Page 1 of 2
I've seen a lot of people here hate on KISS, but more specifically the tool that is Gene Simmons, of course. Nickelback is another one, although I'm not sure why... they have some cool songs don't they? I've rarely seen anyone here that dosen't hate Creed, and Kings of Leon too come to think of it... Who else is there, Pit?
Quote by moscaespañol
Coldplay.

I like Coldplay, but the songs off their new album not so much... way too poppy for me.
Quote by Alkaline 64
I like Coldplay, but the songs off their new album not so much... way too poppy for me.

Haven't heard any of them, is it that bad?
THE FORUM UPDATE KILLED THE GRADIENT STAR

Baltimore Orioles: 2014 AL Eastern Division Champions, 2017: 73-78
Baltimore Ravens: 2012 World Champions, 2017: 2-0
2017 NFL Pick 'Em: 24-7
Can't think of anyone I dislike more than Kesha. And no, it's not spelt with a dollar sign
My Soundcloud
Always up for some C4C, been compared to Frank Turner, The Cure's Robert Smith and Bruce Springsteen so check out my stuff if you like the sound of that
It's cool to hate...all bands...pretty much...

I ****ing love Good Charlotte (although, their last two albums have sucked).
Quote by neidnarb11890
the chinese take-out place my family always ordered from gave you chopsticks, so as a kid it was fun to try & eat with chopsticks
now i just use a fork, 'cuz nothing is fun anymore & i just want to shovel food into my mouth to fill the void
Metallica fans can at times hate everyone else, except sometimes Slayer.
Quote by metaldood91
Hi. Can someone tell me which guitars are real 24 fret guitars and which are just 22 fret guitars with 2 extra frets added on?

http://www.youtube.com/user/Joeseffel

Quote by smcstoronto1234

So very true...
Nickelback. It's okay to hate everything past The Long Road, but Silver Side Up was an awesome album.
I noticed Dream Theater gets quite a bit of hate. They're my favorite band but I can understand why people might not like them.
Northern wind take my song up high
To the hall of glory in the sky
So its gates shall greet me open wide
When my time has come to die
Haha. Not sure why Creed gets so much hate. Most of the people who claim to hate Creed liked them at one point and are just jumping on the bandwagon. Sure, Stapp was a drunk and made a fool out of himself on live television more than once, but 'Full Circle' was a pretty good record.

Hmm..who to add to this list.

3 Doors Down. Those guys are so under rated. Sure, 'Kryptonite' was over played and wasn't a terribly amazing song in the first place, but they have some good material.

Looks like you guys have covered all of the 'most hated' bands. But, I feel some bands should get MORE hate. Like Theory Of A Deadman, for example. They sound EXACTLY like Nickelback, but they don't get nearly enough criticism for it, it seems.

Like...what about Lansdowne? That band is a direct rip off of EVERY other radio party-rock band. I get sick of these Nickelback carbon copies.
Quote by Shadowspawn16
I noticed Dream Theater gets quite a bit of hate. They're my favorite band but I can understand why people might not like them.

Yeah. I almost said that as well. It must be all of this Portnoy drama as of late.

You know what they say...Haters gone hate.
Quote by Benjami
i like Creed, problem UG?

Judging by your sig, it seems you like AB as well.

Good man!

Seriously, though. No one will give me a legitimate reason as to WHY they actually hate Creed. I've defended this band for the past 10 years and no one can tell me what's wrong with the band.

Is it the fact that they've only heard 'One Last Breath' and 'Higher?'

Or that fact that, as I said above, people just like to ride the bandwagon?

I don't know...but Creed rules.
Quote by Benjami
i like Creed, problem UG?

Not at all. You are more than welcome to like whatever music you like. Anyone who says otherwise is a narrow minded fool.
Quote by p_a_morgan
Judging by your sig, it seems you like AB as well.

Good man!

Seriously, though. No one will give me a legitimate reason as to WHY they actually hate Creed. I've defended this band for the past 10 years and no one can tell me what's wrong with the band.

Is it the fact that they've only heard 'One Last Breath' and 'Higher?'

Or that fact that, as I said above, people just like to ride the bandwagon?

I don't know...but Creed rules.
People don't like Stapp's voice, which is very unique and i can see it's not everyone's cup of tea.
that is the ONLY reason, most of them do like Alter Bridge so, im sure if they would play Creed with Kennedy they would like the songs as well. i hope that wont ever happen though.

Quote by WholeLottaIzzy
Not at all. You are more than welcome to like whatever music you like. Anyone who says otherwise is a narrow minded fool.

Quote by p_a_morgan
Haha. Not sure why Creed gets so much hate. Most of the people who claim to hate Creed liked them at one point and are just jumping on the bandwagon. Sure, Stapp was a drunk and made a fool out of himself on live television more than once, but 'Full Circle' was a pretty good record.

I'm pretty sure it's because scott stapp is a d-bag. Wasn't he in some sex tape with kid rock?

Once I can't take a person seriously, it's very hard to take the music they write seriously.
Oh f*ck it,
I'm gonna have a party.
I had the blankest year,
I watched life turn into a TV show.
It was totally weird.
A lot of people don't like The White Stripes because they heard Seven Nation Army too many times and don't know any of their other songs.

Quote by lushacrous
Attack Attack!

(might have gotten the exclamation point wrong, but you guys know who I'm talking about)

Also this.
Last edited by 37 Narwhals at Nov 12, 2011,
Attack Attack!

(might have gotten the exclamation point wrong, but you guys know who I'm talking about)
R.I.P. M.C.A.
Tweet at me bro
lushacrous loves you
Quote by blake1221
Don't be ludicrous, lushacrous.
Quote by Gunpowder
that joke regarding your username was NOT originally posted by blake1221. That was a Gunpowder original.

I INVOKE SOPA TO SMITE YE FOR THIS FALSEHOOD.
It seems like bands/people get alot of hate on UG if the general public worships the band/person.

Example: Slash. He gets ripped on all the time because "l0lz m1n0rz p3ntat0n1cz n3wb wh3r3z t3h br00tlz?" and because he is over-glorified by alot of people. Is he the greatest guitar player ever? Not by a long shot. Is he the worst? Certainly not.
Quote by rhinomiester647
"l0lz m1n0rz p3ntat0n1cz n3wb wh3r3z t3h br00tlz?"
I barely even read this post, but it gets on my internet nerves when people do this to describe people they disagree with. Couldn't you have just said "I'm smart and you're dumb!" instead of taking the time to type that?
R.I.P. M.C.A.
Tweet at me bro
lushacrous loves you
Quote by blake1221
Quote by Gunpowder
that joke regarding your username was NOT originally posted by blake1221. That was a Gunpowder original.

Quote by lushacrous
I barely even read this post, but it gets on my internet nerves when people do this to describe people they disagree with. Couldn't you have just said "I'm smart and you're dumb!" instead of taking the time to type that?

I keep trying to think of a defense, but I can't. Sorry
Quote by WholeLottaIzzy

I agree. As much as someone may disagree, nobody's "right" in who they do and don't like. On Creed, they never clicked for me, but I love Alter Bridge. IMO, Myles is just much better than Stapp.
Everyone seems to hate on hair bands. I can understand their formula is overplayed, as is the cross dressing, but there was some good music in the 80s that gets lumped into one category and dismissed. I love Skid Row and Queensryche, but they fall into that same generalization.
Quote by rhinomiester647
I keep trying to think of a defense, but I can't. Sorry

I forgive
R.I.P. M.C.A.
Tweet at me bro
lushacrous loves you
Quote by blake1221
Quote by Gunpowder

3 Doors Down

I can't stand any of their songs. They're just so generic and boring to me.

And this is coming from someone who likes Creed (Well, their less popular songs)
Originally Posted by moscaespañol
Coldplay.
It is true:

Also; Nickelback
Guitars & Gear:
Parker Nitefly M
Sumer Metal Driver
Ibanez RGD2120Z
AMT SS-11B
Two Notes Torpedo CAB
Last edited by Emperor's Child at Nov 12, 2011,
Quote by Emperor's Child
It is true:

That's epic.

Also, a lot of people love to hate Muse and Metallica. And Megadeth.
Slipknot.

Though I think it's more due to their fans than their actual music. I'll admit, I myself was an annoying teenage Slipknot fanboy, once.. >_>
Originally Posted by edgeyyz
Also, a lot of people love to hate Muse and Metallica. And Megadeth.
I'm yet to find someone that can say both "I dislike Muse" and "I know what Origin of Symmetry is".
Guitars & Gear:
Parker Nitefly M
Sumer Metal Driver
Ibanez RGD2120Z
AMT SS-11B
Two Notes Torpedo CAB
Quote by Emperor's Child
It is true:

*SW*

Also; Nickelback

I don't get why Porcupine Tree doesnt get hate. Very overrated in my opinion.
Quote by Emperor's Child
I'm yet to find someone that can say both "I dislike Muse" and "I know what Origin of Symmetry is".

I know exactly what you mean. Everybody seems to base their opinion on them solely on the stuff played on the radio over the past 5 years.

^ And I highly disagree about PT.
Originally Posted by Weaponized
I don't get why Porcupine Tree doesnt get hate. Very overrated in my opinion.
Becasuse you're wrong?
Guitars & Gear:
Parker Nitefly M
Sumer Metal Driver
Ibanez RGD2120Z
AMT SS-11B
Two Notes Torpedo CAB
Quote by Emperor's Child
Becasuse you're wrong?

I guess that must be it

I've tried so hard to get into them but... can't
Quote by Weaponized
I guess that must be it

I've tried so hard to get into them but... can't

Well just because you don't like them doesn't mean they're overrated. I don't like BTBAM, a very popular band on UG, but I wouldn't call them overrated.
Page 1 of 2