use layers of tape to seal it.
Ibanez RGD2127Z w/ BKP Aftermaths
Seagull Entourage Rustic
Peavey 6505 212
Dunlop ZW-45 Crybaby
Quote by engineno9
Tape boxes together, stuff with billions of packing peanuts, then use layers of tape to seal it.

Packing peanuts are the worst for shipping gear. They don't really offer much protection and they get shit all over everything. You're better off using those styrofoam panels or sheets. I would also wrap the guitar in something first.
I don't know. That's how I got my Ibanez and it was fine. It was also in a hard case though.
Ibanez RGD2127Z w/ BKP Aftermaths
Seagull Entourage Rustic
Peavey 6505 212
Dunlop ZW-45 Crybaby
local bike shop will have strong boxes. You will have to mod it but it will be cheap or free
Quote by BlackVoid
Every guitar and bass forum I've visited has some people chasing some magical tone that will shoot jizzing unicorns riding on a rainbow out of their amp.
I've just been down town and spoke to my local hardware store, they gave me a nice strong cardboard box for free. It fits perfectly, thanks for your help guys!
Quote by Jason

Hehe.

Quote by zenbone
local bike shop will have strong boxes. You will have to mod it but it will be cheap or free

I just modded my cardboard box. dropped tungsol 6l6's, Jj12ax7s, and V30's in it

In all seriousness you should just take it to a fedex or Ups store and have them properly pack it. I'd be pissed if i got a guitar online and it came in shoddy packaging if it wasn't already in a case.
Ibanez RG1550 Prestige
Schecter C1 Hellraiser
MIJ Ibanez Pro-line 1550
Takamine eg340c
Peavey 6505+ 112 combo
Ibanez Tubescreamer TS- 9
ISP Decimator
MXR M234 Analog Chorus
DeltaLab Digital Delay
Planet Waves Tuner Pedal
POD HD300