Does anyone know any ways to mute the built-in mic on a laptop? Whenever I open GuitarRig it just hums and squeels. I went through all the audio settings on GuitarRig and I only have 2 input options, Mic input 1 and 2 and it doesn't matter which one I choose; they both use the built in laptop mic even when I have my guitar-USB interface plugged in.

I went to the sound settings on my comptuer and made the USB the default recording device, and disabled all other devices and it still picks up the stupid mic.

I went to the system BIOS and disabled the mic and it still picks it up. The interface I have works with Audacity but with GuitarRig it's like it doesn't know that I have a mic plugged in and it just wants to use the built in one on my laptop.

If anyone can help it'd be greatly appreciated, as this is getting very frustrating.

By the way, I don't know if this matters or not, but the GuitarRig I have is legal and it came with the interface I got. I already tried google and everything people have said to do I've already done so maybe someone here has had the same problem and knows a way to fix it.
Quote by steven seagull
There are no boring scales, just boring guitarists.

Quote by convictionless
dude calebrocker, that first song on your list almost made me cry
11/10
you win my good sir

^ My For Mom cover

Check out my MP3s!!
Last edited by calebrocker at Nov 12, 2011,
Sounds to me like there is some detail here you didn't say/don't know about. Make sure all this stuff is plugged in before you configure it, and that the problem isn't something stupid like the volume turned down for your mic ports.

Can you select mic inputs while monitoring the audio? If you can, when you switch mic inputs does the sound cut in and out really quick? If it does, and it shouldn't, it means that both your mic inputs are for the onboard mic.
Quote by Jesus
Gaza Strip- home. At least it was before I fucked ereythang up...
Quote by kyle62
You need to disable the mic in the ASIO4ALL control panel. Easy peasy.

That was it. Thanks!
Quote by steven seagull
There are no boring scales, just boring guitarists.

Quote by convictionless
dude calebrocker, that first song on your list almost made me cry
11/10
you win my good sir

^ My For Mom cover

Check out my MP3s!!