Hey. I bought a starter pack thingy when I started playing guitar, but now I'm beginning to realize that it kinda sounds Justin Bieber-ish... So I'm really looking forward upgrades. :P

I have:

Fender Squier Strat Affinity
Fender Frontman 15G

That's it. xD

I play rock, punk and power metal. I don't really like jazz/blues or trash death metal stuff.

I really have no idea if I should get a new amp or guitar or buy a pedal first...

Thanks!

(I'm poor. $350 would be the maximum I'd be willing to spend)
Where are you located?
Look into a used Peavey Vyper30 and get a new bridge pickup. www.Guitarfetish.com they have a rail type single coil type humbucker for really cheap, and it is surprisingly good. I use the Tele version (Lil' Puncher) and it is very nice and fat sounding. That should be within your budget and give you a diecent sound.
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
2009 Epiphone G-400 (SH-4)
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Krank Rev 4x12 (eminence V12)
GFS Greenie/Digitech Bad Monkey
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate
I would buy new amp, VOX vt-series, Roland Microcube, Peaver Vypyr or so. And after that I'd save up for a new guitar. I don't see a point in buying a new pickup for such a cheap guitar. It's up to you tho.
Quote by miio
I would buy new amp, VOX vt-series, Roland Microcube, Peaver Vypyr or so. And after that I'd save up for a new guitar. I don't see a point in buying a new pickup for such a cheap guitar. It's up to you tho.

The pickup is only @$30
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
2009 Epiphone G-400 (SH-4)
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Krank Rev 4x12 (eminence V12)
GFS Greenie/Digitech Bad Monkey
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate
Quote by Robbgnarly
The pickup is only @$30

Would it make much of a difference through a beginner/intermediate Solid State amp, though? He might as well save the cash.
OBEY THE MIGHTY SHITKICKER