Page 1 of 2
Hey guys, so pretty much I want to know if you all feel the same way now that blockbuster is gone, and honestly I think it's one big scheme for the gaming industry to make more money too. I honestly can't rent games anymore, and I don't have too many friends so I don't borrow games either. When BF3 came out, sure I bought it....I became a bit disappointing what I spent my money on though, usually when I buy a game I want to be able to play the campaign over and over again, not to say that online wasn't bad but it became boring. So then I decided to exchange BF3 for a new game that came out, and I felt ripped off because at Ebgames (gamestop w/e) they pretty much said they'd give it to me for 20 bucks, so w/e....The rest is history.

But point is, I enjoyed walking to the local blockbuster to get what I like, and I knew what I was getting and what quality would it be in, I get the feeling because of Netflix and all this online stuff it's like they're domesticating us....Idk I'm not a libertarian like Alex Johns but that was the first thing that came to mind after I found out that Blockbuster went out of Busyness (month or two ago)

Point is WE HAVE TO BUY OUR GAMES NOW, or am I wrong, I live in Canada so I wouldn't know if there are any other places to rent games.
TS is forever alone

Btw use gamefly or Netflix
Or you can pirate games onto your computer
Quote by kaptkegan
Don't think I've ever been sigged.

I pretty much never leave the drug thread anymore.
Last edited by Metallicuh at Nov 12, 2011,
There's electricity in Canada?
Gear
Highway One Tele (w/Custom Shop 51 Nocaster pickups)
Standard Tele (modded to Nashville specs)
Reverend Roundhouse

Orange Rockerverb 50 MKI
Vox AC4c1
Jet City JCA20H

And pedals!

"Shiva opens her arms now..
...to make sure I don't get too far"
I thought Blockbuster went out of "busyness" like a year ago...
you're a stone fox
Quote by Grishjarta
Hey guys, so pretty much I want to know if you all feel the same way now that blockbuster is gone, and honestly I think it's one big scheme for the gaming industry to make more money too. I honestly can't rent games anymore, and I don't have too many friends so I don't borrow games either. When BF3 came out, sure I bought it....I became a bit disappointing what I spent my money on though, usually when I buy a game I want to be able to play the campaign over and over again, not to say that online wasn't bad but it became boring. So then I decided to exchange BF3 for a new game that came out, and I felt ripped off because at Ebgames (gamestop w/e) they pretty much said they'd give it to me for 20 bucks, so w/e....The rest is history.

But point is, I enjoyed walking to the local blockbuster to get what I like, and I knew what I was getting and what quality would it be in, I get the feeling because of Netflix and all this online stuff it's like they're domesticating us....Idk I'm not a libertarian like Alex Johns but that was the first thing that came to mind after I found out that Blockbuster went out of Busyness (month or two ago)

Point is WE HAVE TO BUY OUR GAMES NOW, or am I wrong, I live in Canada so I wouldn't know if there are any other places to rent games.

Totally. Blockbuster closed because the game companies have a conspiracy to make you buy shitty games.
Quote by Butt Rayge
Pretty sure Jesus was decaffeinated.

I'm just a hedonist without happiness
Quote by barden1069
There's electricity in Canada?

Wtf is this Canada you're talking about?
Is it some new type of gaming console?
Quote by kaptkegan
Don't think I've ever been sigged.

I pretty much never leave the drug thread anymore.
Quote by Metallicuh
Wtf is this Canada you're talking about?
Is it some new type of gaming console?

ha, funny because you guys get a third of your resources from us.
Quote by Ichikurosaki
It sounds more like you bought a bad game that you didn't like as much as you thought you would more than a problem with renting

Nope, I was bitching about it before, just thought I'd link the two because now I have to buy my games.
Quote by Grishjarta
Nope, I was bitching about it before, just thought I'd link the two because now I have to buy my games.

well it's obvious you don't want to support the industry you might as well pirate everything
I heard an ad about renting games from Blockbuster this morning on the radio. Then again I'm from the UK, although if the whole company went down that surely shouldn't make a difference. You sure it's gone?
Quote by metaldood91
Hi. Can someone tell me which guitars are real 24 fret guitars and which are just 22 fret guitars with 2 extra frets added on?

http://www.youtube.com/user/Joeseffel

Quote by smcstoronto1234

So very true...
I haven't rented a game in like 5 years, I just trade in games I dont play anymore for new ones. For example, I'm probably gonna trade in Red Dead Redemption and AC: Brotherhood for Skyrim next time I have a chance to go to EB Games.

BTW, has anyone gotten Skyrim yet?
Quote by WarriorArtist94
I heard an ad about renting games from Blockbuster this morning on the radio. Then again I'm from the UK, although if the whole company went down that surely shouldn't make a difference. You sure it's gone?

Yeah, there's one a few minutes from my house that's still open. I heard they were going out of business like a year ago but it looks like they haven't yet.
It's a common known fact that Battlefield 3 has a lackluster campaign because it's geared toward multiplayer. Honestly, if you read anything about it, you'd know that. And I'm willing to bet BF isn't your normal cup of tea if you think it's gotten boring already. The game features multiple classes with various abilities and great vehicles. It has more variety than most every other shooter. The people that say it's boring are the ones that can't think outside their box and try different strategies. If you normally infantry, try being a medic and supporting your squad with medical support and suppressive fire. Or try being a Recon class and actually doing covert missions instead of just sniping. Or try mastering one of the vehicles.
Quote by W4RP1G
It's a common known fact that Battlefield 3 has a lackluster campaign because it's geared toward multiplayer. Honestly, if you read anything about it, you'd know that. And I'm willing to bet BF isn't your normal cup of tea if you think it's gotten boring already. The game features multiple classes with various abilities and great vehicles. It has more variety than most every other shooter. The people that say it's boring are the ones that can't think outside their box and try different strategies. If you normally infantry, try being a medic and supporting your squad with medical support and suppressive fire. Or try being a Recon class and actually doing covert missions instead of just sniping. Or try mastering one of the vehicles.

How is the campaign compared to BC2? The one in that game fuckin sucked.
Quote by Andrew C. S.
How is the campaign compared to BC2? The one in that game fuckin sucked.

I haven't touched the campaign in either game, since I buy BF for multiplayer. Although, I did play the first BC campaign when I didn't have a network connection, and was extremely impressed, but they had some goofy characters and a neat story.
Actually Blockbuster are doing rental machines like Redbox and you can rent games from them. You can rent games from Redbox. You can also rent games from Gamefly and they come in the mail.
"Music became a healer for me. And I learned to listen with all my being. I found that it could wipe away all the emotions of fear and confusion relating to my family." Eric Clapton
Quote by Thrashtastic15
We've had electricity since the 80's you dick.

Sorry, I'm from Michigan and it's hard to believe that everywhere in the world isn't as technologically advanced as we are. We've had electricity in our log cabins since at least the late 60s.
Gear
Highway One Tele (w/Custom Shop 51 Nocaster pickups)
Standard Tele (modded to Nashville specs)
Reverend Roundhouse

Orange Rockerverb 50 MKI
Vox AC4c1
Jet City JCA20H

And pedals!

"Shiva opens her arms now..
...to make sure I don't get too far"
It would be nice if you could easily rent games now. I would rather rent a game on Friday and finish it by Sunday and turn it back in. Considering most games only have about 5-6 hours of gameplay, maybe 30-40 if they are a RPG. It can be done in one weekend. Might have to rent the RPG again the following weekend.

That's a much wiser investment than spending 70 bucks, finishing it in one evening then trading it in for something else. Or worse, letting it collect dust because it isn't worth shit for trading in.

Quote by guitarninjaruy
Games aren't that expensive (if you got a job)
Being able to comfortably afford a game doesn't make the game worth what you paid for it.
Last edited by BlackVoid at Nov 12, 2011,
Family Video is a mile from my house. I can rent all the games I want
Last edited by tyguy92492 at Nov 12, 2011,
Just an FYI, Blockbuster was bought out by I believe Direct TV. Who has decided to systematically close down all the blockbuster stores in Canada and sell off all of there product to try and make back some of the money they spent buying blockbuster in the first place.

The funny thing is, apparently rental sales in blockbusters in Canada were higher than the sales in the U.S on a per store basis.
sigh...
Quote by devourke
Why don't you go back to Russia and rent your games there, Commie.

Russia is capitalist moron
Oh no, not paying for things we use and enjoy!
Check out my band Disturbed
Oh no! The gaming industry will make more money? Gosh darn.
You are now using UG Black.
You are now using UG Classic.

Listening to: The Police

#wolfie2017 #freegyros #gifsftw G7#9
Our Blockbluster went out of business last year. I've rented more games out of Redbox the last couple months than I have my entire life from Blockbuster.

Redbox is amazing.
daytripper75

Bullieve

Quote by Amuro Jay
I'm gonna need specific instructions again on how to properly dance with my pants on my head.
Quote by lolmnt
First you put your pants on your head.
Second you dance.
Third you wipe off all the pussy.
Page 1 of 2